Rate The Players v Blackpool | Vital Football

Rate The Players v Blackpool

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
6.0 is the par score etc (or shall we reduce it to 4.0?)

Deadline is 5pm on Wednesday.

Jensorensen
Sorensen
Mitchell
Jackson
Eyoma
Duffy
Bishop
Smith
Hamilton
Adelakun
Makama

Brown
Shodipo
Vale

Jenson 6
Sorensen 6
Mitchell 5
Jackson 6
Eyoma 6
Duffy 7
Bishop 6
Smith 6
Hamilton 6
Adelakun 7
Makama 6

Brown 5
Shodipo 7
Vale 5

Jensen 7 MotM :clap:
Sorensen 6
Mitchell 3
Jackson 5
Eyoma 4
Duffy 6
Bishop 4
Smith 4
Hamilton 4
Adelakun 6
Makama 6

Brown 3
Shodipo 4
Vale 3

Jensen - 7.5

Sorensen - 6
Mitchell - 6.5
Jackson - 7.5
Eyoma - 7
Duffy - 7

Bishop - 5
Hamilton - 6
Smith - 6.5

Adelakun - 7
Makama - 7.5

Brown - 6
Shodipo - 6.5
Vale - 5

Jensen 6 Did well although kicking still has its bad points.

Sorensen 5 Not having one of his better games before he went off.
Mitchell 5 Bad miss, but you should not have to rely on a centre back vollying the ball in from ten yards.
Jackson 6 Solid without being outstanding
Eyoma 5 Best defender - until that error
Duffy 7 Did very well against a very tricky player in Hamilton. Should have been moved further forward when Brown came on for Sorensen. A tactical shortcoming that concerns me.

Bishop 5 A couple of good first half tackles, but absolutely nothing creative. Which is what he is supposed to provide.
Smith 5 Started well, then seemed to lose all confidence. Yet to see why he was so highly rated at Sutton.
Hamilton 6 Struggled manfully with little support. Clearly missed Erhahon.

Adelakun 6 Did some good things and some bad things. Sums up Haks.
Makama 6.5 A more than decent game with some good touches. Has little goal instinct though - no real idea how to get on the end of crosses.

Brown 5 Should have been slotted in at left wing back.
Shodipo 6 Looked lively again when he came on. Probably unlucky not to start.
Vale 5 Did nothing and needs to go elsewhere this month to rebuild his career.

I know its early days for Skoobs and he deserves time, but it concerns me that I see no improvement in basic tactics. Struggle to defend set pieces. Struggle to do anything with our own. Very little evidence of organisation on the pitch. I know he hasn't had much time on the training field, but he must have had some unless the players only come in on match days. None of those three things are complicated tactically after all.

12 days now without a game. We really must see some improvement at Wycombe - please!

Last edited:
Manager needs to seriously look at himself. Our midfield was non existent and yes we had players out but you can’t leave changing things so late. Really poor today for someone supposed to be so tactical

Jensen 6 Did ok nothing bad nothing really good

Sorensen 5 was to blame on the goal didn’t jump and let the guy have an unchallenged free header. Was poor most of the game and I really think his end product is woeful. Worst I’ve seen from him but been poor since new manager came in

Mitchell 8 unlucky shot some seem to think should have scored on the volley from edge of the box. Shows how seriously sad we are when we blame a CB for missing what would be a worldly. Was as usual his solid and reliable self having to cover sorrenson all game

Jackson6 was Solid but looked slow at times and was lucky twice against good forwards. Is always reliable but with nothing in front of him it’s so hard for the defence

Eyoma 4 was really poor generally and gave the free kick for goal needlessly. dreadful error for the goal which he nearly did more than once . Great going forward no such a good defender

Duffy 6 did ok against string player but didn’t look to cement a place to me

Bishop 5 good tackles in 1st half then disappeared

Smith 5 poor overall

Hamilton 5.5 worst game but was fighting on his own.

