Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 169 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

I know a few ex Police. Most don't think rules apply to them, and all but one are a bit dopey.
I’ve read a couple of books on the UK’s attempted war on drugs and both books document how many police officers, especially in the MET were working with the gangs and in some circumstances actually dealing the drugs they confiscated.

Well well, as has been said, not just white people.
Fury as Labour MP Rupa Huq is recorded describing Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng as 'superficially' black at Labour conference event

Well well, as has been said, not just white people.
Fury as Labour MP Rupa Huq is recorded describing Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng as 'superficially' black at Labour conference event

It's odd that that idea persists, that black people aren't really black unless they are 'cappin' fools in da hood' and all that.

Even Biden was at it, telling black voters they weren't really black unless they voted for him.

One of my black friends in uni commented on it, saying that his black friends would tell him he was an Oreo Cookie if he didn't behave black enough in their opinion. I'd hope that the situation has changed over the past 25 years.

It's odd that that idea persists, that black people aren't really black unless they are 'cappin' fools in da hood' and all that.

Even Biden was at it, telling black voters they weren't really black unless they voted for him.

One of my black friends in uni commented on it, saying that his black friends would tell him he was an Oreo Cookie if he didn't behave black enough in their opinion. I'd hope that the situation has changed over the past 25 years.
It's impossible to break down prejudice. Every race has individuals and strongly held views they have individually and collectively held for generations. They emigrate and take the attitude with them. In some cases it becomes more strongly held due to siege mentality in a new country. Look at parts of our country, they have just recreated what they left behind. Maybe out of fear, maybe wanted a new life in a new country, but like their fellow countrymen. Many far more intelligent than I have spent many years trying to come up with a way forward, but we don't seem to be getting very far .

I've seen a handful of my non-white friends (mainly black and Indian) get called 'whitewashed' because they posted nice tributes about the Queen on their social medias when she died.

I've seen a handful of my non-white friends (mainly black and Indian) get called 'whitewashed' because they posted nice tributes about the Queen on their social medias when she died.
Black people call other black people coconuts. These are supposedly black people who want to be white.

There are proper channels for refugees, and if they aren't adequate then that is a separate discussion and the UN needs to be part of it.
I agree with this statement entirely. However, if we take the dictionary definition for what a refugee is, it is stated as "a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster." It is pretty clear that refugees are looking to be in a place of relative safety. So when they cross out of Turkey or North Africa into Europe they have escaped danger and are now safe and can claim refugee status. So why do a large number take on further unsafe travel across Europe to the Channel and then put their safety again in jeopardy to cross one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world in inflatable boats? We all the know the reasons - the UK is a soft touch and gives these 'refugees' all they ask for and more. Can someone please explain why they feel that they are refugees in Greece, Spain, Italy, France or Germany - are they still "a person who has been forced to leave that country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster."
Have a benefits system that replicates our European neighbours and you solve the problem of rubber dinghies in the Channel.

Have a benefits system that replicates our European neighbours and you solve the problem of rubber dinghies in the Channel.

Thank you, this is indeed a political problem and although social in nature it is not a race issue.

To fully agree with you and prove your point. Today as an immigrant I started to claim unemployment benefits due a resident*. I had to prove I had been employed and paying the private insurance for a period of some time previously. The benefits are time limited and are reasonable to live on with adjustment. Seemed fair enough to me.

At 10h in the morning there were more counselors there than claimants.

*residency comes with other requirements.