Random famous faces at Sincil Bank | Page 2 | Vital Football

Random famous faces at Sincil Bank

The Rochdale chairman was Tommy Cannon of Cannon & Ball.

This has jogged my memory, many moons ago when the Imps were playing at Spotland, there was was a very late call to postpone the match due to a waterlogged pitch. Most folk just headed off however, YT truly and a few mates decided to stay in the Church Inn and have a few bevy's as it was route of least resistance. After a while Mr. Cannon and famed oppo tipped up. One of my mates who was worse wear took him out to the bowling green at the back of the pub and explained the pitch was perfectly playable. To his credit he took it all in good humour.

This has jogged my memory, many moons ago when the Imps were playing at Spotland, there was was a very late call to postpone the match due to a waterlogged pitch. Most folk just headed off however, YT truly and a few mates decided to stay in the Church Inn and have a few bevy's as it was route of least resistance. After a while Mr. Cannon and famed oppo tipped up. One of my mates who was worse wear took him out to the bowling green at the back of the pub and explained the pitch was perfectly playable. To his credit he took it all in good humour.

Remember arriving for that game, fairly late and close to kick off, thinking there's not many cars parked here, it's a bit quiet.....and after a brief word with someone through the car window, turning round and heading back home

Not really random as he was Chairman of the club at the time but I did get Elton John's autograph after we played Watford

Exchanged "hello"s with John Inverdale at a home match....but maybe he doesn't count

He worked on the Echo and then Radio Lincs in the early 80s....seem to think he lived in Saxilby then, so would have been around quite a bit.

What game did she come to watch?
Was she in the Railway End??

She was actually there to watch me (and several hundred other kids) dancing. As it peed down all day, she went off to open a bridge over the railway which needed opening. I was in the Railway End.