'Pool v Murderers Official Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

'Pool v Murderers Official Thread

Good entertaining game today I think we can all agree. Funny as Critch walked over to the North and was not going to fist pump and turned away but then went back when encouraged by fans. He has clearly picked up on criticism
And so he should pick up on criticism and press his reset button.

Former England and Queens Park Rangers forward Stan Bowles has died aged 75.
Bowles, who had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, played more than 560 games in English football and was capped five times by England.

That's an awful lot of headers and head knocks.

RIP Stan--Bowles

@SeasideEssexXile was it Thomason who you said was the Horwich player you wouldn't mind in our team? I thought he was very good. A bit of a knob though coming over to our fans trying to wind us up after he scored. I made sure I was by the tunnel to give him some back at the final whistle! 🤣

Then there was the Bolton fan in the North Stand who must have been giving it the big un after they scored. He looked a bit wobbly on his feet as he was getting chucked out and had a face covered in blood. Play silly games! 🤦

How good was Gabriel today?
Morning Layton 👋 It was their no8 that I would like in our team - Josh Sheehan.
Always looking to collect the ball from defence and take it forward.
Couple of big saves from Grimmy, crucial.
Just watching the replay on 15mins at 0-1 /they break and play it across from the west, crucial.sliding intervention. Watching it live I thought it was Marv who made it, now seeing it on the telly it was Norburn.

Where was this performance on Tuesday?

Game was played at a frantic pace and a good advert for 3rd div football.

Interesting to hear NC say the half time subs were down to injuries. They are hoping they caught them early.
Joseph- unbelievable running from.this lad. Bit greedy at 4-1 taking a shot whilst CJ was in acres however I don't mind that from.our no9. He's desperate for a goal.that his performances deserve.

Dembele will be snapped up by a championship club, how I would love us to have an option to.buy on him..
Talking of contracts I heard yesterday both Marv and Lavery had been offered contracts but were not signing them.
Marv has been superb and I would love us to sign him up.
Lavery - that million quid we turned down for him from Millwank now looking like a bad decision.

Pennington v Connolly is a non contest for ne.
Pennington nailed that no2 spot.

LB - I'd love us to sign a Bola type defender.

As I nemtioned earlier, just watching the replay Coulson had a tidy game, lots of breaking up of their play.

Pleased for the bee. He has his detractors but thats double figures for him this season. 👍
A league goal every 173mins.

A very pleasing result, their 💩 record at Bloomers continues.
Ironically their last win here on Boxing Day in 78 - I was there.
Neil Whatmore scored twice and the crowd was a lot bigger than the fistul attendance of 26000.
Long may it continue.

That's 2 promotion rivals between in a week, coming from.behind twice.
A £2 bet on Marv each game ge plays certainly puts you in profit.
£1 each on him.to scored first / anytime =££££ over a season.
On to Tuesday and Wellens' in form team...Screenshot_20240224_154945_Sky Bet.jpg

Morning Sexxyboy, these are the performances that frustrate us all. I don't mean the fantastic wins with great performances but the terrible performances with no energy, attacking intent or even a shot on goal v crap opposition, because we know we are better. We have 4 away games in the next 5, so if Critchley is serious about still being in the mix we need a lot more Pompey/Horwich performances.

Both of Grimmy's great saves were made from attempts from a player who was offside. Nice then to see him playing to the whistle rather than holding his arm up and hoping.

All I can say about Norburn was that he wasn't terrible. He stooped down low to head the ball and completely misjudged it and gave it away. And he put a short pass straight at a Horwich player who broke away with it early on. At least he was getting closer to the opposition players. Normally he just stands and watches as they breeze past him.

But overall it was a great game of football, great atmosphere and all it was missing was Evo acknowledging the home support! 🤣

I was right behind Joseph and he had a big gap near post. I think he did the right thing going for goal. It could easily have been blocked as could a pass. He was unlucky too with his turn and shot and the penalty resulted from a certain goal he'd have got anyhow. I watched him how well he handled himself physically with their big lads. He was having none of it, shoving and shrugging them off. He's got some bottle (unlike CJ God bless him).

Pennington played great. I know I've been a bit critical in the past, but until he produces these performances regularly it's hard to tell if he has it. So yes he's proven he has.

Coulson and Lyons equally did well on the left. Thankfully we are not too bad off for injuries so that is a bonus. Lavery seemed to be doing OK too with the physical side of the game, but he doesn't seem to have the explosive pace or the height. There is a half decent player in there and he offers something different from the bench. A very likeable lad and popular too. Talking of which Kouassi was involved with all the goal celebrations. He looks to be a popular character too which bodes well.

Was the game not 1977? I've heard it mentioned on a couple of replays. My Dad wouldn't take me to these games for obvious reasons. I'd have been 12. Although I remember going v Blagburn 1975-76 when I was 10 and being in the NW Stand and the t'Rovers fans were chucking bricks in at us! I remember going to a game mid 80s v them just after Hillsborough and all the stands were full but the stewards said there was still room in the South Paddock so we paid in there and we were squashed in like sardines. Some people were getting very distressed asking if they'd open the gates to the Scratching Sheds. They wouldn't and eventually the weight of the crowd bust the gates open. I think the crowd was given as a bullshit 15k? The stewards admitted they had no idea of how many was in each stand.

