Pompey v Bury - FOOTBALL TALK!! | Vital Football

Pompey v Bury - FOOTBALL TALK!!

pompeyrug

Alert Team
that illusive win FINALLY came against crewe last weekend, we have a 'decent' chance of making it back-to-back wins when we face bury this weekend, but will we?

what are we thinking guys?

share your thoughts pre (during) and post match here...

I am buoyed after a decent performance at Crewe and have a mixed emotion to the bookies prices for this game
I hoped we night still be a decent price for the game as we had been for all recent games but we are back to being favourites at home again after one good win
Hope the bookies are right! Would be great to win a game at Fratton for a change

I would ask everyone going to really get behind the lads - the MK Dons keeper did not enjoy his visit and i would like other keepers to feel total unease when defending the Fratton End as that can transmit through the rest of the team

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16497" target="blank"><b>Click here to make your prediction: Pompey v Bury</b></a>.

the last time we beat crewe we followed that up with another win, which turned out to be our last win until we beat crewe last weekend...

an omen?

bury are a team that i reckon we can beat, but we have felt that about a good few others already this season but we surely have confidence now and the pressure has been released by getting that win.

But many on here have felt it ''because they should'' feel that we should beat teams
I do ,genuinely,have some hope again this time
I won't play the praying card as i am not going to the well too often but i hope i won't need it this time

I'm really looking forward to this one.

Unfortunately I have Rug staying over this weekend, so if anyone wants Rug to buy them a beer, meet us in the Rutland at about 1:30!!

Looks like we've lost a couple of loanees. Is a shame, because we could do with a settled side, but in our situation we just have to roll with the punches on that.

I can see a 2-nil Pompey win.

Am surprised by that "favourite" tag Mart, but I suppose we have had a few draws & a win, so form-wise we aren't as shambolic as it may seem.

I was not impressed by Bury earlier in the season so am full of confidence.

Aye, I think the tide is turning for Pompey on and off the pitch. Victory against a struggling Bury me thinks. Reports in Independent newspaper i is Bury not even paying some of their players.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it FACT??

Yes, it feels like the tide may just be turning in Pompey's favour...

Surely it has to be a win with big Pat staying on and all the better vibes! Gutted I'm away and will miss it as I think there will be a good atmosphere and 2-0 win!

Should be a good performance, last week would have boosted confidence all round and we need this win. Unable to go as,yet again, I'm working at the Daily Echo, oh the irony!

What a 2nd half???

First half was instantly forgettable, but the 2nd half was awesome.

Free flowing, confident. What a performance??

I know Bury are shite, but I think a lot would have struggled with us today.

Let's hope we can do that against Orient.

Good-feel week continues!! Trust march on off the pitch. Pompey march on on it.

awful 1st half but what a difference a 15-min break made - once we got the ball on the deck and passed it around it made a huge difference.

connolly is a different class. injuries have always been his problem but if he can stay injury free and the deal best suits us i would keep him next season.

this season, well if he can stay fit maybe just maybe we might get enough points to at least see the 10pts come into play this season and not next.

as for staying with tim this weekend, we all have our cross to bare dont we...

bring on the orient!

Gutted I missed it and its a typical 2 weeks away and 2 wins for Pompey, I should do it more often! I hope we can keep Connelly and Big Pat for next season, Cureton shows what a decent older striker can achieve! PuP

Occasionaly this season we have seen one of our guys running thru. the middle, and when & if the ball is actually crossed for him, its the big swing with a big boot, either to end up nowhere near the goal or else a complete miskick, this time the brilliant Jed Wallace saw him & cooly played in the perfect ball, it was really brilliant to see it put away, with class. the 2nd goal was also briliantly taken, hope he can stay fit. :1:

great 2 nd half performance, then had the joy of watching the blokes next to me squirm everytime either team went close, Connelly 1st goalscorer and to win 2-0 was 33-1!

I overheard that one. A chap sat behind me wanted it to stay 2-0 to collect his winnings. I had Pompey to win on my bet but lost out on Crewe recording an away win of all things. Saw Gerry Francis in the directors box but not sure there's anything to read in that?