QPR Fan Comments | Vital Football

QPR Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Currently, the UN recognises 195 countries, with a world population of 7.8 billion, representing thousands of different cultures, traditions and languages. Our differences are many, however, there is one thing that unites the entire human race: the fact that Nottingham Forest's squad contains at least one representative of each of the world's nations. Like some latter day Noah's ark, Forest has chosen to gather two of every culture, preserving the essence of humanity in case of cataclysm.

Can QPR's rag tag collection of waifs, strays and Dom Ball make any impact on this cast of thousands?

Lets hope we are all up for it. Forest beat Cardiff last time out after a winless 6 game run so not an easy trip (never is at their house).

Despite dominating play against Coventry, the second goal was an own goal and the third an awful error from the keeper. We won't have such fortune against Forest and will need to take our chances, which, judging from the previous game and considering Forest's recent results isn't likely. I'm going for a stale 1-1.

Tough ol game there as usual. They're are doing a lot better under Hughton. But hopefully we'll put on another good display and get something up there.

Do we have any defenders left fit?

Its the Stroud factor that worries me. Just can't see it being anything other than a tight loss to the squad of a million players following something stupid by the ref.

Pitch looks fab.

They have Freeman and Knockaert on the bench. What a club.

Maybe Forest could lend us a few to fill up the bench.

I live half a mile from the CG and can confirm mostly blue skies, a bit chilly, bit of a wind but shouldn't be at a level that will effect the game.

Stand outside the ground and shout a bit will ya... bit of atmosphere and all that.

Early doors but Forest are looking quite good

We’ve been really sloppy first 20 mins , even our better technical players are struggling.

We’ve had 2 good chances last 5 mins , am I the only one that’s bothered to pay a tenner to watch this?

Good pressure from Forest but we're OK atm, think if they got some sequences of passing going we could be under the cosh but equally a little more possession like this from us will be very welcome.

Fairly poor fare from both teams, we need to up the tempo.

We're having to work hard to get any sort of possession.

Good header off the line to save us.

Good grief this is shocking technique by both sides with the final ball.

Forest packing midfield when we have the ball and looking to hit us on the counter. That's how Derby beat us, so I'm concerned.

This is a very Hughton side and set up.

Jesus wept that was pure Sunday morning hacked shot from Amoebi.

Best chance for us Johansson hits the target he scores just puts it past the post.

0-1.

That looked like the sort of goal we routinely conceded in first half of the season - comical self-destructive defending.

Surely a foul on Barbet?

Looked to be pulled back.

No he day dreams and gets robbed awful defending just clear the f****** ball.

Ameobi definitely pulled him back. But Barbet should have got rid.

Frustrating half. We gotta do better next half and put our half chances away.

Their goal was down to a big Barbet error although they we much more threatening throughout the first half.

There was a tug, not enough to pull up play and not really a factor considering the complete balls up he made.

Be tough now, Forest look hard to break down, we have created very little 1st half.

Kakay been awful . We have definitely been more comfortable. Silly mistake has cost us ! Still think we can nick this.

Bad goal to give up near the end of a rather uninspiring half by us! I'm off for my first jab, if my posts become more irrational than they already have been you'll know what happened!

Enjoy feeling like shite but it’s better than intensive care.

We need to change things around second half. Forest were better than I expected.

Florist are quicker and more aggressive in the tackle. Much better at keeping possession than we are.

It's the city ground boys.
A place of evil for QPR.......... except once!

2-0. Hughton's a very good coach. He's playing to our weaknesses very well, lack of speed and incisiveness especially.

Lovely goal.

Grabban with a worldy.

Normal service at the City Ground resumed, then.

Game over, turned over cheap possession again this time Dykes, we’ve been poor today.

0-3.

Nice goal but Seny should've had it I think.

We had our easiest win against Coventry on Friday and now our worst 3 days later!

Forest have played a blinder, they're sitting deep and we have no answer.

Cameron and jordy not being available has totally unbalanced the side, it meant having to play Ball and taking Field out of the midfield.

We're being well schooled today, out-thought and out-played.

Typical rangers. They have had 20 shots to our 1. Every player has been poor today. Even the manager has had a shite one.

Bad, bad day at the office, our heaviest defeat of the season, not often the whole team is below par but that’s how it’s been today. Dickie and Dieng who have been good this season have had their worst games.

Oh well, another defeat at the City Ground.

3-1 Dykes.

Their keeper has been good.

Stroud missing a penalty as usual.

They’ll be delighted but ultimately all they've done is sit tight and let us play half paced with loose passes.

Have to say just seen the gls, a bit poor from our pov. Grabban hit it well, but two players not closing him down.

We had nothing really to play for but pride, safe from relegation, no chance of reaching play offs so not too surprised.
what has surprised me this season is our reaction to bad performances, we usually bounce back (since early January anyway).

It was obvious both Wing Backs today were ineffective and denied space by forest dropping deep.

Can we sign James Garner on loan next season please.

Florist looked up for it from the off.

Florist obviously have good players. Now they have a good manager. Think they will be a force in this Division next season.

Well beaten. They sat back and picked us off, and we were sloppy.

