Rate The Players v Blackpool | Vital Football

Rate The Players v Blackpool

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
The 100% league record is intact, the Imps are top of the table, and that makes 7 wins from 8 games. We have uncovered some real gems in Roughan and Montsma, and the side is playing the type of football likely to get the fans out of their seats, had they been in them in the first place.

Appleton out.

6.0 is the par score, use half-marks and give us your comments too. And don't forget to rate the subs!

Deadline is 5pm on Monday due to the Mansfield game.

Palmer
Eyoma
Montsma
Jackson
Roughan
Bridcutt
McGrandles
Jones
Grant
Johnson
Hopper

Edun
Anderson

Palmer 6
Eyoma 6
Montsma 8
Jackson 7
Roughan 6
Bridcutt 8
McGrandles 7
Jones 7
Grant 8
Johnson 8
Hopper 6.5

Edun 7
Anderson 7

Another very decent team performance.........

Palmer 6.5 Not much he could do with either goal but controls hos area pretty well. A few wayward kick outs which we'll put down to the conditions

Eyoma 7 Continues to impress both at the back and going forward
Jackson 7 A very loose pass late on aside very solid
Montsma 8 Very good at the back and the little keepie-uppie for his goal was Bergkampesque
Roughan 6 Played against a very good winger and did fine in all honesty. Substitution was to get that bit of extra pace on

Bridcutt 8 My MOM. Made an horrendous mistake and it cost us a goal, but you saw the mark of a really good player in how he dealt with that for the rest of the game. A real leaders performance

McGrandless 6.5 Worked hard yet again
Jones 7 As with McGrandless does a lot of hard work but gets an extra .5 for two sublime through balls which very nearly carved them open

Johnson 7.5 Impressive direct running caused them problems throughout and won us two penalties with his close control
Grant 7.5 Two good penalties and some other good dead ball delivery

Hopper 7 Worked hos socks off as usual but should have done better with that header early second half

Edun 7 Impressive when he came on and their danger player was far less effective as a consequence
Anderson 6.5 Lots of energy as usual and excellent game management in injury time wound down the clock

Palmer 6
Eyoma 6
Montsma 7 - had to get an extra 1 for the goal
Jackson 6 - not as assured as usual
Roughan 6 - do him good to have played against Hamilton; will learn from it
Bridcutt 7.5 - forget the mistake, controlled midfield thereafter
McGrandles 6
Jones 6
Grant 7
Johnson 7.5 - was our outlet in the first half and won the pens
Hopper 6.5

Edun 7 - really mature performance
Anderson 7 - battering ram when we really needed one.

Two excellent match winning substitutions today in so much as we got control and impetus through them thereby bringing our other players into the game to do their stuff. Compare the impact they had with those made by Blackpool.

Last edited:
Palmer 6
Eyoma 5.5
Montsma 6.5
Jackson 6
Roughan 5.5
Bridcutt 7.5
McGrandles 6
Jones 7
Grant 7.5
Johnson 7.5
Hopper 7.5

Edun 7.5
Anderson 7.5

Palmer 5.5 - not much to do but should have saved the first
Eyoma 6 - poor first half, better second
Montsma 7. 5 - long range passing not effective yet but otherwise solid
Jackson 5.5 - turned inside out twice and lucky not to be at fault for at least one goal
Roughan 6 - did OK against a player in form
Bridcutt 7.5 - terrible mistake but showed how to react to that situation
McGrandles 6 - don't remember too much from him!
Jones 7. 5- looked to have a bit of belief and class today
Grant 8 - what a player he has become
Johnson 9 - lightning pace
Hopper 6.5 - I like him but never looked likely to score to me today

Edun 7 - Had a big impact on the game by starting counter attacks
Anderson 8 - I had written him off as not an MA player, but I have rarely seen a Lincoln player adapt to a new style as well as he has.

