Purslow answers to FCG | Page 2 | Vital Football

Purslow answers to FCG

We are not the owners only business. They have other assets to invest in too.

The days of sentimental owners have gone.

I just hope they don't get fed up of ploughing vast suns of money into a business that is giving them little in the way of return.
We're still ahead of the curve, we aren't bottomed out and our problems are clear for all to see....they aren't short termers...fans want more quicker.

Not sure who it was who commented earlier they looked happy and Taylor/Sir Brian were concerned.....that shows they have long term view and expect hiccups for me.

They are already getting their return mate. Prem, exposure, increased revenue. Even if we still make a loss, the lights are on and we are closer to break even again.

They don't think as fans.

I don't think the money is in the shirt sales, it's the commercial deals they are chasing.
Most Egyptians can't afford a real club shirt, same for the Chinese. They are more likely to wear copies.
Yup TV exposure outstrips shirt sales in a real sense BUT that's still central pool....we aren't yet at the stage of running our own promotion in foreign countries. It's a stage and a step....

In short our current return is FA outside of generic Premier League agreements but plenty of fans seem to think it's a golden blowjob and it's nothing of the sort. Boost recognition, status, knowledge etc yes (build towards pre-season friendlies and tournaments as that's where the cash is) but the rest is basically irrelevant.

But if we get relegated that revenue will plummet.
Doesn't matter. It will, but we start afresh under FFP and we already have a lower cost base and unlike before I'd be amazed if we didn't have more generous relegation clauses given our new signings.

It's not the end of the world it was a few years back dude. If, as I hope they have, unlike last time we would actually be quids in rather than selling off everything we own to a pawn shop.

They are chasing what currently doesn't exist Fulford.....they are chasing what might be after it's been developed and built more as a revenue stream.

The biggest winners are those who are successful in the champions league as that gives you the biggest exposure.

I could be wrong here, but pro-rata for games, Group Stage of CL is akin to a season in PL.

It's what we have to build for - revenue bottom line, kudos, recognition. profile, can charge more for sponsorships etc because of the greater reach and so on.

But we have to remember, the other summer we didn't know if the club was going bankrupt (it was) - we've changed over half the squad, we lost some talent from the U23's because Xia was shutting it down to save money and so on.

Let's walk again before we jog. Survival is it and if it doesn't happen, we are still better placed and can do a Burnley. The owners want more, the fans want more but we have to keep perspective.

We are 6 months into a new Villa - we can't compare to Man City anymore than Leicester and anymore than Sheff U because Wilder is 3 yrs into his project.

Build it and they will come might have worked in Field Of Dreams but has anyone kept track of Spurs' new stadium attendance so far this year - even allowing for 'we'll count that ST holder even though they aren't there', the attendances have been woefully under capacity.

Although their official capacity is 62,000 it’ll probably never be that number due to segregation and I think there’s some seats they aren’t selling yet. I think I read recently that Levy is actually trying to expand it by a few hundred seats where possible such is the demand. The only real ‘low’ attendance I’ve seen at spurs this season was Red Star in the CL which was about 50,000.

I don't think the money is in the shirt sales, it's the commercial deals they are chasing.
Most Egyptians can't afford a real club shirt, same for the Chinese. They are more likely to wear copies.

Can’t speak for the Egyptians but the Chinese are rich.

Although their official capacity is 62,000 it’ll probably never be that number due to segregation and I think there’s some seats they aren’t selling yet. I think I read recently that Levy is actually trying to expand it by a few hundred seats where possible such is the demand. The only real ‘low’ attendance I’ve seen at spurs this season was Red Star in the CL which was about 50,000.
Regularly in the 50's and even dipped into 40's from the BBC tally - not sure why but I look at this kind of crap lol Levy will want to extend further past the certificate because people pay up front and whether they attend or not, he has their money.

Regularly in the 50's and even dipped into 40's from the BBC tally - not sure why but I look at this kind of crap lol Levy will want to extend further past the certificate because people pay up front and whether they attend or not, he has their money.

Not sure where you’ve seen attendances in the 40’s. Premier league every game sold out, difference in numbers could be down to some fans not turning up (Believe it or not this happened in their first game at the new stadium in numbers!) and differing numbers of away fans, have a look at our own attendances this season and it’ll be the same. As for the champions league you had Red Star who were banned from having any away fans and tickets didn’t go to general sale to stop them buying any which was funny because a load of tickets did end up in Red Star hands.

Attachments

• 62F55C7B-2041-423B-A578-977EAA1D65B2.png
    62F55C7B-2041-423B-A578-977EAA1D65B2.png
    727.2 KB · Views: 2
Not sure where you’ve seen attendances in the 40’s. Premier league every game sold out, difference in numbers could be down to some fans not turning up (Believe it or not this happened in their first game at the new stadium in numbers!) and differing numbers of away fans, have a look at our own attendances this season and it’ll be the same. As for the champions league you had Red Star who were banned from having any away fans and tickets didn’t go to general sale to stop them buying any which was funny because a load of tickets did end up in Red Star hands.
Might have been Cup in fairness, but I've seen it. PL has not been sold out as per BBC - as said, difference between ST's sold and people turning up, different outlets publish different stats.

But yes, we do the same as well, all clubs do, ST's get counted even if they aren't there.

This is exactly it, they’re successful businessmen and I’m sure they’ll want that to continue with their investment in Villa. They haven’t bought the club for our benefit.
Nope, not at all. There's lip service and I'm sure they'd love us to be happy but we'll only be happy if they are and they get a return.

However bad it sounds, but we all know it, fans meant shit.