Rafa is a **** | Vital Football

Rafa is a ****

The-realist67

Vital Youth Team
Just a quick reminder to everyone, that it is the general opinion of this forum that anyone prepared to work for Mike Ashley is a complete and utter **** and must be prepared to take it up the arse on a daily basis....just saying!

The-realist67 - 25/5/2016 19:22

Just a quick reminder to everyone, that it is the general opinion of this forum that anyone prepared to work for Mike Ashley is a complete and utter **** and must be prepared to take it up the arse on a daily basis....just saying!

It's not my opinion and to be fair on those that have said it, the Ashley policy nearly killed the club, so you can understand the anger at that time.

Im sure they'll be as quick as anyone else to appreciate a club that tries to be the best it can be. On that matter it's unproven but all the signposts seem to be in place.

Fair point that Realist. Rafa just committed career suicide, amazing what people will do for money.

CM - 25/5/2016 19:48

Fair point that Realist. Rafa just committed career suicide, amazing what people will do for money.

No he hasn't and people out of the area cant see it.

Sky for one are a disgrace in their coverage as it dictates a lot of peoples views and as this isn't about one of the sky 5 or teams that have a lucky season, it's open season on us.

12 months is a long time in football and just see where we are. I know we'll be in a much better place.

If people get their football views from Sky Sports, Talk Sport and The Sun they must be a daft cockney **** like CM.

The-realist67 - 25/5/2016 19:22

The difference being it isn't the manager taking it up the arse it's Ashley. Lets hope Rafa has a twelve inch cock and brays the fuck out of Ashley's shithole.

So..do we want the toon to do well or do we want them to crash and burn, I really don't know where all the Rafa positivity is coming from, he took us down you know!

Toon_NoMatterWot - 25/5/2016 19:56

Sky for one are a disgrace in their coverage as it dictates a lot of peoples views and as this isn't about one of the sky 5 or teams that have a lucky season, it's open season on us.

12 months is a long time in football and just see where we are. I know we'll be in a much better place.

It will be in his CV now that he was relegated while in charge of a Premiership side, unless he works a total miracle and he manages to get you straight back up in style which I can't see happening I can't see him getting many more huge clubs to manage again.Sold his soul basically, probably his last big pay check.

vin1892 - 25/5/2016 20:43

If people get their football views from Sky Sports, Talk Sport and The Sun they must be a daft cockney **** like CM.
i

I seldom watch Sky, far prefer live games, I don't listen to Talk Sport as all the Northern monkey accents annoy the fuck out of me, that's the ones that I can understand, and I don't read the Sun either Vin. My views on Raffa come from his results this season which were awful, and on him dropping down to a sub standard league compared to his usual standards, and all for personal monetary gain.

CM - 25/5/2016 22:37

Toon_NoMatterWot - 25/5/2016 19:56

It will be in his CV now that he was relegated while in charge of a Premiership side, unless he works a total miracle and he manages to get you straight back up in style which I can't see happening I can't see him getting many more huge clubs to manage again.Sold his soul basically, probably his last big pay check.

If anything his stock has risen. There would be very few 'world class' managers who have done what he has done and that is to actually drop a division in order to start a legacy.

He has also turned down other offers to do so and it's not about the cash.

Davie, stick around and you will bear witness to what a United city can achieve. Heck, it may even Unite us on this forum. :17:

Toony...Rafa may have been a world class manager but I haven't seen anything world class about his time in charge at the toon. I think a lot of folk are getting carried away on the back of the Spurs result, if we'd lost that game the whole situation would have been very different. The jury's still out for me!

The-realist67 - 25/5/2016 22:57

Toony...Rafa may have been a world class manager but I haven't seen anything world class about his time in charge at the toon. I think a lot of folk are getting carried away on the back of the Spurs result, if we'd lost that game the whole situation would have been very different. The jury's still out for me!

Who said his time here has been world class like?

Then again, a team that was dead on it's feet having had shit managers and even shitter tactics with no direction where the club wanted to be apart from 17th or above, to then find a purpose or buy into a vision.

A vision provided by Rafa.

Even greater still amidst talk of the diehards having already left attending St James' and us seriously concerned that the soul had been ripped away and never to return, we get a scenario that is nothing short of miraculous. Talk now centres on people clambering for tickets and wondering if the waiting list will come back. All this within 2 months or so.

Someone somewhere has sparked life back into the city and for that, id say it's world class.

Nice to see Rafa and, to a lesser extent, Charnley acknowledge the impact the supporters in the ground had in all of this. Wouldn't have happened without them, and doubtful it would have happened anywhere else.

I don't for one minute believe the bullshit about Rafa taking the job because of the supporters. He might say that in public but he's only massaging the egos of the `best supporters in the land'. Rafa has a huge ego himself and he's been looking for a project to get his teeth into and this opportunity arose. It's in England, a club with untapped potential and has the financial clout to make a go of it. The fans can wank themselves off all they like but they had little bearing on his decision in my opinion. It's just sentimental pish.

As for Ashley he's having to devote more of his time to Shit Direct whose turnover, profits and share value are all plummeting. He thought Charnley was a safe pair of hands but with the PL money gone he's been forced to rip is his model and cede control to a football man.

And as for Rafa failing. He inherited an unbalanced squad full of mercenaries, didn't have a transfer window in which he could make changes and also had the largest injury list in the PL. In his ten games he had Leicester, Spurs and Man City who all finished in the top four and some far from easy games against Liverpool, Sunderland and Southampton. If he had been given the job when Allardyce was given the mackem job there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the mackems would have been relegated. Fat Sham was saved by Charnley's ineptitude and it had fuck all to do with his managerial ability.

Realist - of course we all want what's best for NUFC. We want a winning team who have pride in the shirt and the City. Winning trophies for me is just a bonus, after all we won fuck all under Keegan or SBR but it was a pleasure to go and watch our football team. COYM

Spot on Vin
CM for someone who doesn't like northern monkeys, why do you come on a Newcastle forum, we have nothing in common with West Ham and aren't even in the same league?
As for Rafa he is the first decent manager since Keegan and if he gets the chance to run the club as he wants I am sure he will get NUFC in the P/L. I still wont go back until the fat **** fucks off but plenty will.

Class post that, Vin. For the first time in nine years, Ashleyhas a decent football man in charge. Who knows? With all of Ashley's chickens coming home to roost he may have tried to find a bit of personal salvation, though, frankly, I think in Ashley's case, it will always be about the money.

As for the fans who kept going. Sorry but this would all have happened a lot earlier if you had simply voted with your feet and withdrew your money. The empty seats would be an advertising double-whammy and been very effective on Ashley. I hold that as an absolute truth. Liverpool fans wanted change and they got it. It just works. There IS such a thing as bad publicity.

On a separate subject: is CM the same bloke as Cockney Magic? I seem to remember some positive football contributions from him. Shame, really, because with West Ham selling out their season tickets for next year and looking ahead positively (not back at the scenes at the last game at Upton Park {