Protests tomorrow | Vital Football

Protests tomorrow

There are a number of protests planned for tomorrow. As somebody commented on social media I think we have more fan groups than fans.

For me I think serious action is needed and the most appropriate plan I've heard is for a pitch invasion at 19:32 mins into the match to bring the game to a halt. This is being organised not by a 'fans group' but was just proposed by one long term fan and its snowballed from there. I'm all for it. The time for scarf waving, singing and sitting on our hands waiting for more lies has now passed.

Not a pop mate, but see post#159 on Happy Clapper thread.

I suppose you could say that you'd not read that ... but if you don't read other posts before posting yours, then why would you expect others to read your post either?

Alternatively, you could have said that you were highlighting it, by giving the notice it's own thread ... which would have been understandable.

(y)

There are a number of protests planned for tomorrow. As somebody commented on social media I think we have more fan groups than fans.

For me I think serious action is needed and the most appropriate plan I've heard is for a pitch invasion at 19:32 mins into the match to bring the game to a halt. This is being organised not by a 'fans group' but was just proposed by one long term fan and its snowballed from there. I'm all for it. The time for scarf waving, singing and sitting on our hands waiting for more lies has now passed.

there are a number of pitch invasions planned, but this is the only protest. Hopefully everyone that can get down there does👍

Not a pop mate, but see post#159 on Happy Clapper thread.

I suppose you could say that you'd not read that ... but if you don't read other posts before posting yours, then why would you expect others to read your post either?

Alternatively, you could have said that you were highlighting it, by giving the notice it's own thread ... which would have been understandable.

(y)

Yep. Thought it needed it’s own thread. Don’t know the organisers to be fair, but there’s a lot of work being done on Twitter/Facebook. I know not everyone on here goes on those…

Great news. So tomorrow we’re on the piss and on the pitch.

So you run into the pitch go to chant at the directors box,realise it's empty,what next?

So you run into the pitch go to chant at the directors box,realise it's empty,what next?

The game is halted, its out in the media etc. Shines a greater light on what's happening. Gets the point across clearly that the fans are extremely unhappy. Could be a large first step towards a widespread campaign of protesting. Much more effective than twirling scarves or waiting for another update from the supporters club.

Idiots if any one goes on the pitch. As no one in any authority will be at the game. All that will do is get more points deduction

& it will most definitely get picked up on sky sports news...not to mention other media outlets. Oh let's not do that eh...bring attention to our plight to the mass media, that would be terrible wouldn't it 🤔🤔🤔.
I hope it does go ahead, the media are over it & it gets us in the news, relevant & talked about...maybe, just maybe then something will be communicated by the club.

On a jokey side....Jeff Sterling in the SSN studio says "we're going over live to the DW Stadium where Kammy is reporting from pitch side...."unbelievable Jeff, unbelievable, the fans are on the pitch & a statement is due from the club owners any minute now"

Idiots if any one goes on the pitch. As no one in any authority will be at the game. All that will do is get more points deduction

Blackpool didnt have any points deducted in 2015/16 after their pitch invasion on the last day of the 14/15 season caused the game to be abandoned. There's a precedent that could be a base for a legal argument if Wigan were deducted points for a similar issue.

What happens next, as always when fans run on the pitch, the teenagers suddenly think it's a great idea to head towards the away end. Silly scuffles start, we look like a horrible bunch, we gain zero sympathy, the players who have remained dignified through all this nonsense get pissed off and the message is totally lost. Plus the probability of sanctions on the club. My own preference would be to show backing to the players. I've no problem with others who prefer pre game protests, demonstrations or chants, maybe even a mass walk out, but going on the pitch is just a receipe for disaster

So we all just sit here then and piss and moan about it on a message board?
Protest outside. Stay on the concourse so the stadium is empty (yes before anyone says it - it's generally empty anyway🤦‍♂️) and walk to your seats at 19:32. Protest at half time. Protest after clapping the players off.
Write/email the club - inundate their email boxes.
Those invading the pitches are only craving for personal attention.

Protest outside. Stay on the concourse so the stadium is empty (yes before anyone says it - it's generally empty anyway🤦‍♂️) and walk to your seats at 19:32. Protest at half time. Protest after clapping the players off.
Write/email the club - inundate their email boxes.
Those invading the pitches are only craving for personal attention.

Replied to ur post asking wot ud do n obv ur reply came after I'd posted mine. That's a fair point u make re walk to seats etc. Whatever happens needs to be in unison but I guess that won't happen....can see it being a fragmented & disjointed effort but fair play to these trying to do / action something...

So who has invested in banners, took out their white bedsheets and write messages of protest, made placards? All this so their messages are read clearly. No one?