Purslow Speaks about the future | Vital Football

Purslow Speaks about the future

Villan57

Alert Team
Aston Villa Chief Executive Christian Purslow has reflected on a number of topics as he gave his thoughts on the 2020/21 campaign.

Mr Purslow sat down with VillaTV to discuss the performance of the men's and women's teams in the Premier League and Women's Super League respectively, including the arrival of new Aston Villa Women head coach Carla Ward.

He also went on to talk about the return of fans to Villa Park and the upcoming sale of Season Tickets, the club's triumph in the FA Youth Cup and Villa's plans for the summer transfer window.
https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/Christian-Purslow-season-review-2020-21/

Last edited:
Said exactly what he needed too without giving anything away. What a politician :rofl:

Yes he'd make a good MP or even PM, tells us what we want to hear.
Could be worse he could be telling us there won't be any signings and we are disbanding the youth and Women's set-up.

He paints a bright picture

I assume existing STH’s (from 19/20) will get some time to snap up their existing seat first, rather than a free for all?

I assume existing STH’s (from 19/20) will get some time to snap up their existing seat first, rather than a free for all?

Yes big clubs have waiting lists for ST's. I'm wondering how long before they start pricing us out of it. Supply and demand is king

Yes big clubs have waiting lists for ST's. I'm wondering how long before they start pricing us out of it. Supply and demand is king

I’ve seen nothing about it, which might be what he means about Friday with early bird but it’s usually well advertised. I have a cheapo ST, but it’s my ST.

I’ve seen nothing about it, which might be what he means about Friday with early bird but it’s usually well advertised. I have a cheapo ST, but it’s my ST.
Not given it much thought really, I've got less than 2 years until I can get my OAP one as long as they don't suss the age is now 66 not 65

No early bird this season, unless something has changed since my last exchange with them (following the feedback I took in the thread on this site - strangely it was towards their plan to communicate with fans before the actual announcing of ST's but nothing came of it)

No early bird this season, unless something has changed since my last exchange with them (following the feedback I took in the thread on this site - strangely it was towards their plan to communicate with fans before the actual announcing of ST's but nothing came of it)

So all seats are up for grabs or am I misunderstanding you? I like that seat you’ve got so you better be quick 😉

So all seats are up for grabs or am I misunderstanding you? I like that seat you’ve got so you better be quick 😉

no, just price structure, no early bird offer, as that was usually Feb / March time they offered that. Obviously they couldn't do it, because they didn't know at that stage, if fans were going to be allowed back.

My understanding is the prices will be announced and no different to any other year, you then have x amount of time to renew your ticket. If then, you don't renew, they go on offer to those on the waiting list.

As I suspected, quality not quantity on transfers, which means that anybody looking for a mass clearout of the squad will be disappointed. I'm happy with that. Another striker and a quality creative midfielder would be my choices. Tammy and Buendia for example.