Proud Dad moment, bullying and girls | Vital Football

Proud Dad moment, bullying and girls

Littlest Hobo

Vital 1st Team Regular
Just wanted to share a proud moment from the weekend. Cut a long story short my daughter was getting bullied at school for a few months by a teachers daughter. Told she couldn't play with her own friends type things rather than physical. The fact it was a teachers daughter made it much worse as I hold the teacher more responsible than the child. Anyhow, my wife made a few calls, didn't mention names but suggested it was 'a' teachers daughter doing the bullying and encouraged my daughter to stand up for herself type thing and make new friends. All turned out well.

Now fast forward a few months and my daughter walks into her regular climbing haunt where she is pretty well regarded for her abilities. Here is same teacher and daughter having lessons etc. My daughters face dropped. I told her to ignore her and this was my daughters territory and don't worry about it. Whilst this other girl was getting her lesson (As part of a group) my daughter was asked, as she often is to give a demonstration to them of a climb they couldn't do. My daughter walked up, didn't say a word, did the climb then walked off without saying anything. Big grin on her face when she was out of sight.

Anyhow, this weekend they had the annual climbing competition. 2hrs to do 15 climbs. Once again this bullies family turn up and my daughter again looked concerned. Told her to go out, smash the climbs then sit down and enjoy the carnage. She went out, did 14 of the 15 climbs in 35mins and handed her scorecard in then I treat her to a coffee and cake whilst we sat and watched everyone battle away. The 15th climb was never on the cards so she basically nailed a full house and won the comp (climbing 2yrs above herself) and would have been close on an age group 6yrs above herself.

The highlight was seeing this family rush out and not stay for the awards ceremony.

I know its kinda bullying from my perspective but I am really proud of how my girl has dealt with the bullying and how she has used her own abilities to shove it back at the bully. Maybe she will get some respect when she goes back to school.

Haha, trust you. No I drank the coffee, she had a nibble of the cake. When she climbs its only water she is allowed to drink.

Currently trying different foods to see what she can eat without it troubling her climbing. Cake was just a treat

LH - great read - well done to your daughter - so climbing is in the family?

Thanks highgatespur. Nah, climbing isn't in the family at all. I used to climb trees etc but its something she just has a talent for.

The story, although definitely proud dad time, was more to do with having something a kid can be good at that can give them the confidence to stand up for themselves a little bit. Hoping that there may be a little begrudging respect coming my daughters way when they restart school. Maybe this girl will try to be nice to my daughter now she realises that she isn't some pushover.

Its the same with football or any kind of sport. It leads to a lovely circle of friends who make the child so much more confident in social skills I find.

And the fact my daughter is amazballs at climbing just tops it all off :-)

Just great to hear that LH - no doubt that the scenario will have to be revisited some time agian - but what a wonderful example you gave your daughter to work from! But of course hopefully things will remain sorted. Take care and well done again to your daughter.

about 6 years ago, when my daughter was in primary school, she was having issues with the class "Alpha Male", someone she had never really got on with. my daughter has done karate for a number of years and is now closing in on her black belt, something this lad either wasn't aware of to just plain ignored. Playing the typical bully, he tried to beat her up, but came off worst. Sadly for us, this boys Mum is a teaching assistant and insisted that to was my daughter that instigated everything and it was her that initially got punished upon hers insistence. talking privately to another TA, she said that there would be no comeback as all the other teachers privately knew the lad was a little shite and were glad he was put in his place, but his mum thought he was an absolute angel.

Littlest Hobo - 20/7/2015 11:12

Just wanted to share a proud moment from the weekend. Cut a long story short my daughter was getting bullied at school for a few months by a teachers daughter. Told she couldn't play with her own friends type things rather than physical. The fact it was a teachers daughter made it much worse as I hold the teacher more responsible than the child. Anyhow, my wife made a few calls, didn't mention names but suggested it was 'a' teachers daughter doing the bullying and encouraged my daughter to stand up for herself type thing and make new friends. All turned out well.

Now fast forward a few months and my daughter walks into her regular climbing haunt where she is pretty well regarded for her abilities. Here is same teacher and daughter having lessons etc. My daughters face dropped. I told her to ignore her and this was my daughters territory and don't worry about it. Whilst this other girl was getting her lesson (As part of a group) my daughter was asked, as she often is to give a demonstration to them of a climb they couldn't do. My daughter walked up, didn't say a word, did the climb then walked off without saying anything. Big grin on her face when she was out of sight.

Anyhow, this weekend they had the annual climbing competition. 2hrs to do 15 climbs. Once again this bullies family turn up and my daughter again looked concerned. Told her to go out, smash the climbs then sit down and enjoy the carnage. She went out, did 14 of the 15 climbs in 35mins and handed her scorecard in then I treat her to a coffee and cake whilst we sat and watched everyone battle away. The 15th climb was never on the cards so she basically nailed a full house and won the comp (climbing 2yrs above herself) and would have been close on an age group 6yrs above herself.

The highlight was seeing this family rush out and not stay for the awards ceremony.

I know its kinda bullying from my perspective but I am really proud of how my girl has dealt with the bullying and how she has used her own abilities to shove it back at the bully. Maybe she will get some respect when she goes back to school.

I see zero "bullying" in your part.I see Justice. Enjoy :7:

oxford, that kind of thing infuriates me. A bit like the other girls mum in my daughters scenario, they should be able to see past their blinkers and recognise when their own kid needs reeled in. I have always come down twice as hard on my son if he steps out of line at football. Not because he is badly behaved but because I can be accused of favouritism.

There is a youtube video of a redneck squaring up to a woman and calling her some disgusting names. Woman takes it and takes it then kicks the shit outta him. Very funny when bullies get put in their place.

Expect this is the end of it for my girl.

I have my own way of dealing with bullies , it's not violent but its not pretty either.

I have used it a few times recently. I call them out on their behaviour, tell them I don't like it and won't tolerate it, not to ever try it again. Then I attack their character for doing it .

If they respond with denial, the attack continues. It usually ends with an agreement to not engage with each other, job done.