Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 114 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

There's also countless examples of people doing amazing work (with very limited resources) within communities to steer kids on the right path. We don't hear enough about it in the media.

And this is the best way to revolve the community problems. A 60 year old white haired politician is never going to be able to understand or even talk about the issues as candidly as the influencers in the community.

The systemic issues are what the politicians can influence though, not necessarily in a positive discriminatory way, but give companies or the police force or education leaders the resource or invest in subconscious bias training as one thing I bang on about. Over time, better wealth and prospects will change the social dynamics of the black community I’m sure.

For all the good of people in the community, I don’t know if there’s enough of it to make a difference. There could be, I don’t know one way or another. For all the hard work of a few minority, to eliminate gang violence you need guns and knives to be seen as severely as I would see them, not punishment toys.

We often hear black footballers talk about growing up in areas which football took them away from gangs. There must be more than can be done to use footballers as a role model to educate the youth of these areas who can be led into gangs.

The Black Lives Matter movement has been nominated for the 2021 Nobel peace prize for the way its call for systemic change has spread around the world.

In his nomination papers, the Norwegian MP Petter Eide said the movement had forced countries outside the US to grapple with racism within their own societies.

“I find that one of the key challenges we have seen in America, but also in Europe and Asia, is the kind of increasing conflict based on inequality,” Eide said. “Black Lives Matter has become a very important worldwide movement to fight racial injustice. They have had a tremendous achievement in raising global awareness and consciousness about racial injustice.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...er-nobel-peace-prize-petter-eide-norweigan-mp

On that, I'm massively torn. I see what Eide is trying to say in terms of 'outside the US' but it seems he has little to no understanding that the BLM movement outside of the US couldn't be more counterproductive to the US BLM movement and equality in general.

He's bandwagon jumping without knowing facts or doing the research and no doubt he's blindly watched a few twatbook clips and never bothered to read up on how they were cropped for effect.

For me this goes back to Kaeperneck (I've spelt that wrong) and the Pepsi with one of the Kardashian's - that movement I'm with 100%, peaceful etc. That drive deserves the recognition.....what we've seen that follows, especially UK outside of the US, why not give Trump a Nobel for seemingly staying faithful for 12 months?

I always thought the Nobel was about achieving, changing, proving something...this is one of those wibbles where I'm thinking where's mine for thinking Villa are the greatest team in the world if the bar is now that low.

The Black Lives Matter movement has been nominated for the 2021 Nobel peace prize for the way its call for systemic change has spread around the world.

In his nomination papers, the Norwegian MP Petter Eide said the movement had forced countries outside the US to grapple with racism within their own societies.

“I find that one of the key challenges we have seen in America, but also in Europe and Asia, is the kind of increasing conflict based on inequality,” Eide said. “Black Lives Matter has become a very important worldwide movement to fight racial injustice. They have had a tremendous achievement in raising global awareness and consciousness about racial injustice.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...er-nobel-peace-prize-petter-eide-norweigan-mp
The last thing i think about is peace when i think of BLM.

The last thing i think about is peace when i think of BLM.

I think that's a tricky one Col because out of an alleged 500,000 protests even 99% of them being peaceful means 5,000 didn't. Or even 99.9% means 500 weren't peaceful.

I've no proof of this but between ANTIFA and Agent Provocateurs (APs), I think thats where most of the damage and non-peaceful actions occurred. And I do believe you had ANTIFA and APs at the Capitol too so I am not trying to give them a free pass. You've always got the opportunists. My GF was still doing social work when this was going on and one of the kids she was working with said the gang leaders put them all in vans and had them go steal. It was a great to cover for things like that too.

A great movement and a great message but an organization that really needs some looking into.

And this is the best way to revolve the community problems. A 60 year old white haired politician is never going to be able to understand or even talk about the issues as candidly as the influencers in the community.

I dunno our MP is 73 years old John Spellar and he has been voted in for nearly 30 years and it's not all white people voting him in around here.

I think that's a tricky one Col because out of an alleged 500,000 protests even 99% of them being peaceful means 5,000 didn't. Or even 99.9% means 500 weren't peaceful.

