President Trump | Vital Football

President Trump

Old Red Fart

Vital Champions League
itto has already cleared the deck with this fellow but unless you're a Jew it's probably worth another session. Not that differences in the Middle East are anything new but this latest move of the American President is a sure sign to aggravate an existing serious problem with no end in sight.
In addition to this Australia is now within reach of N. Koreas nuclear warheads and it only needs Trump to put his foot right into it to put us over here into serious trouble.

I think the Americans will eventually get rid of him but how long is it going to take ?

Hopefully, by the next election. Not much can done until then unless they discover that he is a serial killer

He and Pence are fascists, (im)pure and simple.
This really has to stop.

?? The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the nation’s top public health agency from using a list of seven words or phrases in any official documents being prepared for next year’s budget.

That list of forbidden words? Evidence-based, science-based, vulnerable, entitlement, diversity, transgender, and fetus.

"The reaction of people in the meeting was “incredulous,” the analyst said. "It was very much, ‘Are you serious? Are you kidding?’

'In my experience, we’ve never had any pushback from an ideological standpoint,' the analyst said."

#NotTheOnion ??

Time for some critical thinking fellas.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg23631563-900-the-world-urgently-needs-critical-thinking-not-gut-feeling/?utm_campaign=RSS%7CNSNS&utm_source=NSNS&utm_medium=RSS&campaign_id=RSS%7CNSNS-

New Scientist finally getting on board with what I was saying in the run up to the thought-deficient referendum.

in_the_top_one - 16/12/2017 09:48

He and Pence are fascists, (im)pure and simple.
This really has to stop.

?? The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the nation’s top public health agency from using a list of seven words or phrases in any official documents being prepared for next year’s budget.

That list of forbidden words? Evidence-based, science-based, vulnerable, entitlement, diversity, transgender, and fetus.

"The reaction of people in the meeting was “incredulous,” the analyst said. "It was very much, ‘Are you serious? Are you kidding?’

'In my experience, we’ve never had any pushback from an ideological standpoint,' the analyst said."

#NotTheOnion ??

They are both bonkers. Pence is especially dangerous. Maybe more so than Trump. The fact that the word fetus is included would not surprise me if they start investigating an abortion ban.

They are the biggest threat to the US Nation Security

Yes. Certainly in the short term.

Medium and long term it's climate change: the "threat multiplier", in the words of pentagon chiefs.

Increasingly looks like Trump is Pence's puppet. Grim. Best we can hope for is a proper thumping in the mid terms and a lame duck presidency until sanity is restored.

in_the_top_one - 19/12/2017 10:25

Yes. Certainly in the short term.

Medium and long term it's climate change: the "threat multiplier", in the words of pentagon chiefs.

Increasingly looks like Trump is Pence's puppet. Grim. Best we can hope for is a proper thumping in the mid terms and a lame duck presidency until sanity is restored.

True. However, in order for sanity to be restored a credible opponent from either side needs to be in place. Otherwise, they'll get another 4yrs.

[shudders]

I doubt he will be seriously challenged by the gop unless meuller gains even more traction. Just hoping he can take them both out, if not through impeachment (or better still prison!) then with enough information to make them totally unelectable at the usual time.

The Americans also really need to reinstate an auditable voting process in all states or an embarrassing rigged election is going to happen sooner or later. That situation breeds Trumps and allows fake news to be leveraged. It's already at the point where the vote can't be fully trusted but the voices calling for a better process aren't being heard, for one reason or another...

in_the_top_one - 19/12/2017 19:16

[shudders]

I doubt he will be seriously challenged by the gop unless meuller gains even more traction. Just hoping he can take them both out, if not through impeachment (or better still prison!) then with enough information to make them totally unelectable at the usual time.

The Americans also really need to reinstate an auditable voting process in all states or an embarrassing rigged election is going to happen sooner or later. That situation breeds Trumps and allows fake news to be leveraged. It's already at the point where the vote can't be fully trusted but the voices calling for a better process aren't being heard, for one reason or another...

Any voting process that has its roots in an ideology that a section of the population is considered 3/5 a human being is racist and needs to be put to pasture. It is crazy that an election is determined by a few small states on a consistent basis. What is the point in the majority of the country voting?

I do hope that Mueller pulls the rabbit out of the bag and does us all a favour.

Hear that Trump has just announced that his nuclear button is bigger than N. Koreas. This from the richest nation on earth.

Help.

Doesn't matter how big the button is, it still need to be connected to something.
I suspect Trump's is to a Diet Coke machine.....Kim's on the other hand......

Isn't it a little surreal when Kim seems to be more stable than POTUS?

You wouldn't normally give it credence but he's still there.

Wouldn't mind getting a look at the book that he's trying to stop, maybe we'll get a smell some time soon.

Old Red Fart - 3/1/2018 10:36

Hear that Trump has just announced that his nuclear button is bigger than N. Koreas. This from the richest nation on earth.

Help.

"This from the richest nation on earth."

USA comes in at number 13 on the list of richest countries based on GPD per capita

Unbelievable number of homeless on the streets of San Francisco last week. My third visit to that (otherwise terrific) city and it just gets worse and worse. This time they were head to toe lining many of the long streets downtown.
Moreover, they aren't just homeless, they're often disabled (or at least with severe difficulties in walking), and totally incoherent. Either mental health problems, drug problems or both - often one caused by the other. Such a huge problem. And I thought London was bad.
At least Trump has recognised this and appointed an opiod tsar - hope they can effect change for the better.

They have a very hard job in front of them. A few months ago a large group of homeless folk took occupation of the central square in the Sydney CBD, including tents, sleeping gear, and even a makeshift food bar. For a while nobody knew the best way to deal with the situation and in the meantime the occupants made some of their wishes known. One of the main reasons was their wish for housing of some sort, this regardless of the fact that Sydney already has a very long list of people needing housing or at least shelter.
At some point it turned out that they had a leader who turned out to be a New Zealander with no job but 6 kids to assorted mothers. It did raise a smile of sorts. But as for solutions, I doubt that there is one since a good many of the homeless seem to have mental and/or drug problems and also don't seem to want to be housed out in the sticks, preferring to stay in the big city.
I did hear recently that the problem was recurring but in any case it's not gone away, just moved to other locations. I have the impression that to m,any of these folk it's more of a lifestyle choice and if that's correct doubt that we can fix it'

Good luck to Trump and his appointee, be interesting to see if there is any result or if it's a case of him just blowing in the wind.

Just watching TV and heard that Trump has cancelled his visit to the U.K. Hope it's not because any of you lot were going to be unpleasant.

Old Red Fart - 13/1/2018 07:36

Just watching TV and heard that Trump has cancelled his visit to the U.K. Hope it's not because any of you lot were going to be unpleasant.
It clearly is for exactly that reason.
:19: :35: :18: