Premiership matches to be paused for Ramadan | Vital Football

Premiership matches to be paused for Ramadan

Then the Good Friday Catholic and High Anglican Fasters will want their break plus reparations for decades of pain.

Our school made an general announcement regarding students and being aware of fasting over Ramadan. Then requests from students for absences and deferrals from tests on these grounds appeared. I was not aware of them before. Today I got my first request for absence on Good Friday citing religious grounds. On the individual level, I'm fine with it and make adjustments -Lord knows I do it for kicking balls and playing instruments and feeling stressed- but at another level, its the rise of sectarianism in the public space.

Our school made an general announcement regarding students and being aware of fasting over Ramadan. Then requests from students for absences and deferrals from tests on these grounds appeared.

Did the Muslim students get exemptions from the tests?

and is this bad thing? What is your problem? I think we have tolerant society that recognises both human (player) welfare and religious beliefs. Nearly &% of the UK population is Muslim
Tolerance for beliefs is one thing.
(Although whether religious beliefs should be given special privileges over other beliefs seems at odds with "equality".)

Tolerance for cultural practices should be separate and conditional not absolute.
Why should one set of cultural practices trump another set of practices - based on the former claiming religious justification ?
How is that consistent with "equality" (or "tolerance") ?

If a response is to say that the requested break is "no big deal", why is football is dragging its heals over 'concussion substitutes' ?
The latter at least have an objective justication unlike those other breaks.

Last edited:
The orchestrated replacement of our culture continues.

Whos making you fast or be a Muslim, its called a choice. I love living in a free country where people can choose (or decline) their religion and be respected. Its gonna be a quick break that affects no one. We have drinks breaks all the time.

Sorry some brown people from a land far away make you so uncomfortable. Do you know anyone who lives in another country that they didn't grow up in the culture of and probably still do English things despite being in a foreign land. Awful if an English person inflicted that on the Spanish.

Tolerance for beliefs is one thing.
(Although whether religious beliefs should be given special privileges over other beliefs seems at odds with "equality".)

Tolerance for cultural practices should be separate and conditional not absolute.
Why should one set of cultural practices trump another set of practices - based on the former claiming religious justification ?
How is that consistent with "equality" (or "tolerance") ?

If a response is to say that the requested break is "no big deal", why is football is dragging its heals over 'concussion substitutes' ?
The latter at least have an objective justication unlike those other breaks.

If it harms or trumps others then no it shouldnt happen but if it affects no one, doesnt hurt anyone and is just respecting someones views and ways then its fine.

Two wrongs dont make a right. You are spot on though that concussion subs not being a thing by now is beyond a joke. Health is paramount.

Id hope if I lived in another country id be respected if what I did affected no one else.

Can someone tell Graham Westley or Steve Evans that drinks breaks are offending the anti-islams?

Ta.

You know the whole Christian thing is from the middle east right and was imported, .

Not much left of it there, though.

We Catholics and other oddities used to have an opt out from the religious bit of Assembly at GGS. Marched in after the hymns for the announcements. Talk about making us separate! But our call, not the school’s.

Isn’t asking for a drinks break on the grounds of the possible consequence of religious observance bit naff?

Whos making you fast or be a Muslim, its called a choice. I love living in a free country where people can choose (or decline) their religion and be respected. Its gonna be a quick break that affects no one. We have drinks breaks all the time.
Kind of, but the question is whether we will still be living in a free country where we can choose (or decline) a religion in 30 years time?

I work in a multi ethnic department, where there is mandatory 2 days in the office per week. My Muslim colleagues are exempt this month as they are observing Ramadan, so it is just white, blacks and Indians that are coming in. It costs me £400 per month in train fare and station parking!

Ha! Nice spot of :fish: for some pitchforks and flaming torches 3x6.
See you caught a couple.
😄

I actually thought it was interesting though - are professional footballers really going to be able to perform at their maximum at 7.45pm if they haven't eaten or drunk anything since early morning?

The article that I linked said that the French FA weren't making similar concessions. They do things different in France

Kind of, but the question is whether we will still be living in a free country where we can choose (or decline) a religion in 30 years time?

Isn't that what the progressives want ?
A replacement of the people ?
Maybe the UK's Christians , homosexuals , women etc , will not have any issues under sharia ?