Rate The Players v Crewe Alexandra | Vital Football

Rate The Players v Crewe Alexandra

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
Here we go for the final time this season... can Fiorini make it six in a row?

6.0 is the par score etc

Deadline is 5pm on Monday; I will then do all the number-crunching and determine who has won what.

Wright
Norton-Cuffy
Eyoma
Poole
Robson
Sorensen
Cullen
Fiorini
Whittaker
Marquis
Scully

Sanders
Hopper

Wright 7 Some good, but not entirely, convincing saves

Norton-Cuffy 7 Good forward runs on occasions, but left very exposed defensively on occasions too
Eyoma 6 Looked very rusty for the first 30 minutes, and his legs just would not work for their goal. Improved a little after that.
Poole 8 Demonstrated again why he is player of the season, and again why his future must be at centre back
Robson 6.5 Very average. Will struggle to displace Brammal next season

Sorensen 6.5 Average but not dreadful. Wasted a chance to show everyone why he was signed. Might have been his last chance too.
Cullen 5 Effort and that was about it. Don't think we should have him back next season.
Fiorini 7.5 Another fine game, and we will miss him on his form since January.

Whittaker 5.5 Played like he knew it was his last game for us.
Marquis 5.5 Played like he knew it was his last game for us.
Scully 5.5 Didn't look well right from the start. Clearly suffering with sickness.

Sanders 6.5 Thought he did well after he had settled in to the game, and his driving forward from midfield helped us get back into the game
Hopper 6.5 No idea why he has not been playing, but we always look more dangerous when Hopper is on the field.

Pleased for Adulakan, as I think he has had a raw deal from MA.

Wright - 5.5
Norton-Cuffy - 5.5
Eyoma - 5.5
Poole - 6.5
Robson - 6
Sorensen - 6
Cullen - 5
Fiorini - 7
Whittaker - 6.5
Marquis - 6
Scully - 5.5

Sanders - 5.5
Hopper - 6.5

Wright 7 Some good, but not entirely, convincing saves

Norton-Cuffy 7 Good forward runs on occasions, but left very exposed defensively on occasions too
Eyoma 6 Looked very rusty for the first 30 minutes, and his legs just would not work for their goal. Improved a little after that.
Poole 8 Demonstrated again why he is player of the season, and again why his future must be at centre back
Robson 6.5 Very average. Will struggle to displace Brammal next season

Sorensen 6.5 Average but not dreadful. Wasted a chance to show everyone why he was signed. Might have been his last chance too.
Cullen 5 Effort and that was about it. Don't think we should have him back next season.
Fiorini 7.5 Another fine game, and we will miss him on his form since January.

Whittaker 5.5 Played like he knew it was his last game for us.
Marquis 5.5 Played like he knew it was his last game for us.
Scully 5.5 Didn't look well right from the start. Clearly suffering with sickness.

Sanders 6.5 Thought he did well after he had settled in to the game, and his driving forward from midfield helped us get back into the game
Hopper 6.5 No idea why he has not been playing, but we always look more dangerous when Hopper is on the field.

Pleased for Adulakan, as I think he has had a raw deal from MA.
You thought sanders did well? What do think he did well? All I saw was stray passes and weak tackling.Sanders was lop sided and left some gaping holes in midfield

Wright 6
Norton-Cuffy 6.5
Eyoma 5.5
Poole 7.5
Robson 6
Sorensen 6
Cullen 5.5
Fiorini 7
Whittaker 6.5
Marquis 6.5
Scully 5.5

Sanders 6
Hopper 6.5

You thought sanders did well? What do think he did well? All I saw was stray passes and weak tackling.Sanders was lop sided and left some gaping holes in midfield

I only saw one awful pass from Sanders, but a lot of covering for Fiorini and plenty of short safer passes to get us moving. There were also two good breaks forward at pace, the second of which created the winning goal.

Each to his own though. Midfield was bound to be wide open today with the line-up we had.

I only saw one awful pass from Sanders, but a lot of covering for Fiorini and plenty of short safer passes to get us moving. There were also two good breaks forward at pace, the second of which created the winning goal.

Each to his own though. Midfield was bound to be wide open today with the line-up we had.
Yes Mike each to his own and I did not see Sanders contribute anything today .I wish him well though and I hope he can kick on

Wright 6
Norton-Cuffy 6
Eyoma 5
Poole 8
Robson 6
Sorensen 5
Cullen 5
Fiorini 7
Whittaker 6
Marquis 6
Scully 6

Sanders 6
Hopper 7

Wright 6
Norton-Cuffy 5.5
Eyoma 6
Poole 8
Robson 6.5
Sorenson 6
Cullen 5
Fiorini 7
Whittaker 6
Marquis 6
Scully 4.5

Sanders 6
Hopper 7
Adelukan 7

Wright 6
Norton-Cuffy 6.5
Eyoma 5.5
Poole 8
Robson 5.5
Sorensen 5.5
Cullen 5
Fiorini 7
Whittaker 6
Marquis 6
Scully 6

Sanders 6
Hopper 6.5

Wright 6.5 Couple of good saves in the second half. Exposed for their goal

NC 6 Couldn't get going but didn't let the team down
Eyoma 5.5 Not match fit and some stray passes. Should have defended their goal better
Poole 8 Best player on the pitch. Next years captain without a doubt. Played his heart out to the end
Robson 6 Same as NC. Did okay without really impressing. Might have been better scored if some of his first half runs into space actually resulted in the ball being passed to him.

Sorensen 6 Was actually doing the tidying up role quite well I thought before was taken off and looked upset over the decision.
Cullen 5 Anonymous
Fiorini 7 Big effort today and has ended the season well

Whitaker 6 Worked hard but tried too many Hollywood balls
Marquis 5.5 Effort was there but forgot his shooting boots again
Scully 5 Wasn't fit and it showed

Sanders 6 Generally okay
Hopper 7 His introduction changed the game in our favour.

Last edited:
Wright 6.5 made some decent saves
BNC 5.5 apart from a couple of good moments looked like he had caught the end of season beach bug.
Eyoma 5 looked unfit and very rusty
Poole 9 brilliant played like he cared as he has done all season. Head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.
Robson 6.5 made some great runs but nobody would pass to hi .
Whittaker 5.5 looks so good attires but ineffective today
Sorrensen 5 poor
Cullen tries but produces nothing really
Florini 6 tried to get his passing game going
Scully 5 wasn't on long ut ran up dark alleys
Marquis 5 a grafter but his control and lay offs woeful today
Hopper 6.5 took his goal well
Sanders 5 kept passing to Crewe
Adelukan 6.5 looked great but the odd good game not enough