Quickly Kevin Podcast - Joe Wilkinson | Page 2 | Vital Football

Quickly Kevin Podcast - Joe Wilkinson

Well lets hope so. Anyone ever seen him at a game?

He sits two rows in front of me in the Medway stand, nice bloke but I'll be moving seats next season as I'm sick of getting my view of the game disrupted by fans asking him for selfies, and young girls screaming " OH MY DAYS!! ITS DOUGLAS HODGE!!! " That's the price of fame I suppose.

So we have this geezer (allegedly), Joe Wilkinson, Mr Maker and Oz Clarke as "celebrity" Gills fans. Any others that are still alive?

So we have this geezer (allegedly), Joe Wilkinson, Mr Maker and Oz Clarke as "celebrity" Gills fans. Any others that are still alive?

What about the famous musical connections?

Rick Waller, and of course, your good self Mr Herr........

I have finally contracted COVID this week so have taken to my bed a fair bit, where I have often been listening to Talksport on the Radio.

On Wednesday afternoon on the H & J show, they were talking to a comic called David Earl who has worked with Ricky Gervais in shows like Extras, Derek and After Life.

The reason for the interview was that he is the scriptwriter for a new film called Brian and Charles that is out in the Cinema shortly.

The football angle was that after being a Manure fan since childhood, he has moved to Devon and has changed allegiance after starting to go to Exeter games.

Anyway, he kept referring to a podcast he does with someone called Joe who is a big Gillingham fan, so they have a lot of lower league banter.

It turns out that it is Joe Wilkinson and I have found the podcasts on YouTube under the name gossipmongers. I have listened to one which is very funny but the football was not mentioned.

May be of interest if you find you like their brand of comedy.

I have finally contracted COVID this week so have taken to my bed a fair bit, where I have often been listening to Talksport on the Radio.

On Wednesday afternoon on the H & J show, they were talking to a comic called David Earl who has worked with Ricky Gervais in shows like Extras, Derek and After Life.

The reason for the interview was that he is the scriptwriter for a new film called Brian and Charles that is out in the Cinema shortly.

The football angle was that after being a Manure fan since childhood, he has moved to Devon and has changed allegiance after starting to go to Exeter games.

Anyway, he kept referring to a podcast he does with someone called Joe who is a big Gillingham fan, so they have a lot of lower league banter.

It turns out that it is Joe Wilkinson and I have found the podcasts on YouTube under the name gossipmongers. I have listened to one which is very funny but the football was not mentioned.

May be of interest if you find you like their brand of comedy.

I saw David Earle play Brian Gittins (the character in Afterlife ) at The Beacon Court about 15 years ago. Me and a couple of mates popped along on the off chance and he was very funny.

Some of them at least go to games. I’ve seen Joe Wilkinson in the pub before games.

I’m sure I’ve seen Oz Clarke at a pre-season friendly or two. Not to mention who remembers that episode of his wine programme when he had the likes of Carl Asaba and Iffy Onuoura on, and trying to sound like they know something about wine! Or on James May’s show when he’s in a Gills scarf in a spitfire pouring a Shepherd Neame beer over the Kent countryside below!

Sir David Frost was meant to be an Arsenal fan with a fondness for us.