R.I.P | Page 2 | Vital Football

R.I.P

This is the Facebook page of a Dutch lad that was also on board the aircraft, he away on holidays with his GF. His last FB post was a photograph of the aircraft just before he boarded and he wrote that if it goes missing this is what they have to look for. RIP .

https://www.facebook.com/cor.pan.7?fref=photo

Tragic. Condolences to all involved with them.

And i agree with above statement regarding the club, it was a classy statement and i'm sure they will pay their respects when the season starts, perhaps even a rememberence plaque somewhere at the ground? It would be appropriate.

No doubt some of you on here have referred to people like this as the wonga brigade in recent months, i would think twice about using that phrase again.. True supporters are just ordinary blokes like you and me.. And that could have been any of us on that flight.

RIP lads..

And i agree with above statement regarding the club, it was a classy statement and i'm sure they will pay their respects when the season starts, perhaps even a rememberence plaque somewhere at the ground? It would be appropriate.

No doubt some of you on here have referred to people like this as the wonga brigade in recent months, i would think twice about using that phrase again.. True supporters are just ordinary blokes like you and me.. And that could have been any of us on that flight.

RIP lads..

Odin - 18/7/2014 14:28

RIP lads..

Spot on.

It would be nice to think that from this tragedy the club will begin to understand their responsibiity to the local
community and invite the local paper back into the fold and reinstate the NUST to the fans forum. A perfect opportunity to build bridges but I'll not hold my breath.

We're Newcastle United, except in recent years we've been anything but united.

We have some of the best fans on the planet, an owner who we can't work out and a manager who should think before he opens his gob.

Is it the end of the world? No of course it isn't.. I think we have an opportunity to come together for the first time in years in marking respect to those poor souls. I'm hoping it's a lasting togetherness.

Life is too short lads, lets stop all the bickering, it does no good and there is far bigger things in life to get worked up over.

Time to turn the page and start fresh.. If we are united we can achieve anything.

We have some of the best fans on the planet, an owner who we can't work out and a manager who should think before he opens his gob.

Is it the end of the world? No of course it isn't.. I think we have an opportunity to come together for the first time in years in marking respect to those poor souls. I'm hoping it's a lasting togetherness.

Life is too short lads, lets stop all the bickering, it does no good and there is far bigger things in life to get worked up over.

Time to turn the page and start fresh.. If we are united we can achieve anything.

If we are united?

You mean the two dozen or so on this board?

We're not going to change anything, it's the vast majority who have to change.

Anyone going into the ground is on the wrong side, that's my view, and i won't be joining with any of them.

I invite them to join me in stopping away, works both ways.

I'm sorry but the club will do none of the things people are hoping for . It's still the same people running it. I don't doubt they will have held a meeting at the highest level to see how they can spin this to build more positive p.r. on the back of those well received signings .

As sad as it may seem and without being disrespectful to John Alder and Liam Sweeney's families their deaths have changed nothing in respect to how I view those in charge at St James'. Ashley and co have exploited and continue to exploit Newcastle United's greatest strength, it's fans and made it it's greatest weakness.

Rip Liam and John.

I am happy enough to have this discussion but think it should be on another thread. We should save this for condolences IMO. Admins?

Aye good point.

I didn't want to be part of an argument on this thread, i simply wanted to make a point that many of the people some on this board are saying is the problem are good people like the two lads who lost their lives.

This isn't about point scoring.. I just think life is too short for biterness.

Very sad indeed. Glad to see their families or certainly family of the younger lad keeping their dignity despite Scousers mocking them on twitter.

just read that the father of one of the guys learned about his death on a forum
thats a tough way to be hit in the face with such bad news. really sad
wish them all the best through such a tough time R.I.P.

Really sad news. I didn't know the lads, but would like to offer my deepest condolences to their families.

From a Leeds United Fan, heart felt condolences to their families and friends, and to all aboard the plane.
Having lost two of our own, who followed our team to Turkey, never to return, we understand how it feels.