Prophets of Rage | Vital Football

Prophets of Rage

Buddha

Vital Football Hero
Anybody into this band?

Formed from former members of Rage Against the Machine, Public Enemy and Cypress Hill.

I saw them a couple of weeks back. It was the best gig I've been to in a number of years.

If you've not heard them, check them out...

I like Rage against the Machine and in fact saw an very good tribute band over the weekend called Raging against the Machine at one of my locals - hate Cypress Hill and Public Enemy, but will give this a listen when I'm not at work.

Much prefer all the original component bands tbh, especially RATM.

Yes mate, me too, I completely agree. But none of them exist anymore!!

When I saw in RATM in 1994 they completely blew me away. I'd never heard of them before but the energy and anger - the 'rage' - of the singer was one of the most exciting things I've ever experienced. That was, without doubt, the best gig I've ever attended.

But as I said, that's all in the past. I love loads of old music but find that there aren't many well known current bands that I enjoy. Most of the bands I like are part of the diy scene and so although they're good, they're not well known outside a certain sub-sect of society.

But everyone's heard of RATM, Public Enemy and Cypress Hill, so people should know about this lot.

It was a bit of nostalgia hearing Killing In The Name and How I Could Just Kill A Man, but there was more to it than just that, they got their own songs too! Ok it wasn't as exciting as that Rage performance in '94 but then I am older (obviously!) and i still got excited!