Qatar World Cup and Platini back under the microscope | Vital Football

Qatar World Cup and Platini back under the microscope

Platini and Qatar World Cup back in the news - What is your stance?

• I will not watch - corruption in the bidding process

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think if we all ended up boycotting everything that was corrupt nobody would be watching anything anywhere. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that was almost certainly backhanders flying about. I would guarantee it's been the same at every major tournament in every major sport in the world throughout history. Jeez our own politicians are corrupt with their expenses.

I would almost guarantee that corruption is rife in football around the world just as it's rife everywhere in the world and in everything that has to do with money. Many years ago I worked at Euro 96 and some of the things I witnessed would make your toes curl! Not everyone by any means but there is always somebody trying to skim money and do Dodgy deals.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves tbh!

I'm agreeing with Casper on this. Don't like where it's going to be played, when it's going to be played ( Nov/Dec for crying out loud), the obvious shenanigans in its award and the conditions that are causing the deaths of workers trying to develop the stadia.

But realistically I have no doubt I'll be watching every game as i've done since Argentina 78

I think Qatar will be a fantastic place to hold the World Cup.

With TripAdvisor listing the Qatar National Library and the Museum of Islamic Art as two of the top attractions, Michel Platini will be lauded for his "influence" in "persuading" FIFA to vote for it......

As for watching it....... the players will be dead on their feet.

It should be moved elsewhere..... pronto!