Queen’s Head Update... | Vital Football

Queen’s Head Update...

It's official. The Queen's Head is DOWN Maidstone Road

According to Google maps it takes just 20 minutes to walk from the Queen's Head to where it joins Rainham High Street. It is 23 minutes to get to the top where it becomes "The Street" on its way to Bredhurst.

Hence it is more down than up.

According to Google maps it takes just 20 minutes to walk from the Queen's Head to where it joins Rainham High Street. It is 23 minutes to get to the top where it becomes "The Street" on its way to Bredhurst.

High Street? High Street? It's the top road, man. I'm sorry. Immediate disqualification.

So, 20 down, 23 up?

It’s not halfway up or down then. How could we all be sooooo wrong?

Unless it is exactly half way, but the wonderful effects of gravity ensures it takes 3 mins longer to get up to the top? Carry on.

Good call OSK. Quite right. At least I can say I was right about the DOWN bit; it's more down than up.

Perhaps we should cut out the "half way" description and just stick to DOWN.

Sorry LSB2.

Good call OSK. Quite right. At least I can say I was right about the DOWN bit; it's more down than up.

Sorry LSB2.

But surely that would make your sauce run?

Sorry LSB2.

It's quicker because you're going downhill. I just got a cab from the Queen's Head, and it only took five minutes going up the hill. Last week the driver went downhill, and that took 4:59. The driver kept to the speed limit both times, 30MPH. So it's quicker going up hill if you're going from the station, proving that The Queen's Head is half way up Maidstone Road.
Sorry Nobby, blame 58 for being an argumentative old tart! :-)

It's quicker because you're going downhill. I just got a cab from the Queen's Head, and it only took five minutes going up the hill. Last week the driver went downhill, and that took 4:59. The driver kept to the speed limit both times, 30MPH. So it's quicker going up hill if you're going from the station, proving that The Queen's Head is half way up Maidstone Road.
Sorry Nobby, blame 58 for being an argumentative old tart! :-)
But the same physics would apply for a taxi journey from the Queen's Head up to the top where it becomes 'The Street' and back down.

You are now acting like a Remainer.
Just accept when you are beaten.
:-)