Racism | Vital Football

Racism

pjones40

Vital Football Hero
Listening to Gary Neville, Ashley Cole and Souness on sky sports I think they are right. It's up to us as fans to point out these people before us as a club get labelled. I know it goes against most everything a lot of people believe to grass on someone but this has to be done. I did not hear anything myself but there are many families with young children at the ground . They are coming to have a good day out and for many young children this is the highlight of there year . Do we want to have them listen to this . I love this game and it has been good to me but I have played in matches and heard and been subjected to abuse its not fun and it does have an affect
Rant over

What football needs is one of the big tech companies to work with them to create an AI capability. It would require a mesh of microphones across the stadium working with the cameras to proactively detect different audio patterns e.g. monkey chanting. Every fan walking through the turnstile should know that they will be identified very quickly and legalities are a mere formality based on the proof.

My take on it is fans can't remove racism themselves, then they need to deal with the consequences of "big brother". All of the technology already exists. It just needs configuring for stadia.

Let's hope that Rudiger wouldn't do something like make it up because he was getting dog's abuse for his violent play?

Let's hope that Rudiger wouldn't do something like make it up because he was getting dog's abuse for his violent play?

I would hope not ex because that is bad . I was there yesterday and I never heard anything. I heard him get booed because of the incident with Son. Still I have been at stadiums and heard it . Something does need to be done.

I would hope not ex because that is bad . I was there yesterday and I never heard anything. I heard him get booed because of the incident with Son. Still I have been at stadiums and heard it . Something does need to be done.

I've got absolutely no qualms PJ at all about us rooting it out and taking the action that needs to be taken, but at the moment, I'm told that we are struggling to find any witnesses (and our crowd/fans just don't stay quiet about these things - ever), so it's just making me feel a tad cynical.

I wonder if he mistook the rightful abuse he was getting for his violent play for something else - could it be that simple?

I've got absolutely no qualms PJ at all about us rooting it out and taking the action that needs to be taken, but at the moment, I'm told that we are struggling to find any witnesses (and our crowd/fans just don't stay quiet about these things - ever), so it's just making me feel a tad cynical.

I wonder if he mistook the rightful abuse he was getting for his violent play for something else - could it be that simple?

I have heard the same . As I said no excuse for racism. If there is know evidence or know one heard anything then maybe he misheard something

I just hope football isn’t going to be taken over by rabid social justice warriors. Racism is childish and guaranteed to alienate you from society and your friends. Its given its power by reacting to it. Just ignore it and be thick skinned. Especially when your making a hundred grand a week and matey that just called you names will be down the food bank come January. Proper snowflake nonsense

Although I think it’s right and fair that Son is racially profiled as having a tendency to karate kick people. Var following him around waiting for him to hiyaaaa!

Apparantly the initial internal investigation can find no evidence of racist chanting or abuse. Be a turn up for the books if there wasn't any. Or it wasn't our fans.

Edit
Sorry. Missed the above. Just walked in and turned radio on and it was on.

... and if it turns out that there is no evidence of any racist abuse we should bloody well make a public statement to the fact. It's a tarnish on our club who work tirelessly in the community to combat such things. The media have been all over this today - not good for the image at all.

Apparantly the initial internal investigation can find no evidence of racist chanting or abuse. Be a turn up for the books if there wasn't any. Or it wasn't our fans.

Edit
Sorry. Missed the above. Just walked in and turned radio on and it was on.

It seems what I was told this morning was dead accurate.

That being the case, will we see action brought against Rudiger for making such nasty hateful spurious claims (if as I've been told there is absolutely no evidence of it whatsoever)?

Like f**k will they...

It seems what I was told this morning was dead accurate.

That being the case, will we see action brought against Rudiger for making such nasty hateful spurious claims (if as I've been told there is absolutely no evidence of it whatsoever)?

Like f**k will they...

If an individual slandered me by saying I had made racist remarks and I could prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the accusation was untrue I would be entitled to compensation under the law.
Not sure how this would work with an organisation making the same defence.
What I would LOVE to see is that the Chavs (and the FA and the PFA) accepting the evidence (if its true that there is none) and making a statement along the lines that 'whilst we abhor racism in the game , in this instance we see no evidence towards the player and thank Tottenham and their fans in their efforts to combat racism in the sport'
Never gonna happen either.