Promotion and relegation. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Promotion and relegation.

Yeah I can see Oxford doing well, certainly a good shout for the top six. They've made the best signing of the division so far, bringing in Ruben Rodrigues on a free. One team always surprises everyone and gets in among the promotion pack when no one expects them to pre season like Burton, Shrewsbury, MK Dons etc, so maybe Oxford will be that team.

Portsmouth look like they're having a proper go as well. Ten signings so far including a striker from the Aussie A-League and a midfielder from the Irish Prem. Good to see a club diversifying their recruitment in a bid to find hidden gems.

It could be Burton again this season. They have released all the deadwood and made some very astute signings. They are very much going under the radar.

Stevenage went from the doldrums to appointing Steve Evans in league 2 who cleared their squad out and brought in a near full side of all his players and promotion within a season. Very capable manager and they could kick again. Be a great story that also. Stevenage in the championship. Bit like Yeovil.

Apart from Derby county. Who I think will piss this league. This season. The rest are all mediocre teams. And anything can happen. Injury’s will play a big part. Bolton already lost the lad who played for us. With a knee injury. But 15 thousand season tickets will help them.
My prediction: Derby will be sixth, and won't reach the play-off final.

Or Wigan Athletic
Without maybe the minus eight and keeping hold of the likes of Jones, McGrath etc maybe but we may just have to settle for staying up which is a big ask. However I am a glass half full person and would go for an outside bet on being fairly close to the play offs. The more negative contributors on here would remind us all that four go down. Onwards and upwards I say. UTFT.

Think a good few of our. fans are getting a bit carried away. Let’s not forget we start on -8 points. And fixture wise first 5 matches are very tuff. And we could find out selfs 12 points a drift. before we know it. Stoping up is the main thing. Just pray we can do it.
OTBAW.....given your constant negativity, I think even if we were on a +8 points rather than the current -8 points you'd still find some negativity...😉

OTBAW.....given your constant negativity, I think even if we were on a +8 points rather than the current -8 points you'd still find some negativity...😉
No mate I live in the real world. Not fantasy football it will be a very hard season. Think we will stay up. But won’t be as easy as some think. -8 point is very damaging if we don’t hit the ground running.

My prediction is that we'll finish between 10th - 15th.

I would say that's sensible. Higher would be a bonus. I think a couple of years hanging in the lower half will probably be about right. The signings made don't scream 'promotion candidates' and the drip of Hughes, Whatmough, Lang et al, leaving over the next couple of seasons will re-enforce that. The absolute key now is sustainability. Success on the field is now in the unusual position of being secondary to success off the field. The key point is that come August, Wigan Athletic start the season playing league football and not The North West Counties League.