PSG game aborted | Page 7 | Vital Football

PSG game aborted

It is not a mystery. I’ve said repeatedly on another thread it is because of something called Comparative Advantage which is a Pareto optimal situation that benefits the living standards of everyone.
So, trundling tons of virtually identical cheddar across international borders on diesel spewing trucks is actually good for everyone’s living standards.
Every thing that is wrong in the world in one sentence.
Well done.👎
I credited you with a bit more intelligence than that.

So, trundling tons of virtually identical cheddar across international borders on diesel spewing trucks is actually good for everyone’s living standards.
Well done.👎

Similar to the situation where we did not have a real PPE or blood testing industry. Still we can always keep paying farmers not to produce product.

Well done.👎
Agree with much of that.

Now looks like we'll be transporting more stuff to and from Australia. Great for the global environment eh?

Funny what information is still coming out. Today's revelation is that there will be a tariff of 57% on the import of Cheddar Cheese - We IMPORT Cheddar Cheese? o_O
Not sure who gets to "57%" ... "on the import of Cheddar Cheese".

And maybe the source forgot to mention the EU's Common External Tariff is higher than the UK's new tariff on Cheddar imports.

The UK is reducing the tariff on imported Cheddar from EUR 1.67 /kg to £1.39/kg.
https://www.check-future-uk-trade-tariffs.service.gov.uk/tariff?q=cheddar&n=25&p=1

Now i`m doing it :slap: but, there`s plenty of home produced cheese about. Since moving north i`ve discovered Blacksticks Blue (now available all over the UK) it really is very nice and just one of many many home produced cheeses. What with all the different local beers, growing wine production and zillions of cheese - do we really need truck loads of Brie ? Rhetorically put, as, obviously I wouldn`t seek to compromise the threads protocol ..

What with all the different local beers, growing wine production and zillions of cheese - do we really need truck loads of Brie ? Rhetorically put, as, obviously I wouldn`t seek to compromise the threads protocol ..

Yes, I wonder how much Brie and Camembert we export to Europe?

Oh, no the EU have probably out one of those patent type things on those names, as in Champagne, but European exporters are still able to market a product using the name Cheddar. Figures.

Yes, I wonder how much Brie and Camembert we export to Europe?

Oh, no the EU have probably out one of those patent type things on those names, as in Champagne, but European exporters are still able to market a product using the name Cheddar. Figures.

I did read somewhere, a few years ago, that due to the warming of the south-east of England and consequent conditions that would precisely replicate those in Epernay, France, a lot of land was bought up with the intention of utilising this new English "terroir" to produce sparkling wine. Wine to rival even the best "Champagne". South-east England needs to come up with a suitable name for it - "Glampagne" - perhaps ?

I did read somewhere, a few years ago, that due to the warming of the south-east of England and consequent conditions that would precisely replicate those in Epernay, France, a lot of land was bought up with the intention of utilising this new English "terroir" to produce sparkling wine. Wine to rival even the best "Champagne". South-east England needs to come up with a suitable name for it - "Glampagne" - perhaps ?
The French were pretty smart at buying up land on the North Downs in Kent, a similar chalky soil to that around Epernay, so they may get away with calling it Champagne.

As it will be fake imitation Champagne not grown in the Champagne region, we should call it Sham-pagne.

The French were pretty smart at buying up land on the North Downs in Kent, a similar chalky soil to that around Epernay, so they may get away with calling it Champagne.

For those that know the Boxley Road between Maidstone and the Medway Towns, you are probably aware that new vines have been planted in the valley by Chapeldown wine company, just before the road starts going up the North Downs.

Agreement to Lease 388 acres of prime viticultural land - ChapelDownWines

They have won numerous awards for their British wines so may be in a position to profit from Brexit, at least in the domestic market.

As it will be fake imitation Champagne not grown in the Champagne region, we should call it Sham-pagne.
Real champagne must also be produces using the champagne method, ie creating the bubbles through fermentation after bottling as opposed to before or pumping the wine full of gas. See, I did listen during my old job as a wine and spirits manager at Safeway 😉

Indeed. There are vinyards now on Bluebell and Boxley Hills.