Racial abuse in the FA cup today. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Racial abuse in the FA cup today.

the complete failure of authority to properly pursue the killers
The opposite - the police were complicit in 'losing' evidence. Thank heavens there have been positive moves by the Met etc on that matter.
Glad about the Somerset arrests. They are hopefully a measure of our progress from initial reaction to official response and police action and all to general approval.
£3 x 6 opined that they walked because they were a goal down.

I have huge sympathy for her regarding Stephen Lawrence the treatment by Police at the time was disgusting and hopefully it seems at least the Police have at least tried to move forward these days.

As tragic the situation is and the effect it must have had on Doreen must be immense, I still don't think it quite gives her the right to have a 'free pass' on any subject, without being challenged, her comments must be incredibly insulting for firefighters who dealt with the Grenfell tragedy, perhaps already feeling guilty about not saving lives and probably still have nightmares about Grenfell tower until this day and beyond. Let alone being told you deliberately didn't save lives based on skin colour, that's disgusting in itself.

I do however, see the angle you're coming from JoGills.

Pretty sure we are on the same page regarding the comments themselves and the actions of the Fire Service. It shouldn't be necessary to even go into it but just for starters: how on earth would firefighters know the ethnicity of people trapped in a blaze. I don't see much point, or humanity in challenging her personally.

I lived close to a man, who had lost a son in an accident he suffered while serving in the RAF. He spent the rest of his life campaigning in vain for some kind of answer but lost his mind along the way and made ever more irrational claims. It would have been absurd to hold him to account, understanding was all councillors and his MP could offer and even that proved hopeless. I believe Doreen Lawrence is in a similar place.

I personally think she’s developed paranoia and who can blame her? Doesn’t make her comments right, but all things considered, it’s understandable that she has a lack of trust.