I've never been a gambler, I don't understand it, although it seems obvious you've cashed in there!

Dembele again against decent opposition looked great. Against spoilers he's lost. So yes a higher level would definitely suit him. Byers seemed to gee up Norburn. Beesley has the right attitude. He has been plagued with injuries. You can see he's going to get a lot of ankle injuries given his style of play and his build. I was a similar build when competing as a runner and I did.

Hopefully we can now put a run together. 🤣

At the moment it feels like a good win that and always nice when it’s against Bolton.

We need to follow it up now Tuesday at Orient and not completely ruin it with another spineless away showing.

Win Tuesday and we will be one point off Oxford on level games and we are in with a shout.

You’d like to think he will go with the same 11 (injuries aside), I’d be tempted to put Joseph in ahead of Lavery. Morgan hasn’t done a lot wrong recently but Byers looks good and Dembele needs to start.

Morning Layton 👋 It was their no8 that I would like in our team - Josh Sheehan.
Always looking to collect the ball from defence and take it forward.
Couple of big saves from Grimmy, crucial.
Just watching the replay on 15mins at 0-1 /they break and play it across from the west, crucial.sliding intervention. Watching it live I thought it was Marv who made it, now seeing it on the telly it was Norburn.

Where was this performance on Tuesday?

Game was played at a frantic pace and a good advert for 3rd div football.

Interesting to hear NC say the half time subs were down to injuries. They are hoping they caught them early.
Joseph- unbelievable running from.this lad. Bit greedy at 4-1 taking a shot whilst CJ was in acres however I don't mind that from.our no9. He's desperate for a goal.that his performances deserve.

Dembele will be snapped up by a championship club, how I would love us to have an option to.buy on him..
Talking of contracts I heard yesterday both Marv and Lavery had been offered contracts but were not signing them.
Marv has been superb and I would love us to sign him up.
Lavery - that million quid we turned down for him from Millwank now looking like a bad decision.

Pennington v Connolly is a non contest for ne.
Pennington nailed that no2 spot.

LB - I'd love us to sign a Bola type defender.

As I nemtioned earlier, just watching the replay Coulson had a tidy game, lots of breaking up of their play.

Pleased for the bee. He has his detractors but thats double figures for him this season. 👍
A league goal every 173mins.

A very pleasing result, their 💩 record at Bloomers continues.
Ironically their last win here on Boxing Day in 78 - I was there.
Neil Whatmore scored twice and the crowd was a lot bigger than the fistul attendance of 26000.
Long may it continue.

That's 2 promotion rivals between in a week, coming from.behind twice.
A £2 bet on Marv each game ge plays certainly puts you in profit.
£1 each on him.to scored first / anytime =££££ over a season.
On to Tuesday and Wellens' in form team...View attachment 71780

Think you are spot on re the £1m for Lavery, I wouldn’t be too sad if he moved on. Looked decent first season but has been very meh since that. Spends too many games being ineffective for my liking.

Marvin would be a sad loss but not the end of the world, Casey has shown he can step up and obviously we would hope Sassi will be decent down the line.

Absolutely agree that Pennington is miles ahead of Connolly, speaking of the latter if we are to progress the likes of him, Carey, Thompson etc need to be moved on at the end of the season IMO.

Layton and myself don’t agree on a lot but we have both been very sceptical of what Norburn brings to the team, I didn’t see the game yesterday as I was working but I think Byers will bring out the better in him, I think Byers looks a really tidy footballer and will chip in with a few assists/goals. A bit harsh that Morgan will miss out and I never thought I’d be saying that over Christmas when I slated him but he’s been really good since.

Think you also make a good point re Koussai being popular, I think he’s potential and will really push on with us over the next couple of seasons. Look at the improvement with Beesley, both will benefit from having Rhodes about.

Final comment from me that Gabriel has to stay in the side now, sorry CJ but your time is up at wing back, bring him on as a sub with his pace by all means but if we want to progress he’s another that isn’t good enough. Not sure why we have him a new deal.

Typo.on my part Layton it was 77.
My sister was going out with a Bolton fan from Morecambe and was stood in their end of the top.
Remember my old man being worried looking at it, no way was there only 26000 on that day.
Probably the largest last crowd I can remember at Bloomers.

Think Byers is helping Norburn by pucji g uo the ball fro..defence that he invariably did / does.
I've always said he needs to be 20yds further up the pitch.
I always like watching the replays, you see so much more of the wider game than your eyes do when watching it live.
I stuck up a bit for Beesley on the other site, I'm really pleased we have someone who can help Rhodes with the goals workload.
For me JR after missing that pen v Exeter, has had his head down.
I'm looking forward to coming back. Bee, Kouassi will learn from him.