Adelakun 7 worked hard

Makama 7 was best I’ve seen in recent weeks but needs help did ok

Brown 5 not much to say really didn’t see why he was put where he was

Shodipo 5 flashes but not enough off the ball for me

Vale 6 pressed hard but not much else

Jensen 6 perfectly fine
Sorensen 5.5 got on the ball a few times in the first half but not his best game before he went off
Mitchell 6 defended pretty well. Minus 0.5 for managing a foul throw and snatching at his chance (I get that's not his job)
Jackson 6 dependable
Eyoma 4 reckless for their free kick (did not need to dive in), gave away the second. Feel frustrated that he has a few good games then a bad one sometimes!
Duffy 5.5 won a few decent headers in the first half and one good bit of fancy footwork but little effect on the game. He might get more opportunities at LWB if we're not changing it as he's done alright defensively...
Bishop 5 also little effect on the game
Smith 5 ""
Hamilton 5.5 battling but not his best game. Want to see more on the ball.
Adelakun 6 did run them a couple of times, not sure we got better once he went off.
Makama 5.5 a few alright bits of link up play, clearly trying, tough ask.

Brown 5.5 odd seeing him at right wing back, coming into traffic inside. But he didn't do anything bad!:
Shodipo 6.5 a bit of directness we lack but didn't have loads of the ball
Vale 5 didn't impact the game

Last edited:
Jensen - 6.5 - couple of decent saves, distribution ok bar one woeful fk.
Sorensen 5.5 - willing running but overall poor by his standards and clearly frustrated. Need him fit though..
Mitchell 6 - good connection with difficult chance. Defended ok though needless corners a habit.
Jackson 7 - usual Jacko.
Eyoma 6.5 - not MotM as per Makepeace and sloppy mistake for 2nd, but ok for me.
Duffy 7 - some good moments going forward, struggled with Hamilton at times. Surely needs to be starting more?
Bishop 5.5 - disappointing - started well forward but didn't influence game enough.
Smith 6 - good 1st half, awful 2nd.
Hamilton 6 - battled throughout.
Adelakun 6 - worked and ran, still exasperating.
Makama 7 - good running, closing down, close control, one burst of pace 2nd half nearly created a chance. Showed he's got the potential and bravery (see Liam's comments)..

Brown 5.5 - fish out of water and list any momentum down right. Needed the switch to back 4 and LB to be more effective.
Shodipo 6 - some good work down the left but part of the team final ball malaise
Vale 6 - ran, tried, nothing much happened.

Jensorensen - 6.5
Sorensen - 6
Mitchell - 5
Jackson - 6
Eyoma - 6
Duffy - 6.5
Bishop - 5.5
Smith - 6
Hamilton - 6
Adelakun - 6
Makama - 6

Brown - 5
Shodipo - 6
Vale - 5.5

Watched the game live with my arms crossed the whole time, watched again on ifollow much the same. never felt we were going to get anything against another side in poor form, if only we could play ourselves right now!
Hopefully we are now at the end of this dire period of our season and the 10 day break, more available players etc we will see a better showing at WW
The recall hasen't happened yet and FD may well be injured, but there seems to be so much expectation on the shoulders of a 19 year old to save our season, could be the perfect situation for him or indeed the perfect storm.

Jensen - 6.5 didn't do much wrong
Sorensen - 5.5 average by his standards, was partly responsible for their first goal
Mitchell - 5 hasn't looked as good since he was dropped from the starting line-up. was partly at fault for the first.
Jackson - 6.5 was his normal reliable self
Eyoma - 6 same as Jacko until the last 5
Duffy - 6 thought he defended well, couple of decent crosses and one run early on but we didn't create any more on that side with him there than with any of the others that play there :shrug: I understand yesterday but we have to find a way to play him further up regularly
Bishop - 5 he's a super sub, doesn't do enough to be starting games, oh yeah he does.... he's fit!
Smith - 5.5 started well but faded
Hamilton - 5.5 not up to his normal standard back in his familiar role, clearly missing his namesake in there
Adelakun - 6 he tried, he failed, he tried again, some good moments but needs to be more consistent
Makama - 6 A for effort, never feel like he's going to deliver though

Brown - 3 yes out of position and practice. But this is a guy who trains to play football all week. couldn't land the most simple of passes, doesn't matter which foot it was with
Shodipo - 6.5 I thought he was lively and tried to make things happen
Vale - 6 he always adds energy when he comes on, maybe like a dog chasing a ball at times but he does at least unsettle a defence

Happy New Year Imps, Reeco back for the next game:cheers:

WE GO AGAIN !!