I've no proof of this but between ANTIFA and Agent Provocateurs (APs), I think thats where most of the damage and non-peaceful actions occurred. And I do believe you had ANTIFA and APs at the Capitol too so I am not trying to give them a free pass. You've always got the opportunists. My GF was still doing social work when this was going on and one of the kids she was working with said the gang leaders put them all in vans and had them go steal. It was a great to cover for things like that too.

A great movement and a great message but an organization that really needs some looking into.

I'm confused as why the organization needs looking into. The overwhelming majority of their protests have been peaceful. There is no way to know for certain that their followers have turned into rioters. When protests are announced certain people will use them as an excuse to riot, loot and steal under the guise that they are "members of BLM". There isn't a uniform or a membership card needed to believe that Black Lives Matter, throwing out their message because some people have looted and rioted is quite literally throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Not one organization in the world has members who act, look, behave and believe all of the same things. There will always be bad actors in ANY organization, to think otherwise is naive.

Look at part of their mission statement (taken from their website) We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise. How on earth could anyone have a problem with that? Honestly, I'd like to know. Yes black on black crime exists, so does white on white crime. It's all part of the problem, what they are asking for with this part of their statement is for black men, women and children not be killed while getting out of their car in their own garage because someone called in a noise complaint, to not be killed while jogging in their own neighborhood, to not be killed while playing with a toy gun in a park, to not be killed while walking through their neighborhood after dark with a hoodie on, to not be killed during a routine traffic stop, I could go on and on and on.

I have realized that white privilege is real, I no longer want to say I don't see color or I'm color blind. I want to acknowledge that I do have a step up in the world just because I have less melanin in my skin and want to learn how to be a better ally, supporter to the black and brown people of the world. All of this is coming from my point of view as a 45 year old white American woman. Watching the coverage of the George Floyd protests this summer with my daughters and them asking me why he was killed by the police over a fake $20 bill and the bad man who shot up the church here in Charleston was taken to Burger King on his way to jail wasn't hit me hard. They were six at the time. They asked why some people treat black and brown people differently just because of the color of their skin and I didn't have an answer. They wanted to march for their friends and asked if we could, we didn't because of COVID but when it is safe to march, go to protests we will be there.

I'm confused as why the organization needs looking into. The overwhelming majority of their protests have been peaceful. There is no way to know for certain that their followers have turned into rioters. When protests are announced certain people will use them as an excuse to riot, loot and steal under the guise that they are "members of BLM". There isn't a uniform or a membership card needed to believe that Black Lives Matter, throwing out their message because some people have looted and rioted is quite literally throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Not one organization in the world has members who act, look, behave and believe all of the same things. There will always be bad actors in ANY organization, to think otherwise is naive.

Look at part of their mission statement (taken from their website) We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise. How on earth could anyone have a problem with that? Honestly, I'd like to know. Yes black on black crime exists, so does white on white crime. It's all part of the problem, what they are asking for with this part of their statement is for black men, women and children not be killed while getting out of their car in their own garage because someone called in a noise complaint, to not be killed while jogging in their own neighborhood, to not be killed while playing with a toy gun in a park, to not be killed while walking through their neighborhood after dark with a hoodie on, to not be killed during a routine traffic stop, I could go on and on and on.

I have realized that white privilege is real, I no longer want to say I don't see color or I'm color blind. I want to acknowledge that I do have a step up in the world just because I have less melanin in my skin and want to learn how to be a better ally, supporter to the black and brown people of the world. All of this is coming from my point of view as a 45 year old white American woman. Watching the coverage of the George Floyd protests this summer with my daughters and them asking me why he was killed by the police over a fake $20 bill and the bad man who shot up the church here in Charleston was taken to Burger King on his way to jail wasn't hit me hard. They were six at the time. They asked why some people treat black and brown people differently just because of the color of their skin and I didn't have an answer. They wanted to march for their friends and asked if we could, we didn't because of COVID but when it is safe to march, go to protests we will be there.

Agrees with you Siggy. Those protests were infiltrated by the likes of the proud boys and other troublemakers to make BLM look bad

Agrees with you Siggy. Those protests were infiltrated by the likes of the proud boys and other troublemakers to make BLM look bad
Really? Same theory for the far right have that Antifa infiltrated the Capitol riot then.
Or is it only the far right that infiltrate?

