PSG game aborted | Page 6 | Vital Football

PSG game aborted

I'm confused because John Barnes has come in for some heavy criticism on here, accused for special pleading, having a chip on his shoulder and all the other weasel criticisms. Suddenly he has the final word and his judgement is perfect.
I agree. I don't know why John Barnes opinion on this matter is more valid than anyone elses, just because he is black

I'm confused because John Barnes has come in for some heavy criticism on here, accused for special pleading, having a chip on his shoulder and all the other weasel criticisms. Suddenly he has the final word and his judgement is perfect.

The whole chip on his shoulder criticism is down to the sole issue of him claiming the reason he couldn't get another manager job was down to his skin colour and not because his manager record was rubbish and killed by the SuperCalliGoDolallyWhileCelticAreAtrocious headline while manager of Celtic.

Of course, his voice is magnified by the fact he is breaking from the narrative you'd expect him to have if you think black people share the same experience and therefore should have the same opinions.

Funny that, I must be going mad, I don't see the text that I quoted in my message at 9:39 anywhere in the original source article you've posted.

I guess you may want to check your CRTL-V/CTRL-C function on your keyboard, or maybe they have changed the article since you 'copied' it. :clown:

Be careful. Alphabet King might tell you off for going slightly off topic. I'm sure the PSG players didn't walk off as Demba Ba had an issue copying and pasting some text.

Wow! Nearly 100 posts about an apparent language barrier issue and it's confused consequences in a football match not involving any British clubs.

Hope my next thread - 'LEAVERS - ARE YOU STILL HAPPY?' is as popular!
Strangely, as the talks reach their end point the various brexit threads, with about 15000 posts in total, have been eerily quiet!

Strangely, as the talks reach their end point the various brexit threads, with about 15000 posts in total, have been eerily quiet!

Good point , I will post on the Brexit thread at sometime , despite the fact i might offend some one here by rubbing it in 😀🇬🇧

Eh? im not sure I follow.
I don't think those 22 individuals made elaborate assumptions and conclusions about what john barnes view of it is at all. They probably havn't even read his comments?

One final try - you were referring to me acting on assumptions and conclusions about something when giving an opinion.

Demba Ba started having an issue with the 4th official and 22 players suddenly decide to walk off for no other reason that I can think of than the assumption and conclusion that racism had occurred. Perhaps you should be wagging your emoji finger at them.

If you can not see that comparison , I shall assume you are just having a laugh as per your emojis. Fair enough.

Hope my next thread - 'LEAVERS - ARE YOU STILL HAPPY?' is as popular!

Yes, brilliant.

If there is a No Deal, I can see a lot less Articulated lorries hammering down the M2 and M20 taking slight variations of the same product in opposite directions.

Funny what information is still coming out. Today's revelation is that there will be a tariff of 57% on the import of Cheddar Cheese - We IMPORT Cheddar Cheese? o_O

Yes, brilliant.

If there is a No Deal, I can see a lot less Articulated lorries hammering down the M2 and M20 taking slight variations of the same product in opposite directions.

Funny what information is still coming out. Today's revelation is that there will be a tariff of 57% on the import of Cheddar Cheese - We IMPORT Cheddar Cheese? o_O

Yes we inport lots of EU cheddar and a hell of a lot of milk.

They are programmed not to admit it's a f#ck up. Pathetic little reasons for trying to justify a really poor situation.

Fish!!!!!!

Another of life’s mysteries.
We export tons of Cheddar and simultaneously import tons of Cheddar.
Why ?
The absolute worst of globalisation adding to the environmental disaster.

Export our factories but import the goods they make, export tech jobs then hire from abroad at a higher rate, dont train enough doctors and then have to import from abroad.
Stop flying our aircraft after an accident but keep buying boing after many accidents. Choose us fighters and helicopters instead of our own even if ours are superior. Scrap our shipyards while japan and s korea were building their own and take over once the recovery came.
The list goes on, Thatcherism deserves every criticism but other governments carried it on.

Still the answer is clear - Brexit and a tory government because it was that nasty EU and commies that put us in this place lol. Dance puppets dance lol.

The bottom line is...(1) we are not being asked to sacrifice our sovereignty and independence by any of the many countries we have agreed a rollover free trade deal with, and (2) the EU is not asking any of those countries to sacrifice their sovereignty and independence for their free trade deals with the EU.

So why are the EU adding all these restrictions and control measures (fish only being one of them) that interfere with sovereignty and independence to a free trade deal with a country that has helped prop them up financially for many years?

IMO Because they think they can.

Another of life’s mysteries.
We export tons of Cheddar and simultaneously import tons of Cheddar.
Why ?
The absolute worst of globalisation adding to the environmental disaster.

It is not a mystery. I’ve said repeatedly on another thread it is because of something called Comparative Advantage which is a Pareto optimal situation that benefits the living standards of everyone.