Radio Lincs | Page 2 | Vital Football

Radio Lincs

tbf there is alot that could be done. The same guests seem to roll up every Friday. Why not get different people in, ex players for example going back to 75/76 and through the years to the present, where are they now etc. links between Lincoln / Boston / Gainsborough to keep every "Lincolnshire" fan happy. Anything is better than padding the show out on a Friday with the "Price is Right LCFC memorabilia". Infact, as I recall the music intro must have lasted longer than the comp (no prizes) itself which goes to show how much padding out there is.

tbf there is alot that could be done. The same guests seem to roll up every Friday. Why not get different people in, ex players for example going back to 75/76 and through the years to the present, where are they now etc. links between Lincoln / Boston / Gainsborough to keep every "Lincolnshire" fan happy. Anything is better than padding the show out on a Friday with the "Price is Right LCFC memorabilia". Infact, as I recall the music intro must have lasted longer than the comp (no prizes) itself which goes to show how much padding out there is.

For the Friday evening programme you are bob on, the guests are just a revolving door of the same. A better host IMHO would be Mark Hone.

The match day programmes on the other hand are pretty good.

Ah come on there's not much more they can do really.

Hortin has a passion for the club he reports on, which is more than can be said for the vast majority of commentators - you know his excitement is coming from a genuine place. He gets things wrong. We all do. He's not the best reporter in the world, but then Lincoln City aren't the best football team in the world either (the best club perhaps, but not the best team!).

He is genuine and his commentary isn't overblown like so many new era commentators. Far better than the schlock of Chris Kamara, for instance, who ironically has managed to build a career with the main selling point of being absolutely shit at his job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with the last two posters- H&G is a genuine, honest football programme which provides a good commentary on Imps games. Significantly more in tune with what most fans want than previous Radio Lincs efforts on Lincoln games.

Nothing will ever be perfect but it delivers what I like if I can't get to an away game.