Prince DEAD. | Vital Football

Prince DEAD.

[ImG=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a4/09/14/a4091451cad93c60e1dc2f2543cb4173.jpg]

The speculation is that he died due to untreated (on account of his Jahovas witness religion), HIV infection. Religious dogma stinks!

Having trouble absorbing this info, he was probably the most gifted and certainly the most prolific artist of our times. Bowie may have been the bigger star but Prince was infinitely more talented than Jackson who relied on star producers and writers. Prince did it all, including playing all the instruments on many of his albums.

He also provided me with one of the greatest gigs I've ever seen - the last tour with the Revolution. I was fanatical enough to see him 5 or 6 times. Never done that with any other artist. EAch show was fantastic and the same song frequently totally reworked live. His ability with a guitar puts him right up there with the Hendrixs, Becks and Claptons, people dont realise that.

And his dancing whilst playing, and singing made for electrifying shows. A true legend

If we have to lose another major celebrity soon can it be Michael MacIntyre or some other nomark?

I won't profess to be a massive fan but like most, I like his most famous songs and can fully appreciate his amazing talent. 57 is no age at all.

Absolutely hated his music. Rumours are HIV no treatment due to religious beliefs. First of all don't catch HIV, second don't have stupid beliefs, no sympathy sorry. That is if rumours are correct.

Nick Real Deal - 22/4/2016 10:05

Absolutely hated his music. Rumours are HIV no treatment due to religious beliefs. First of all don't catch HIV, second don't have stupid beliefs, no sympathy sorry. That is if rumours are correct.

First of all don't catch HIV ? Do you realise how many people are living with that condition or how many have died of it over the last 35 years or so? What a sanctimonious comment to make; why not just post RIP?

Five foot two titan. Bloke was a bonafide genius and that word is thrown around far to freely. One of the few artist and about the last one left I'd cross the road to watch perform.

"First of all don't catch HIV"
Laugh the fuck out loud! ! Seen as it's awards season can we not have like one for stupid? With nominations and an actual mug. Like vital spurs dumb ass post of year 2015 -16

spursgirl_4_life - 22/4/2016 12:37

Did I miss the bit where it has been confirmed that he even had HIV?
No mate its purely speculation on a site I'm following- nothing confirmed and I notice that drugs overdose has been thrown in to the mix.

BigBoxOffice - 22/4/2016 12:48

spursgirl_4_life - 22/4/2016 12:37

Did I miss the bit where it has been confirmed that he even had HIV?
No mate its purely speculation on a site I'm following- nothing confirmed and I notice that drugs overdose has been thrown in to the mix.

Oh I know, it was more a rhetorical question.

I doubt it was drugs, not saying he never dabbled (" I've got a lion/line in my pocket and baby, its waiting to roar") BUT he was well known for firing anybody doing drugs in his bands

As Don says he is/was a bonafide genius, a legend, a true star. If you say you dont like his music that's your opinion but you are effectively saying you dont like pop, rock, funk, soul and jazz as he was great at all of them. And dont forget writing other songs like Manic Monday and Nothing Compare 2 U.

One of my most prized possessions is an aftershow show bootleg recording with things like DMSR, a mash up of Parliament and best of all - a truly incandescent version of the Temps Just MY Imagination with a spectacular guitar solo which always, always blows people away. I expect a couple of my DJ mates will be ending their sets with it over the weekend.

I will be retreating into my cellar to crank up several hours of associated Prince tracks tonight.

As for HIV, may be true, may not but God knows he fucked 100s of incredibly fit women. Probably men too - he was LGBT/X long before that irritating term was thought of. So what?

Heard a guy on 5Live this morning who arranged tons of stuff for Prince, he reckons only about a third of his material has been released and that there is loads of awesome instrumental jams (one on my bootleg btw). Word is he has a clause in his Will saying it all gets destroyed on his death which is a real shame. I'd kill for a selection of those!

And I tried and tried when I was in the music biz but I never got to one of his many post show shows in small clubs. He did them all the time, music just coursed thru him - he loved playing and creating more than any other musician I can think of.

Well done. This is the most amount of different ways i've seen one person prove themselves tasteless in a single paragraph.

ahx00 - 22/4/2016 15:57

Well done. This is the most amount of different ways i've seen one person prove themselves tasteless in a single paragraph.

The freeverning standard tonight has gone with the drugs overdose theory; this because Prince was recently given an emergency opiates recovery shot.

As to nick real deal, he's not tasteless but a first classed **** of the highest order!

ST2 - 22/4/2016 13:16

I doubt it was drugs, not saying he never dabbled (" I've got a lion/line in my pocket and baby, its waiting to roar") BUT he was well known for firing anybody doing drugs in his bands

As Don says he is/was a bonafide genius, a legend, a true star. If you say you dont like his music that's your opinion but you are effectively saying you dont like pop, rock, funk, soul and jazz as he was great at all of them. And dont forget writing other songs like Manic Monday and Nothing Compare 2 U.

One of my most prized possessions is an aftershow show bootleg recording with things like DMSR, a mash up of Parliament and best of all - a truly incandescent version of the Temps Just MY Imagination with a spectacular guitar solo which always, always blows people away. I expect a couple of my DJ mates will be ending their sets with it over the weekend.

I will be retreating into my cellar to crank up several hours of associated Prince tracks tonight.

As for HIV, may be true, may not but God knows he fucked 100s of incredibly fit women. Probably men too - he was LGBT/X long before that irritating term was thought of. So what?

Heard a guy on 5Live this morning who arranged tons of stuff for Prince, he reckons only about a third of his material has been released and that there is loads of awesome instrumental jams (one on my bootleg btw). Word is he has a clause in his Will saying it all gets destroyed on his death which is a real shame. I'd kill for a selection of those!

And I tried and tried when I was in the music biz but I never got to one of his many post show shows in small clubs. He did them all the time, music just coursed thru him - he loved playing and creating more than any other musician I can think of.

:14: :1: :1: