pre-season - games and ins/outs | Page 8 | Vital Football

pre-season - games and ins/outs

i thought commons was just a precaution and a slight niggle like a twisted ankle. i know it wont be easy v helsinki thats why i say a 2-1 win at home but they are pretty poor, some bhoys watched them play away from home against honka in the league where they were shite and lost 1-0 but we are just as bad in europe of late. want to see a packed paradise and an amazing atmosphere like we had in the qualifier v cska moscow

They are apparently very difficult to break down, even away from home, they have pace on the break so we need to watch that. We need a good amount of goals on Wednesday night to take over to Helsinki to then defend the lead.

Lennon said that there is more concern over Commons than there is over Stokes (whether that is based on how important he feels he is to the team I'm not sure). The next couple of days will be key for both of them, Commons tweeted last night that his ankle was swollen. If he can get the swelling down and do a bit of training, he might make the game, the question might be whether he starts or not. Stokes I haven't heard how he is but it seems it might just be a knock or niggle and not too serious after all, it may have been initial pain which wore off a short time later.

It seems Rubin Kazan have dropped their interest in Ki as they have gone and signed another 2 midfielders instead, one 20 year old and one 33 year old.

Other news suggests Man Utd have prepared a detailed report on Wanyama and are preparing to make a bid but will watch him in the upcoming qualifiers before making a decision. It is believed an offer of £8m after our fate in Europe has been decided would be enough to seal a deal.

Meanwhile half time at Brechin City and it's 1-1 in the Ramsdens Cup game against Rangers! GO ON BRECHIN!!!!!

Being linked with James Vaughan.......again! Apparently Lennon wants him on a 1 year loan deal, only missed out on him last season because of a "red tape issue", he struggled after his £1m move because of a knee injury and new Norwich boss Chris Hughton is prepared to let him leave on loan.

I'd really rather we didn't bother! I get the feeling the loan market is one we will try to exploit this summer unless we get a very good offer for one of our top stars!

I hate to correct both of you,but,it's THE FISH SUPPER CUP. :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19

DavidT_CFC - 30/7/2012 20:16

wee_od_88 - 29/7/2012 15:56

Meanwhile half time at Brechin City and it's 1-1 in the Ramsdens Cup game against <b>Sevco 5088</b> GO ON BRECHIN!!!!!

Had to correct you od :emoticon:17

What did I call them? Why Sevco 5088??? Have I missed something? :emoticon:33

Martin Jol says that Rafik Halliche is available for loan........watch us go get him! Or at least I hope we do! Jol wanted to keep him because he sees his qualities but unfortunately Fulham have several CBs and Halliche needs the game time so Jol is ready to let him leave to go and get that. He is an international CB and they will be looking for a club at the right sort of level for a player of his ability. Who better than us? IF we still want him!

Jimmy Jimmy G - 30/7/2012 21:48

I hate to correct both of you,but,it's THE FISH SUPPER CUP. :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19

:emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19

Latest Celtic News