Quick Preview - Millers v Swansea | Vital Football

Quick Preview - Millers v Swansea

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
A quick look at tomorrow's game

Team news... (5-4-1)
Unchanged... including naming only seven subs!

Johansson, Peltier, Odoffin, Humphreys, Revan, Bramall, Rinomhota Cafu, Rathbone , Clucas, Nombe

Subs - Phillips, Seriki, Ferguson, Appiah, Eaves, Wyke, Hatton

FT : Swans 1 Millers 0
Another failure to score... Even Bristol Rovers have scored today!

Last edited:
Team news... (5-4-1)
Unchanged... including naming only seven subs!

Johansson, Peltier, Odoffin, Humphreys, Revan, Bramall, Rinomhota Cafu, Rathbone , Clucas, Nombe

Subs - Phillips, Seriki, Ferguson, Appiah, Eaves, Wyke, Hatton

FT : Swans 1 Millers 0
Another failure to score... Even Bristol Rovers have scored today!
I no longer know what to say. I suspect our chairman is a clown and our manager is a muppet but lots of Millers disagree.

Last edited:
I don’t think we have the infrastructure or money to compete at this level. I can live with that. I’ve also arrived at the view that I don’t have confidence in Leam Richardson. I hear the same tripe from him twice a week. I understand that he inherited a bit of a mess. But whatever excuses he makes, these players have potential to do more than roll up and play/hope for a goalless draw every game. That seems to be the limit of our ambition. I see nothing to give me any clue how we are ever going to score a goal. No recognisable style. No character. After a season like this one the supporters need something to hang on to give us faith that next season might be better. I honestly don’t have any confidence that this fella can rebuild us. Warney managed it with far from the biggest budget in league one by creating a togetherness and spirit. Love him or hate him, he has some charisma and is a bit of a character. I just don’t see it in Richardson. I’m not optimistic for next season at all. I hope I’m wrong.

Anyone who thinks that next season a beautiful butterfly will emerge from LR's cocoon will I suspect be disappointed. Wigan fans appreciate what he did but most would not want him back because of the style of play and his reluctance to give young players a chance. Besides, his success at Wigan came with a big caveat as stated by a fan on their forum;
"We massively overspent on wages which caused the previous owners to fail to pay them on time and ultimately lead to an eight point deduction this season and a transfer embargo.
Leam did a magnificent job and I will be eternally grateful for that but let's not erase history, we bought the L1 title by outspending the rest of the division and are now paying the cost of that.
I hope it comes good for him at Rotherham, but I doubt he will ever have the financial clout that he had with Talal, Brannigan and Al Jasmi."

I am quite sure while Tony Stewart holds the purse strings there will be no overspending - we have to be grateful for that it a lot of ways. It also means we can go up - and down - on our own merit. No getting in 'good' players on expensive wages so no EFL giving us points deductions.

I am quite sure while Tony Stewart holds the purse strings there will be no overspending - we have to be grateful for that it a lot of ways. It also means we can go up - and down - on our own merit. No getting in 'good' players on expensive wages so no EFL giving us points deductions.
Yes, Caz, but we have probably lost around £9m in turnover and depending on the terms of their contracts we could be stuck with a couple of non-scoring forwards on good money.