'Pool v Cambridge Match Thread | Vital Football

'Pool v Cambridge Match Thread

Layton_Seasider

Vital Football Hero
Back in the day this game could and probably would have been cancelled. Forecast for this weekend there is a yellow weather warning for gusts up to 70mph, lashing rain, b@st@rd freezing too. We are going to have to hope Critchley considers the conditions when he picks the team. No doubt he'll have Lavery and Dembele up top to receive long balls blowing around in the gales!

I've noticed a bit of kidology from Cambridge reporting that they could have up to 8 "key players" out. But when you read it a few of them have already made their comeback from injury. If we decided to make our own list: Rhodes, Lyons, Coulson, Byers, Morgan, Husband, we are at 6 and if you add Finnigan and Trusty who are also squad players we are at 8. Then we may have a few more with knocks from the last couple of physical games. 🤷 It's football, injuries happen that's why you have a squad. It didn't harm Port Vale (insert lots of others) playing kids against Critchley's negative tactics when they ripped us to shreds.

Upstairs tomorrow. Some consolation from not having a Wembley trip.

I keep getting the emails to upgrade to the Morreti Lounge and the Peroni Lounge. Truth be told I'm finding it increasingly hard to motivate myself to go and watch them for the money I've already layed out. All the usual folk I used to go with aren't there any more. My Dad died, my mate after getting Covid doesn't go out much now due to health issues. His daughter had a kid and doesn't go any more. I do still sit with a lad (who's about 62, funny terminology us northern folk have) I used to work with and another lad (in his 50s!) who I travel to the odd away game with. He's getting divorced so not doing many away games, I'm glad in a way! 🤣

Enjoy anyway. We still have the mathematical chance to cling to but it's a conundrum too far I feel even for mathematical geniuses such as Rachel Riley (God bless her) even!

Back in the day this game could and probably would have been cancelled. Forecast for this weekend there is a yellow weather warning for gusts up to 70mph, lashing rain, b@st@rd freezing too. We are going to have to hope Critchley considers the conditions when he picks the team. No doubt he'll have Lavery and Dembele up top to receive long balls blowing around in the gales!
It'll be very windy but sunny and warm 15-17C according to NW 2night

Cambridge won away Barnsley and home to Wigan last two games whilst our season has ended. I expect an away win today sadly.

I keep getting the emails to upgrade to the Morreti Lounge and the Peroni Lounge. Truth be told I'm finding it increasingly hard to motivate myself to go and watch them for the money I've already layed out. All the usual folk I used to go with aren't there any more. My Dad died, my mate after getting Covid doesn't go out much now due to health issues. His daughter had a kid and doesn't go any more. I do still sit with a lad (who's about 62, funny terminology us northern folk have) I used to work with and another lad (in his 50s!) who I travel to the odd away game with. He's getting divorced so not doing many away games, I'm glad in a way! 🤣

Enjoy anyway. We still have the mathematical chance to cling to but it's a conundrum too far I feel even for mathematical geniuses such as Rachel Riley (God bless her) even!

Rachel Riley could make it easy for you. IF Pool win and all those above us drop points our odds will improve from mathematically unlikely to decent long shot.

Rachel Riley could make it easy for you. IF Pool win and all those above us drop points our odds will improve from mathematically unlikely to decent long shot.

I'm not a gambler but this sets me in mind of people doing fixed odds (or whatever they are called?) where they guess scores and get given odds for each game. So we as a minimum have to hope 3 other teams lose 2 more games than us. In Lincoln's case probably 3 because of their great GD. The odds are already massive. What would be the odds of us alone winning 5 on the bounce?

Crikey we've only scored 1 goal in the last 5 🙁🫣

My Barnsleh mate says injuries have done for them.
As stated Cambridge romped there recently but tykes lost 7 at home whilst this season is their best ever for away form losing only once.
Seasons petered out with a whimper. Should have played strkngest team v Posh in the ldv and Wembley would have helped.
Re; upgrades. No duscount for the box so tickets go spare.
When you consider its a 4 fugured sum ££££ I think the marketing team needs a refresh to incentivise some uptake

Neil Critchley has named his Blackpool side to take on Cambridge United in Sky Bet League One.

Starting XI:
Grimshaw, Pennington, Byers, Carey, Dembele, Coulson, Beesley, Casey, Ekpiteta, Hamilton, Kouassi.

Subs: O'Donnell, Connolly, Husband, Gabriel, Joseph, Virtue, Lavery.

Neil Critchley has named his Blackpool side to take on Cambridge United in Sky Bet League One.

Starting XI:
Grimshaw, Pennington, Byers, Carey, Dembele, Coulson, Beesley, Casey, Ekpiteta, Hamilton, Kouassi.

Subs: O'Donnell, Connolly, Husband, Gabriel, Joseph, Virtue, Lavery.

No Norburn 😎👏🎊🍾🎉🤗😀

It will be like playing with 11 players for a change!

🎊🍾🎉🍻🥂🍾