Palmer 7 Good command of his penalty area
Eyoma 7 Steady game this week but still impressive
Montsma 8 Some great tekkers for the goal
Jackson 7 Once again a bit steadier this week but, looks comfortable on the ball
Roughan 6 Had a challenging half against Hamilton
Bridcutt 7.5 Getting stronger, can get caught out on the ball occasionally, the goal has been analysed by others. Did 10 good things to every slight misdemeanor
McGrandles 6.5 The Engine Room
Jones 7 The Engine Room's mate today
Grant 7.5 Getting more consistent, great delivery of the ball for crosses, corners and free kicks
Johnson 8 I commented earlier about twinkle toes, team might have to get him the ball quicker when he's in some space for the goals to start flowing...but he has only been here 5 minutes
Hopper 7 Another near master class in centre forward play

Edun 8 I suppose it could be a bit unfair on others to give subs 8 but Edun didn't put a foot wrong in a tricky part of the field today and if he carries on playing like that he might find that's his position
Anderson 8 Blunderbuss in ballet shoes... just the right amount of strength to barge through, but some lovely moments of neat skill. Subs had a real impact today

Palmer 5 - Needs to consistently come for crosses (second goal as an example). Probably should have got a stronger hand to the first too.

Eyoma 6 - better defender than attacker
Montsma 7. 5 - Can only improve as regards defending. Could be our best goalscoring centre back since Sam Ellis.
Jackson 7 - I thought he was solid
Roughan 6 - didn't think he deserved to be taken off, but Edun did very well, especially going forward

Bridcutt 7 - poor mistake but his experience showed how to deal with it.
McGrandles 7 - think him and Jones are the best central midfield pairing we have had for years
Jones 7- as above

Grant 8 - a bit wasted in his current position, but has to be in the eleven
Johnson 8 - great pace and can't argue with winning two penalties
Hopper 7.7 Usual terrific effort and hold up play. Our crossing was poor today though so little service for him inside the box.

Edun 8 - Had a big effect when he came on
Anderson 8 - Much improved this season. Stronger and more direct centrally

I don't want to get carried away with our start. We are having the rub of the green regularly at present (their shot against the post today plus two penalties that some refs might not have given to an away side in front of a crowd), but it does look promising. Mind you I was saying that this time last year too!

Palmer 6
Eyoma 6
Montsma 8
Jackson 6
Roughan 5.5
Bridcutt 6.5
McGrandles 6
Jones 7
Grant 8
Johnson 7
Hopper 6.5

Edun 7
Anderson 7

Palmer -6.5
Eyoma - 6
Montsma -7.5
Jackson - 6.5
Roughan -5.5 Early days, will hopefully have learnt from today.
Bridcutt- -8 Nightmare ball for there goal, but came back like a true leader.
McGrandles - 7 Did ok for me after the first 30
Jones - 7.5 best game for me
Grant - 7 Didn’t do a lot at times, but what he did was massively important for the result. His set pieces are so important at times.
Johnson - 7.5 Always looked dangerous, great pace and terrorised the Blackpool defence.
Hopper - 7.5 Great front man performance won no end of free kicks to hold/break up play. Has massively proved me wrong about his signing.

Edun - 8 Superb, cut out there big threat in Hamilton, probably the best I have seen him play.
Anderson -7 Excellent looked constantly threatening.

Palmer 6 Not much to do.
Eyoma 6 Poor 1st half but big improvement 2nd.
Montsma 7.5 Solid but didn’t get a full header on their 2nd goal which led to the ricochet and finish. Great composure for the winner.
Jackson 6 Not as commanding as previously.
Roughan 5.5 The right decision to replace him at h/t but hope he comes back stronger.
Bridcutt 7.5 Outstanding apart from their first goal.
McGrandles 6.5 He and Jones complement each other well.
Jones 7 Another good game.
Grant 6.5 Didn’t get involved enough but when he did it was crucial.
Johnson 7.5 Great contribution to the win. Will be missed while on Int duty.
Hopper 7 It doesn’t matter that he won’t score loads of goals, he does so much else.

