Race for Europe | Vital Football

Race for Europe

crooktownmags

Vital Squad Member
We could do with Chelsea losing their game in hand tonight. I can't remember the last time I hoped Spurs win a game of football.

Spurs have completely shat themselves in the race. It's mathematically possible and I think it's probable they won't qualify for Europe at all. They have Liverpool next and still have to play man City. If man utd beat us I think they'll get it. Chelsea I think will miss out but I called them to finish above us. Hope I'm wrong hate the bastards

We've hit form at just the right time or is it a case of our injuries clearing allowing us to play our proper squad game? I know what answer I would give here because ive been saying it all season.

As it is and maybe against all odds considering the injuries, we find ourselves right in the mix for a European place and in being so, we're in a race with three other teams.

We can't finish any lower than 8th at present and finishing in the top 7 sees European football return. Football that would bring a Thursday - Sunday game week for a large part of the season although I think with experience and better know how, I reckon we'll be much better prepared a second time out under Eddie Howe.

The teams involved in this 4 horse race are Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea and us with the momentum seemingly being with us and Chelsea at present although things change quickly in football.

Currently the 4 of us are separated by 6 points with Man Utd and their game in hand seeing them sit on 54 points with Spurs there in 5th with 60 points. Man Utd's game in hand is away to Crystal Palace tonight but the massive game changer is their home game to us next Wednesday in which I see the loser finishing 8th. It really seems a winner takes all game at present but as i said before, things can quickly change in football.

As it is and for those with squeaky arses, here is the run in:

Spurs - current 60 points - Games left: Burnley (H), Man City (H), Sheff Utd (A)

NUFC - current 56 points - Games left: Brighton (H), Man Utd (A), Brentford (A)

Chelsea - current 54 points - Games left: Notts Forest (A), Brighton (A), Bournemouth (H)

Man Utd - current 54 points - Games left: Crystal Palace (A), Arsenal (H), NUFC (H), Brighton (A)

On paper Man Utd's run in seems harder but I again point to their game against us and maybe a point there wont be that bad a result for us but a win would surely be enough in our task ahead.

Too close to call really.

Listen to the media and its between Chelsea and Mam U for 6th spot. Last 5 games Chelsea have accrued 7 points and we have taken 12. It's ours to throw away

Merged my thread into this one as for some unbeknown reason, I missed this, even though Ive read it.

Old age. Got to be even though im not.............

Looks like it might go to the wire. It really is a coin toss. A lot will hinge on our result at man utd but hopefully we've enough points on board to play without pressure. Can't look past Saturday either. 3 Cup finals lads. My head is saying no to Europe but I can't help but want us to win the race because I hate the other 2 *****. Good season regardless given the circumstances. We've had some brilliant results this season considering we've went most season with half a squad.

Another point worth noting is that we were put out of the champions league by the finalists and potential winners with psg also in the semis. Would love to see dortmund win it now

Just have to wait and see, topsy turvy results lately. wins against Brighton and Brentford should see us in Europe, which I did not expect.
Look forward to the appointment of Ashworth's replacement.

Cant knock our attacking play this season we've scored loads despite being light up front. Defending has let us down at times but we've never really had our full strength defence this season. Trippier can't have much more than a year or 2 left at this level surely.