Quick Preview - Millers v Robins | Vital Football

Quick Preview - Millers v Robins

SE suggests a 'surprise' at Bristol in an effort to secure a first away win. Intriguing. Room for action constrained a bit I'd think by injuries. Nombe, Ayres up front with Hatton just behind? Can Ayres be picked? Oh, well not long to find out.

27/04/24

Limping to the end of the season... :rolleyes:

Team news (4-4-2?)

Phillips, Peltier, Humphreys, Odoffin, Revan, Appiah, Rinomhota, Rathbone (C) , Bramall, Eaves, Hugill

Subs - Johansson, Ford, Hall, Seriki, Nombe, Hatton
Only six subs named, even less than usual! (Two are keepers, and is Hall even fit to play?)

Update...
FT : Bristol C. 2 Millers 0

Same old stuff . As predicted, the "New manager bounce" finished after an hour's play last Saturday. Hatton brought on as sub after 88 mins. All we are saying is... "Give us a goal!"

Last edited:
Am I missing something? The prodigal son promised a 'surprise'. The only surprise is that I sort of half expected something. I now think this is all a big p*ss-take. Arkwright has bought Granville a new bike - well it was second hand but nearly new - but the budget won't stretch to a delivery van. Mediocrity next season obscured by smoke and mirrors. Viktor, Ollie, Haks, Cam, don't believe these muppets - go and sign for a decent club. At least by giving Hatton 35 seconds more than LR Evans proved his committment to youth. Eaves, Hugill, Appiah with Haks for me played out of position we fielded a team that might on a good day have scored against my granddaughter's nursery second eleven.

Last edited:
Am I missing something?

The prodigal son promised a 'surprise'. The only surprise is that I sort of half expected something. I now think this is all a big p*ss-take. . Mediocrity next season obscured by smoke and mirrors. Viktor, Ollie, Haks, Cam, don't believe these muppets - go and sign for a decent club.
No Lindum you’re not missing anything….
I do agree this season has been an absolute p*zz-take.
Been to Ashton Gate and credit to the 436 Millers supporters .
The less said about the match the better.
Nothing there….
Seen much better League 1 & 2 matches.

6 subs on the bench including 2 academy lads , 2 goalkeepers on the bench sums up our CRAP SEASON.

We are a "Bristol Rovers Nil" Mark II for obvious reasons. Nearly all the players signed by Matt Taylor need to be off-loaded... but who will want them?
Agreed, Mike. But our problems go much deeper. SE is to present 'a document' to the board next week. I have heard he is unhappy about many aspects of the club. But resolution will require changes in personnel, facilities, structures and above all investment. LR wasn't simply blowing smoke when he constantly grumbled about these things. My view is that the chairman will fudge and we'll have a make-do and mend approach.

I'm not surprised that SE Is unhappy about many aspects of the club - so am I! I also think that LR was correct about several things too, but he seemed to be lacking ideas tactically, and unable to motivate the players. Regarding the training ground - if it is improved, but we keep siging players with previous bad injury records, it won't make any difference. You would have thought that after many years of signing crocks, somebody at RUFC might realise that it's not "cost-effective".

Last edited:
Am I missing something? The prodigal son promised a 'surprise'. The only surprise is that I sort of half expected something. I now think this is all a big p*ss-take. Arkwright has bought Granville a new bike - well it was second hand but nearly new - but the budget won't stretch to a delivery van. Mediocrity next season obscured by smoke and mirrors. Viktor, Ollie, Haks, Cam, don't believe these muppets - go and sign for a decent club. At least by giving Hatton 35 seconds more than LR Evans proved his committment to youth. Eaves, Hugill, Appiah with Haks for me played out of position we fielded a team that might on a good day have scored against my granddaughter's nursery second eleven.
I wouldn't judge too much on these 3 games. Summer is when the real work begins.