Que Sera Sera | Vital Football

Que Sera Sera

Gratzimp

Vital Squad Member
"Whatever, will be, will be. The future's not ours to see, Que Sera Sera". So sang Doris Day. Well that got me thinking, that and a phone call from my Posh supporting mate to say O'Hara had signed for us.
We got onto the subject of managers, after him venting his spleen over Steve Evans, and how wrong he was at the start of the season how fantastic it would be for Posh, but now after Luton after 30 odd years he is giving up going to support his beloved Posh. Anyway I digress. Yes managers.
I said to him if we got promotion and were stable in League 1, pushing for the Championship, and the worst happened with the Cowleys leaving for West Ham, just who is there that could replace them. Who could take over and push us on or keep us up. I could (worryingly) think of nobody. No one could.
But then he came out with
"I know exactly who, and he lives in Lincolnshire, good experience at a higher level, it WILL be Darren Ferguson "
Hmmmmmm thoughts?

No may be he doesn't bear any thoughts, but surely when the Cowleys do eventually move on, there must be some one out there, of a similar quality that can take the mantle. But at the moment, for the life of me I can't think who. Personally, I wouldn't want DF either, it was just a name my Posh mate came out with.
The thoughts quote, was to try and generate some discussion on who may be available, and who we would want, when the worst happens.

I think a lot will change between now and then so there isn’t too much point in discussing it. I’d want a manager on the up - something you can’t choose 2 years before the time.

I think a lot will change between now and then so there isn’t too much point in discussing it. I’d want a manager on the up - something you can’t choose 2 years before the time.
Good response, time to reload this thread in a couple of years.

Good shout, as long as he stays with us in coaching role, he will learn from Cowleys, and better still know the club inside out. Yes very good shout indeed westbanker
Personally not heared him speak on anything yet but you could well be right.

There is something to be said for promoting from within and there is room for McCombe, Frecks, or O'Connor to step across the touchline over the next few years. In fact let's make it 5 or 6 years, just to give them time to bed in and then we can let the Cowleys out of the cellar and release them back into the wild.

I imagine whoever it is, is probably already on a shortlist of 3/4 that the board are keeping an eye on. It would be foolish to be enjoying the ride of LCFC without realising that not only are we a feeder club for players, but managers also. When the Cowleys do eventually leave (and I don’t think it will be for a while yet) the board will I’m sure know who they’re after.

There’s plenty of options out there... McCombe, Ainsworth and Mad Barry, Simon Weaver...

Ferguson....? Er, no.

I imagine whoever it is, is probably already on a shortlist of 3/4 that the board are keeping an eye on. It would be foolish to be enjoying the ride of LCFC without realising that not only are we a feeder club for players, but managers also. When the Cowleys do eventually leave (and I don’t think it will be for a while yet) the board will I’m sure know who they’re after.

There’s plenty of options out there... McCombe, Ainsworth and Mad Barry, Simon Weaver...

Ferguson....? Er, no.
Mad Barry ! Brilliant???????????

Ferguson....? Er, no.
Having watched Ainsworth Wycombe at the Bank last time out it would be a big no from me, I'd prefer to remember him as a well respected player.