Predicted finish in the league. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Predicted finish in the league.

I know you'll all be eagerly awaiting my always accurate prediction, so here it is...
13th - 16th but I'll be disappointed with 16th I have to say.
I see no reason for pessimism with the squad we have at the club right now, but I'm not expecting great things either. We'll all have to accept we will lose games of football this year. It would be nice if people keep their heads when we do. I won't hold my breath.

If it turns out that Cook is indeed destined for greatness, then who knows we may even have a challenge for the play offs.

Of course it could all change in January. There is no indication that the new owners are going to fund a meteoric second rising, but if they do we'll be in a good spot to make that challenge.

I go into the new season with little confidence...I suppose after today's match that feeling will either have substance or just early season jittery bollocks and I hope it's the latter.

Either way I would accept 21st right now in what I believe is a huge transitional year. Survive and we may just kick on but drop and I doubt we can mount a 3rd successful league 1 campaign.

Up the tics.

It's so hard to judge until we see who is in and not when the window shuts for all the sides. But if i had to do a somewhat blind guess I'm thinking that we will flirt with the edge of the relegation battle without being dragged into it properly over the season. I'm thinking something like 19th but it's hard to call this year could easily be better or worse depending on the variables.

As Hindley says its a transition year with the takeover the challenge is not let the inevitable disruption off the field cost us on it.

17th after a poor first half of the season spent mostly in the bottom 4 followed by a strong second half to the season.

If that was the bench mark for performances and take into account the ridiculously young average age of the defence that will only get better and 4 debutants, then we'll be a lot closer to the top than bottom.

Can see our high pressing, high intensity game surprising a lot of teams.

A complete contrast to the previous two spells in this league, we have pace and power all over the side.

After that...……Play off Contenders. No wait a minute "one swallow doesn't make a summer". Lets see what the next couple of games are like. Seriously if we can continue to play as we have today I am confident we can easily stay mid table.

If that was the bench mark for performances and take into account the ridiculously young average age of the defence that will only get better and 4 debutants, then we'll be a lot closer to the top than bottom.

Can see our high pressing, high intensity game surprising a lot of teams.

A complete contrast to the previous two spells in this league, we have pace and power all over the side.

The pace and power part is spot on - I'd also throw in penetration with Robinson, Massey, Powell, Jacobs all running at and beating their men as often as possible.

As someone else said if that is the benchmark i think we'll all need to review our expectations. But i remember a few years ago we blew Villa away at Villa park in the opening game and followed it up with an diabolical loss at home to newly promoted and quite frankly rubbish Wolves and went on to have a pretty rotten season. So let's just hope that yesterday wasn't a false dawn and the sign of things to come!

We can go to Villa and get something for sure , we do need Burn back though just to steady things a bit back there ..

Thought it might be the right time to remind ourselves what our early season predictions were and hopefully it might put a little perspective on the first half. I think if we had been told we would be sitting 19th, six points above the relegation zone most of us would have taken that.

Merry Christmas one and all

I still think Bolton will be bottom and then at least Ipswich, Millwall & Rotherham below us.