Edun 7 Nullified the threat of Hamilton well.
Anderson 7 Always a threat but some of the shooting/decisions were the old Harry. I prefer the new Harry.

Palmer- 6 - maybe could have done better for first goal, couple of times didnt come for crosses/through balls which he should have done, had better games.
Eyoma - 6.5 - vulnerable at times first half, caught in possession couple of times but got stronger as game progressed, possibly happier linking with Anderson?
Montsma - 8 - one of better games defensively in difficult conditions, then that goal which will have had Former Imps CB Branch in uproar.
Jackson - 7 - didnt hit the high standards of last week, caught out once in particular by misreading a ball to let Hamilton through, conditions may not have helped.
Roughan - 6 - part of his education, thought he held his own well against Hamilton but his half time withdrawal helped turn the match.
Bridcutt - 8 - bad mistake for the first goal but immaculate thereafter, bossed the midfield and 2 vital interceptions in the second half.
McGrandles - 7 - unsung hero in midfield, hard working, always available, tactical withdrawal helped win the game.
Jones - 8 - wins the ball and rarely wastes it, a key element of the good start to the season.
Grant - 8- 2 good penalties and corner for the winner, will rarely beat a man as a left winger but brings others into the game and becoming a leader.
Johnson - 8 - wow. Nightmare for the Blackpool defence, pace to burn, close control too, won 2 penalties, final ball not always there but he's here to learn and that will improve.
Hopper - 7.5 - hold up play, movement and linking with the runners all as we're now coming to expect. Maybe could have done better with chance early in 2nd half.

Edun - 8 - brought on to nullify Hamilton's pace, job done. Got forward well too, clever and composed, reminded us he's another gem to be polished.
Anderson -7- helped win and close out the game, 2020-21 version in evidence again.

Palmer 6 - Little to do, may have been disappointed with their first
Eyoma 6 - Slow start, better as he got used to pace of game.
Montsma 8 - Defended pretty well, his desire got us three points
Jackson 6 - Left in their wake at times, looked a bit tired.
Roughan 5.5 - Given a bit of a lesson but all part of the experience.
Bridcutt 7.5 - Paced himself early on, poor mistake, brilliant thereafter.
McGrandles 6.5 - Grafting, scrapping performance.
Jones 7- Gets the ball, passes it, makes himself available.
Grant 8 - Two goals, incredible confidence on the ball, dictated play.
Johnson 8 - Frightened the life out of them, skill and pace.
Hopper 6.5 - Created space for others, worked hard.

Edun 7 - Almost man marked Hamilton out of the game.
Anderson 7 - Confident, a danger from the moment he came on.

Another great team performance, disjointed at first but when it clicked we played some exceptional attacking football. Top of the League.

Palmer - 6.5
Eyoma - 7
Montsma - 7
Jackson - 6.5
Roughan - 6
Bridcutt - 7.5
McGrandles - 6.5
Jones - 6.5
Grant - 7
Johnson - 7
Hopper - 6.5

Edun - 7
Anderson - 7

Did you watch the match yesterday? Don't forget to post your ratings and comments!

Palmer 6.5
Eyoma 7.0
Roughan 6.0
Jackson 6.5
Montsma 6.5
Bridcutt 7.0
McGrandles 6.5
Jones 7.0
Grant 7.0
Johnson7.5
Hopper 7.0

Edun 7.0
Anderson 7.0

Attacks were generally better than defences, Johnson's extra class probably the difference between the teams. Introduction of Edun and Anderson improved us, which demonstrates the strength of our bench.

Palmer 6.0
Eyoma 6.0
Montsma 7.0
Jackson 6.5
Roughan 5.0
Bridcutt 7.5
McGrandles 6.0
Jones 6.5
Grant 7.5
Johnson 7.0
Hopper 6.5

Edun 6.5