Predictions & Match Thread: Czech Republic v England | Vital Football

Predictions & Match Thread: Czech Republic v England

EGnPD0JX0AAAgix

Pity Bostwick is injured or could have been in line for a call up, judging by the defending so far. Shackell probably waiting for the call instead.

Well, that was a really poor first half. Surely England can't play as bad as that in the second?

The signs are better this half, although Kane appears to be a better centre-back than either Maguire or Keane, or possibly them both combined...

Czechs 2-1 up. That goal was coming. Scored by The Cobra! No idea why he's called that.

The referee should have stopped the game. I thought he made some really poor decisions tonight.

Of course, England were poor, too.

The referee should have stopped the game. I thought he made some really poor decisions tonight.

Of course, England were poor, too.
He certainly let them get away with dropping to the floor at every opportunity. But yes, England didn't help themselves. So many misplaced passes!

Absolute dross, may as well have put Rheady on up front instead of Tammy ..... hooooof!

Remind me how Southgate managed to become a ‘Sir’ again please somebody? ?

Kane takes a good penalty. Overrated otherwise.
A little harsh I feel, I would say his game is actually evolving (see how much he is involved in hold up and link play now rather than out and out CF - dare I even say becoming Rheadesque) and along with Sterling they are our only 2 players that would currently get near the starting 11 of the best world teams. Our defensive options bar the RB position are worryingly bare and I can't see anyone on the horizon for those positions. We do have some half promising young midfielders and it is to be hoped that some of them can develop into international quality players in time.

I think Kane getting involved in the build up play was because if he stayed at centre forward he would never have seen the ball, he was having to come back into midfield to find it.