Jensen: 7 MOM, made a couple of good saves, but what was he doing for the second goal?
Sorensen: 6 Was having a decent game, hope the injury is nothing.
Mitchell: 5.5 Some very strange incidents, not his best game.
Jackson: 6 Still worried - both the goals came through the centre again (as Northampton) although the second was an error by TJ.
Eyoma: 5.5 A mark off for the late error but the game was already gone at 1-0.
Duffy: 6.5 Lively, skilful, threatening, will be back on the bench at Wycombe.
Bishop: 5 No impact, dismal free kick, looks a shadow of his real self.
Smith: 5.5 I can see a good player there but needs to start delivering.
Hamilton: 6 Good energy again but couldn't get near goal.
Adelakun: 6 Decent game despite some ineffective throws and corners.
Makama: 6 Started the game very well but one goal in 25 appearances is a problem.

Brown: 5 Not his fault, playing on the wrong side.
Shodipo: 6 Injected a bit of pace and energy back into the side.
Vale: 4 No impact at all.

Jensen 7
Made some good saves.

Sorrenson 6
Looked quite lively first half. No-one will ever convince me he is a wingback. Doesn't have the skill or pace to play there.

Mitchell 6
Solid player. Had our best opportunity first half with a difficult to connect with volley.

Jackson 6
Decent solid game.

Eyoma 6
Thought his tackle that led to the free kick and their first goal was a good tackle. Yes it was strong but he won the ball. Just optimises what is putting the likes of me off the game. Its becoming a non contact tippy tappy sport. Second goal was just an awful sloppy mistake but the game was lost by then because we wouldn't have scored if we were still playing.

Duffy 5.5
Came in and did an ok job in going forward. His defending though was abysmal but I can't hold him responsible for that because hes not a defender or a left wing back in any shape or form.

Bishop 5
Played in a more forward position with the same result. Just not involved enough.
The whole way the team is set up and play will never suit a player like his playing style.

Smith 5.5
Difficult for a player who is coming in and out of the team. Did some ok things but never is influential on a game.

Hamilton 6
Battled away. Covered alot of ground between the two 18 yard boxs but that was as good as it got.

Adelakun 5.5
Played in a free role just behind Makama, the sort of role you want Bishop in, in a decent team. Covered a fair amount of ground and looks better than he did but still not up to playing in a top half League 1 team.

Makama 6
Thought he started the game very well. Was coming off the defender, held the ball up well and made some good layoffs, bringing people into the game. He weaknesses are, for a big lad he is awful in the air, really needs to work on that, although they're not allowed to do more than 10 headers a week in training so how he improves that I don't know and not strictly his fault but he's never anywhere in the box, but neither is anybody else unless it's a free kick or corner.

Brown 5
Bizarre to play him down the right. Can only think they didn't want to start moving players about but that's probably what it needed.

Vale 5
Ran about a bit.

Shodipo 5
Decent on the ball but didn't achieve much.

Another frustrating game with only a couple of efforts on target.

Jensen: 6.5 - Some decent saves. Mostly better distribution.
Sorensen: 6 - ok game, first touch and ball skills frustrating
Mitchell: 5.5 - Playing below his ability; getting dropped seems to have knocked him. Cautious in the extreme. We desperately needed him to score from his big chance.
Jackson: 6 - When the ball is near him he is the best.
Eyoma: 5.5 - Dreadfully sloppy for their goal, but it made no difference to the result. Otherwise a reasonable game.
Duffy: 6.5 - Gave us hope at times, good with the ball at his feet. Needs to start, get forward and have a 1-2 connection with Hamilton.
Bishop: 5.5 - Not effective in a more forward role on the day. A few quality moments.
Smith: 5.5 - Quite good first half. Almost always looks to pass rather than trying to get into a goal scoring position. Believe in yourself Smithy.
Hamilton: 6 - Another hard working performance but without creating very much.
Adelakun: 5.5 - Lots of effort but little end product. Slightly better at holding the ball up, heading remains dire.
Makama: 6 - A bit more confidence but needs to get in a position to have a crack at goal, and then score.

Brown: 5 - So one footed he may as well hop. In any case what was he doing on the wrong side?
Shodipo: 6 - A reasonable impact sub once again.
Vale: 5 - Too light weight for this type of football, unfortunately.