Funny, we dont have proud boys in Bristol do we? Or in London?
And im sure our far right groups are white?
So not sure who the black people were destroying statues and defacing our history?
Or was it the far right with good make up?

Edit. I dont know or believe Antifa infiltrated. Just making a point. You cant jump to the point far right infiltrate riots yet the far left dont. And vise versa.

We don't have proud boys no as that's a U.S group who infiltrate.

If you look at the crowds in Bristol and other here they were a very mixed protest as there was a hell of alot of white people there.

Also whilst there was some trouble at these it was nothing like the U S as they were largely peaceful protests

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52954305

If you look at the crowds in Bristol and other here they were a very mixed protest as there was a hell of alot of white people there.

Also whilst there was some trouble at these it was nothing like the U S as they were largely peaceful protests

Largely peaceful? Where the police had to run off. Hahahahahahaha.
And your quoting BBC.... when we are told daily on here not to listen to Main stream media.

Strange this point. When a point is made against the left and backed up by news then its propoganda and not to listen.
But the same news outlets are legit when backing the left.
Twitter is the new legit resource for pro left anti right.
Comical

No one mentioned the Antifa riots in Portland earlier this week?
Let me guess. Proud boys in disguise again.

Alot of white people are extreme left who protest WITH BLM. Just because they are white doesnt mean they are opposition.

Really? Same theory for the far right have that Antifa infiltrated the Capitol riot then.
Or is it only the far right that infiltrate?

Funny, we dont have proud boys in Bristol do we? Or in London?
And im sure our far right groups are white?
So not sure who the black people were destroying statues and defacing our history?
Or was it the far right with good make up?

Edit. I dont know or believe Antifa infiltrated. Just making a point. You cant jump to the point far right infiltrate riots yet the far left dont. And vise versa.

The groups that attacked the capitol were qAnon followers and known Proud Boys. There are billboards nationwide wanting information on anyone who was there. The entire siege was recorded and facial recognition has IDed many of them and family members and friends have IDed others. None of the people who were arrested were associated with ANTIFA only QAnon and the Proud Boys. As I said before I can only speak of what has happened here, forgive me for not following news outside of the US while my country’s democracy was under siege.

it was ANTIFA that broke into the Democratic Parties offices in Portland. One of my best friends lives there and it has been a war zone for over six months. In 2019 there were 19 known hate groups in Oregon including 3 chapters of the Proud Boys, the KKK and others. Of those 19 only one was associated with Black people the Black Riders Liberation Party, the rest are racist skinheads, anti immigrant, white nationalists, anti LGBTQ and general hate groups. None are associated with ANTIFA. https://www.splcenter.org/states/oregon

The groups that attacked the capitol were qAnon followers and known Proud Boys. There are billboards nationwide wanting information on anyone who was there. The entire siege was recorded and facial recognition has IDed many of them and family members and friends have IDed others. None of the people who were arrested were associated with ANTIFA only QAnon and the Proud Boys. As I said before I can only speak of what has happened here, forgive me for not following news outside of the US while my country’s democracy was under siege.

it was ANTIFA that broke into the Democratic Parties offices in Portland. One of my best friends lives there and it has been a war zone for over six months. In 2019 there were 19 known hate groups in Oregon including 3 chapters of the Proud Boys, the KKK and others. Of those 19 only one was associated with Black people the Black Riders Liberation Party, the rest are racist skinheads, anti immigrant, white nationalists, anti LGBTQ and general hate groups. None are associated with ANTIFA. https://www.splcenter.org/states/oregon
Did you not read my post? Yeah ok your probably right. Right wing assault... not infiltrated by the left.
What my point was....... was that as soon as its a lefty assault all of a sudden its infiltrated by the right.
Which again in nonsense. Absolute nonsense.
The right cause problems... eg YOUR democracy.
The left cause problems.
Even if they are 'infiltrated' it would still only be a very small percentage.

Just ridiculous how the far right do something wrong and its all their fault.

The far left do something wrong and its the far right pretending to be far left.

That is ridiculous.

Forgive my lack of USA politics as i feel MY countries history is under siege.