Protests in Hong Kong... | Vital Football

Protests in Hong Kong...

96Tav

Vital Reserves Team
Just showed a mass crowd and a load of protesters ramming Government HQ in Hong Kong with what looked like a huge shopping trolley.

I wondered if its Latics supporters, wondering where the transfer money is? :rofl:

To be fair to IEC, there hasn't been any announcement of what our transfer budget is. I'm not saying I think we're sitting on a £50 million war chest or anything, but until the window is over, we fans won't know what we had to spend.

It's safe to say that they're not chucking a fortune at us, but since this is their first proper transfer window, they may have made some money available (over and above what we'd already have had).

As a club, we're not renowned for our great communication where transfer policy, budget and targets are concerned, so it's possible that they've made some money available and we just don't know about it (yet?).

It's also entirely possible you're 100% right and they haven't given us a penny other than what we have got from outgoing transfers, but at the moment, there's simply no way of knowing.

I think they said right at the start that they wouldn't be throwing big money around and would be focussing on developing our own players. They haven't said much, but what they have said shouldn't lead anybody to think multimillions will be available.

I think they said right at the start that they wouldn't be throwing big money around and would be focussing on developing our own players. They haven't said much, but what they have said shouldn't lead anybody to think multimillions will be available.

That's true, they said they wanted to focus on bringing our own youngsters through and developing lesser known players who we may sign, but they did say they'd put some money in as needed to try to secure our status in the Championship... We're not going to know until the window is over I suppose.

Great great place Hong Kong, I fully support their determination not to be subject to enhanced regulation from Beijing. Didn’t iec say via proxy at the forum that significant funds would be available this window? Plus the Grigg and windfall money we have just received. Significant initial investment is needed as Pompey rejects aren’t going to do the job at this level.

Don't know where else to put this, as there seems to be complaints about the lack of new kit news, but I just walked past club shop and iit is open but empty with boxes everywhere. Wondering if anyone knows if there's rumours of them perhaps stocking up for new kit?

On way home and seen builders start work on big screen. ES2 and 3 can forget about it, won't see a pixel, is a biggun though