Quick question | Vital Football

Quick question

Barney2004

Vital 1st Team Regular
Serious answers only - as this is a question to do with my work.

Is co-codamol classed as a class B drug?

tried looking on google but can't find anything.

cheers mate - just done an interview and on the DBS (CRB) is said possession of a classB drug , which she then went on to tell me it was co-codamol.

Just popped into boots and asked the pharmacist and he said it isn't even a controlled drug lol.

You can buy co codamol over the counter.

I have to do crb's for my job. She would have been arrested and charged if its on a crb. She will have a criminal record. with class b... so your looking at speed maybe?

I know people who work in schools who have items on their crbs. Depends how long ago etc. The head of btec science at our school has a record for gbh!!!!!!!!!

I don't employ anyone with any drugs on their CRB mate.

She said she worked in a hospital and her ex husband worked there too and he planted co-codamol in her bag. And whe she got caught she got done for possecion of a classB drug. But now I know that that's a load of bolocks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drugs_controlled_by_the_UK_Misuse_of_Drugs_Act#Class_B_drugs

codeine is in the class b list BUT legal without prescription in quantities of up to 12.8 mg when in tablet form as Nurofen Plus®

Barney2004 - 18/2/2015 12:34

stuck with what to do with her

Don't employ her, as she is clearly a liar and hoped you would fall for it. Cocodamal is as everyone as said, unfortunately an over the counter drug too.

When we got the diagnosis of my son bipolar he had taken a staggered overdose of cocodamol hence. It is a slow killer. It doesn't kill you straightforward if your not found in time. It slowly kills you.

Found this out obviously when we rushed hi to hospital, to cut a long story short

nothing unfortunate about it. All drugs taken in the right amounts can kill, they can't stop them all being sold. No matter how sad the stories are of suicides from things like that and paracetamol etc.

Everyone makes mistakes though surely? If i got caught for every mistake i made i would never get a job.... and im sure that goes.for most on here who i am sure are all good people.

Heath would be a good person to consult.

on certain things col you're right. But not with being in possession of a class B drug. Not in this industry. No one would take her anyway when I send her DBS over.

I have a criminal record for a drugs conviction (caught at a music festival with class A) from 8 years ago now...still haunts me.

Was totally honest with my work (banker) and they agreed to keep me on. Basically said "you've always been a model employee, your only mistake was getting caught. What you do in your own time is your own business", he was Dutch though and had a son the same age and with same recreational habit.

Want to go and live in New Zealand aswell, cant believe something I did when was 25 might hamper that