Quarter of the season gone | Vital Football

Quarter of the season gone

Skip155

Vital Champions League
So in the blink of an eye a quarter of the season gone (for us if not the league). A turbulent period for us and league one. Crazy. In reality bottom third I guess. Hopefully build from here.

786C60E7-BAEE-4211-926D-82D9FE47A358.jpeg

Those first three wins are looking very precious now.
Again last night noticeable how our opposition cling on to the points when they are offered up, regardless of whether they are at home or away. (Apart from Oxford)

Still 11th after todays matches. Would have been delighted with that position by now when the season kicked off.

Yes if we finish in that place it will be something to be proud of

We don’t want championship football until we have extended the ground or built a new one

Yes if we finish in that place it will be something to be proud of

We don’t want championship football until we have extended the ground or built a new one

If we had a season in the championship but banked the extra cash and had a tough year would that not come close to funding a new stadium? I’m not sure where else the money comes from. Being a yo-yo club has to be an aspiration for us at this point.

If we had a season in the championship but banked the extra cash and had a tough year would that not come close to funding a new stadium? I’m not sure where else the money comes from. Being a yo-yo club has to be an aspiration for us at this point.

I've said before, rather like Mr Punch, that's the way to do it. Get promoted, spend almost nothing and bank the proceeds. Build a new stadium.

I've said before, rather like Mr Punch, that's the way to do it. Get promoted, spend almost nothing and bank the proceeds. Build a new stadium.

Problem is we will get stuffed most weeks meaning the crowds would drop off and you wouldn’t need a new stadium.

We need a forward thinking council to assist with all they can and a housing boom to flog Sincil bank land.

Problem is we will get stuffed most weeks meaning the crowds would drop off and you wouldn’t need a new stadium.

We need a forward thinking council to assist with all they can and a housing boom to flog Sincil bank land.

It's a conundrum. Maybe we should just stay at half-decent 10k capacity Sincil Bank. ;)

Perhaps we can do a Blackpool and get a “temporary” stand

I don't think we need it. We haven't really sold out this season and we know it's going to be a tough one now. Apart from a few big L1 clubs who would bring a fair few more fans that the Stacey West holds (Sunderland, Ipswich), I don't think we need the extra capacity.

I'm always happy with a compromise. How about getting into the championship in a couple of years, spend a bit of the extra cash and rely on the fast improving JAS, Chapman and Bradley plus some of MA's discoveries to avoid relegation and top up the stadium fund the following year. Simple ?