Ralf Fahrmann | Vital Football

Ralf Fahrmann

I guess he never stood a chance with the form of Krul . Having said that, it is undeniable that Webber’s dabbling in the loan transfer market has been an utter disaster with Roberts and Amadou desparate to leave long before the end of their loan deals just like Fahrmann. Webber’s permenant deals haven’t been much better , and I suggest that’s why we are bottom of the League as we are left to struggle on with a Championship squad

Team v Swansea on 09 March 2019 and team at Sheffield
on 07 March 2020
2019 / 2020
Krul.
Aarons.
Zimmerman. / Hanley.
Godfrey.
Lewis.
Mc Clean.
Trybull. / Tettey.
Buendia.
Stiepermann. / Duda.
Hernadez. / Cantwell.
Pukki.

A year on and in a far superior league the differences in team are 4 in number. 2 changes for players we already had here who were deemed not to be good enough for championship, 1 change for player already here who has taken to premier for an injured player and 1 change for a player who has not stepped up for a loan player who has hardly
been great.
After a year we have a first team choice of 10 same players and a loan player who will not be here next season.

As YB says its a championship team>

Limited risk and no long term financial outlay.
3 million euros and large wages on a sub keeper. I think not.
Could have got an experienced towards end of career keeper for free
and paid less wages over 2 years and kept the 3 million for a permanent
signing with some value.

Agree with that .... seems to me that Webber doesn’t really know what he is doing with these transfers and has wasted a huge amount of money in the process . not good enough IMO

I still think Roberts could have added something especially as Hernandez has been out.

If Krul gets an injury we are truly fucked.

Limited risk and no long term financial outlay.
3 million euros and large wages on a sub keeper. I think not.
Could have got an experienced towards end of career keeper for free
and paid less wages over 2 years and kept the 3 million for a permanent
signing with some value.
Like, say, Michael McGovern? 🤣

Like, say, Michael McGovern? 🤣

No. He was strangely given a new contract in addition to RF loan signing. My preference would have been to sign neither and look at an experienced keeper happy to be number 2 in premier league but able to play without any doubts. These are usually free signings ?
I wonder how much it has cost Sheffield United to loan Henderson ?

No. He was strangely given a new contract in addition to RF loan signing. My preference would have been to sign neither and look at an experienced keeper happy to be number 2 in premier league but able to play without any doubts. These are usually free signings ?
I wonder how much it has cost Sheffield United to loan Henderson ?
I think we both said this at the end of last season (in fact I know I was saying Krul needs replacing). I would have been happy to have let McGovern go and signed a free transfer player. Wasn't it reported that Joe Hart was being lined up and he came to the club but rejected the chance?

Henderson has been very good for Sheffield Utd but I wonder what will happen next season when he goes back to United. I guess for them they will be in the premiership so can go out and splash 10-15 million on a new GK.

I wonder if Gunn would want to come back again - his Southampton career hasn't been up to much (10 games all season) and their form improved once he was dropped.

I still think we should give Oxborough a chance to push for number 1 next season

When will he be ready? Out of contract in summer with year option. 22 this season. Others have given their young gksa go. I say he already to be s number 2 to Krul and the next season to move up. He'll want reassuring before signing a new deal too.

Also difficult to get a gk on loan who is happy to be a number 2 and clubs won't want that. If it's a youngsteron loan what's the point use our owm youngster .