Previous 6 managers to Bruce all currently out of work | Vital Football

Previous 6 managers to Bruce all currently out of work

tarzansbrother

Vital Football Hero
Apologies if posted but just reading how previous managers to Bruce are all out of work.

Just shows what tough job the Villa hot seat is and can have an adverse effect to your career.

Let’s hope Bruce bucks the trend.

Trying to think of the 6.

I think Houllier is working as head of scouting for the various red bull teams around the world. Remi Garde is probably still in therapy trying to forget he ever heard of Lescott or Gabby. I've seen Sherwood talking himself up for various jobs but non ones buying his line of bullshit anymore. RDM is probably waiting till people forget he was ever with us. Lambert and McLeish are both simply useless.

I think Lambert and McLeish will be eyeing up the Rangers and Sunderland jobs. They are about their level.

Says it all
The likes of Sherwood RDM Garde should of been nowhere near the job
Lambert wasn't qualified either, Eck was just a wind up by Lerner
Houllier was past it , obsessed with Liverpool and not healthy

Pretty common for managers to drop out. There's a lot of competition, you need a lot of success to keep at it, and very few do it for a long time. Houllier has always had a job when he wanted it.

Very few managers had a long career after working for Deadly.

In fairness, Sherwood, Garde and RDM were all very inexperienced. The job was way too big for them.

I don't know what to make of McLeish. He was rubbish. He was rubbish before he came to us and we all knew it. I felt sorry for him in the end. What Randy was thinking, I'll never know.

Houllier is just a bullshitter. He's a total fraud. Another joke appointment by Randy.

Lambert is the only one I still rate. Surviving 3 years in Randy's whirlpool is quite an achievement. The bomb squad thing is a huge black mark against his name but he never had a chance here with Randy's cost cutting.

Randy should have made McAllister manager with Houllier DOF. He knew who the wasters were and they'd have gone, and he had enough contacts to replace them with decent players at not too high a price. Think of it, Gabby out 6 years ago!

Yes the last few games of that season we played some decent football with McCallister as manager/head coach.

There are very few (if any) managers in my lifetime that have left the Villa and gone to “better times.” The exceptions are probably Tommy Docherty (Man Utd), Graham Taylor (although his club management never hit the same heights), and Martin O’Neill (same as Taylor). The vast majority have never even come close to reaching the same level again. The last six are the obvious examples, but you can also throw in BFR, Little, Gregory, Turner, McNeill (though he did have a spell at Celtic I believe), Barton, Venglos, Saunders, O’leary, Crowe.....
It’s the old adage of “you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone.” We are a massive club (as Bruce rightly points out) with a highly expectant fan-base, and not many jobs in English football come any bigger (and therefore more challenging).

We've appointed wrong guys at the wrong time, managers who were destined to fail from the moment they initially strode through the Villa Park entrance door, mainly due to incompatibility and/or ability issues, the majority arguably simply not up to the task, guys whose appointment had us shaking our head because the owner/boards actions in appointing them simply beggared belief.

The latter Lerner years certainly have a lot to answer for.

At least we now have a manager in place who complements exactly where we are as a club, a manager who inherited an absolute shambles of a dressing room, but who is showing slowly but surely that he has the wherewithal, the knowledge, the ability to get us back on track, and more importantly, back into the top flight. Yes, he's maligned by many, but few can surely argue that he's getting the job done, despite set backs we've suffered, and setbacks that will inevitably raise their ugly head in the months ahead.

I see that Remi Garde is still chasing after another managerial position, two years plus after we to one's great relief we sent him packing from Villa Park. Supposedly highly thought of in his native land, and by Arsene Wenger, inheriting the managerial position at Birmingham B6 hasn't done him any favours.

No, the Randy Lerner era scarred a few hopeful managers resumes, that's for sure.

Still, I regret that I don't have too much sympathy for their lot. The Randolph Lerner chapter nearly brought the club to its knees, and left us the supporters pretty damn scarred too.

We though couldn't just walk away.

Still chaps, those little green shoots of revival that are slowly beginning to appear suggest that better days lay ahead. We can but hope.

Up The Villa, and Viva Vital Villa.