Pre-Match View From Coventry | Vital Football

Pre-Match View From Coventry

Dirty, uncouth cloggers it is then with Billy leading the commando assault.

That 1987 cup win era must be where they all still live. Must be old age but I'm struggling to recall all their other glory years.

Last edited:
'Billy Sharp has scored in every match day minute, 1 to 90 except the 5th minute'

Get your money on a 5th minute goal from Billy then!

That 1987 cup win era must be where they all still live. Must be old age but I'm struggling to recall all their other glory years.
I'm always surprised why opposition fans label us as big and powerful when I think the truth is that inch for inch and pound for pound we're probably one of the smallest and lightest teams in the division. We looked like a youth team playing against Forest.

I'm always surprised why opposition fans label us as big and powerful when I think the truth is that inch for inch and pound for pound we're probably one of the smallest and lightest teams in the division. We looked like a youth team playing against Forest.
True GB, it's a lazy stereotype stigma that we've had for years, deserved or not. When you look at some teams it's like Land of the Giants - with us it must be the stripes, they are so slimming:p but, to me, only Sander looks of a real size and power- and he doesn't use it.

It's a bit like Dirty Leeds...........................................................................except they've never changed:lol:

True GB, it's a lazy stereotype stigma that we've had for years, deserved or not. When you look at some teams it's like Land of the Giants - with us it must be the stripes, they are so slimming:p but, to me, only Sander looks of a real size and power- and he doesn't use it.

It's a bit like Dirty Leeds...........................................................................except they've never changed:lol:
I think a lot of the comments we get are down to the fact that Roy's 'view from' is pretty well known now on social media and some opposing fans see it as an opportunity to get the first virtual punch in... assisted of course by the odd whiff of Pork on some forums.

With all due respect, who the hell would sit down and work that out...?
That’s exactly what I thought. Hell of a job but now it’s out there I’ll be surprised if we don’t see a Sky ‘players who’ve scored most goals in every minute of a game’ table at the bottom left of the telly screen during a game pretty soon. Let’s face it, they seem to have got bleedin’ tables for everything else!

That’s exactly what I thought. Hell of a job but now it’s out there I’ll be surprised if we don’t see a Sky ‘players who’ve scored most goals in every minute of a game’ table at the bottom left of the telly screen during a game pretty soon. Let’s face it, they seem to have got bleedin’ tables for everything else!
They've already listed all of McPub's - you just can't see it behind the Sky logo:eek:

Where the fck did that come from why all the hate 🤷‍♂️ Coventry are a nothing club to me with no big games against them apart from a cup game light yrs ago one club city but smaller than both us and our massive neighbours

To be fair they had 34 consecutive years in the top division 1967-2001,that's a helluva spell TT. UTB

Where the fck did that come from why all the hate 🤷‍♂️ Coventry are a nothing club to me with no big games against them apart from a cup game light yrs ago one club city but smaller than both us and our massive neighbours

Some lingering resentment from the 2016 game perhaps. We were quite rightly focused on promotion and weren't supportive of their protest shenanigans.

It's not reciprocal though, Coventry doesn't stir any emotions in me at all.

Some lingering resentment from the 2016 game perhaps. We were quite rightly focused on promotion and weren't supportive of their protest shenanigans.

It's not reciprocal though, Coventry doesn't stir any emotions in me at all.

Jimmy Hill
Playing in a really cool away kit of black and green stripes, and the crap blue one with the armpit to groin stripes.
That goal from a free kick when he flicked it up with his ankles
John Sillett with a plastic hat on after winning the FA Cup.
Getting into a horrible mess with the ground and the owners

My five stand out memories of Coventry.

Jimmy Hill
Playing in a really cool away kit of black and green stripes, and the crap blue one with the armpit to groin stripes.
That goal from a free kick when he flicked it up with his ankles
John Sillett with a plastic hat on after winning the FA Cup.
Getting into a horrible mess with the ground and the owners

My five stand out memories of Coventry.
Wasn't it Ernie Hunt who volleyed that flick up into the net?
Couple of memories of that 1987 Cup win with the Keith Houchen header.
A mate was manager of their cup final hotel, Selsden Park, and they weren't expecting the win and were drinking champagne like water so much so that they ran out pretty quickly and so my mate, going against company policy, sent out to the local off licences and bought as much as he could, which they duly consumed.
On submitting his petty cash claim for the £100's he had spent, having made the hotel £1000's, he was summoned to Head Office where he got a bollocking and almost lost his job for exceeding the authorized petty cash limit of £50!
Second one was on holiday in Greece and sat round the pool was a chap with a, so I thought, replica shirt of the game. We got chatting and it transpired he had been the Chief football reporter for the local paper and the shirt was one actually worn in the final given to him by the club.He told me that they damaged the cup badly when thrown around the hotel, John Sillett's coordination had gone:guiness:, and had great trouble at the time keeping the damage, and the repair secret.

Wasn't it Ernie Hunt who volleyed that flick up into the net?
Couple of memories of that 1987 Cup win with the Keith Houchen header.
A mate was manager of their cup final hotel, Selsden Park, and they weren't expecting the win and were drinking champagne like water so much so that they ran out pretty quickly and so my mate, going against company policy, sent out to the local off licences and bought as much as he could, which they duly consumed.
On submitting his petty cash claim for the £100's he had spent, having made the hotel £1000's, he was summoned to Head Office where he got a bollocking and almost lost his job for exceeding the authorized petty cash limit of £50!
Second one was on holiday in Greece and sat round the pool was a chap with a, so I thought, replica shirt of the game. We got chatting and it transpired he had been the Chief football reporter for the local paper and the shirt was one actually worn in the final given to him by the club.He told me that they damaged the cup badly when thrown around the hotel, John Sillett's coordination had gone:guiness:, and had great trouble at the time keeping the damage, and the repair secret.
Ernie Hunt and Willie Carr were the 2 players involved in that goal i think.UTB