Basically their manager set them up to beat us 3-1 with ease. I never said that Warbs was a poor manager but even Napoleon was out thought in the end
Warbs is a decent manager and Hughton is a good manager there lies the difference.

He got the better of Warburton today. But on the balance of the season as a whole I'd say Warburton is more than holding his own vs Hughton.

Hughton is not a particularly good manager and no better than MW. I know Brighton and Forest fans who both say he is clueless going forward.

Given the respective squads and league position MW is way ahead of CH imo.

It looked like Hughton watched the Coventry match and knew how to set up and play. The trajectory of the game seemed obvious after the first goal. We need a way of dealing with teams that sit deep. It was a good result for Forest who have come into a bit of form. I'm not upset about the result or performance, I've seen us play well this season and know what we can do. It's also the nature of the league, as the age old cliche goes, any one can beat anyone. We just need to dust ourselves off and move onto the next game.

I think Hughton is a decent manager when he has a strong squad, what he is good at is setting them up to not lose and because they have good players they can take advantage of mistakes like today.
When he's got a team of underdogs he's not so good and still employs the tactic of sitting back, playing safe but when they inevitably concede he hasn't got the nous to turn things. Ultimately he gets a good squad promoted to the Premier but can't adapt them to prosper and grow in that league.

I don't think he'd be a good manager for us, too dull by half for me.

Think Hughton inherited a team in October whose confidence must have been on the floor. Blew their chance of the play-offs last season in a disastrous fashion, then started this season with a run of defeats. Big job to turn that around. Seems to have them organised and hard to beat. A squad with some good players and lots of strength in depth. I think they will do well next season. I think Hughton has done well at most Clubs he has managed, but would not want him in charge of the R’s as too negative for my liking. Besides, I’m very happy with Warbs.

Strange how they can be so good one day and so poor the next. No, hang on, this is QPR. This is what we have done through the decades I have supported them.One of those games where Mark will say... they're bitterly disappointed in that changing room. There were a lot of angry voices and words in there. We didn't press. We didn't get our rewards. We looked lethargic and that's not the QPR team I know. We'll analyse and move on. They'll be keen to respond after that. Etc. Fans will go mad. We're rubbish, sack everyone and then we'll win the next one and we'll be amazing and why did we drop points and not go up as champions. I've been here so many times.

I think we need to realise as said on here Forest have some very good players and now have a very good manager. We have been outplayed on the park and out thought on the bench and 3-1 flatters us a little as it could have been more, and the goal was a bonus. As much as we were bad Forest were good. So not the end of the world for us. Our work this season is done we are not going down and we are certainly not going to have a late run for the paly-offs, so very much a see the rest of this season out.

Amusing post match interview with a Forest fan:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footb...ual-nottingham-forest-post-mortem-–-interview

Cheers CP, some interesting and amusing comments on there but good to read again that opposition fans thought we looked good, which we did...

The undercurrent seems to be that they are quite mixed on Warburton but predominantly content at the moment. I am guessing they will want to see progress next season though or the rumblings of discontent will really start.

Great stuff CP looks as if Warburton divides opinion as ever. Good to hear that they thought we looked decent which we did (best of the season for me) I felt, sadly it wasn't a typical performance from us but lets hope it is the benchmark for better performances ahead
I think we were helped by two things:
1: QPR played right into our hands with their tactics
2: QPR were dreadful on the ball, they kept giving it away and making stupid mistakes.
That's not to say our players don't deserve credit for playing well and taking advantage, but if they didn't play our game and didn't have a ridiculous off day it would have been a very different game.

Cheers CP - good cross section (as ever) of comments, noticeably without the bile that we get from some supporters.

The digs at the size of our squad are understandable but not down to Hughton, who inherited the majority.

Busy summer ahead, the bigger battles will involve trying to keep Worrall & Mighten.

Hughton can now genuinely start to plan ahead, with a little more confidence, just need to finish the season with a decent run, restoring some pride.

I do think QPR fans are generally more focussed on how good or otherwise their team is and rarely have more than a gentle and usually jovial dig at the opposition.

Cheers for sharing as usual. Not sure I agree about the sitting deep at all though - for the first time under Hughton I thought we played higher up and pressed, which is why we got our rewards (jeez that’s a Warburton phrase).

Also not a coincidence that he played the best available 11, ie not Cafu as a 10 and bringing Krovinovic back. We were so much more balanced and positive. We’re getting to the ‘nothing to play for’ territory - there’s no reason we can’t play more courageously like we did yesterday in the final games of the season.

Cheers for sharing as usual. Not sure I agree about the sitting deep at all though - for the first time under Hughton I thought we played higher up and pressed, which is why we got our rewards (jeez that’s a Warburton phrase).

Also not a coincidence that he played the best available 11, ie not Cafu as a 10 and bringing Krovinovic back. We were so much more balanced and positive. We’re getting to the ‘nothing to play for’ territory - there’s no reason we can’t play more courageously like we did yesterday in the final games of the season.
I am hoping that the second we are safe we start to see Soh getting some games. We paid enough for him so let’s see what he can do.