Polly Toynbee, Labour's cheerleader extraordinaire, makes a twat of herself in the Guardian. | Vital Football

Polly Toynbee, Labour's cheerleader extraordinaire, makes a twat of herself in the Guardian.

ahx00

Vital Football Hero
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jun/03/labour-iron-man-ed-balls

Read the article and feel the warming glow rise up in you as you realise that, although things might not be perfect for you, you can never be as hypocritical and devoid of integrity as one Mrs Toynbee.

The comments are the best bit, as even the die-hard Guardianistas turn on her in droves.

Integrity is like virginity; you either have or you don't, and I'd warrant she lost hers a long long time ago..and once lost you can never get it back, and how you lost it will remain with you for the rest of your life....

I bet she still has nightmares.

As always, Ex, you are so far off beam that you disappear up your own orifice (and this is not to mention the Neanderthal misogyny of your analogy).

Quite what the point of ahxoo's post is, though, I don't know. Are you castigating Toynbee for lacking integrity? The kind of integrity to be found in the Bullington yobs who have been slipped into government by the Lib Dems? Or are you, as a principled man of the Left, castigating her for backing Balls' balls up?

All I know is that history will accord this appalling excuse for a government the opprobrium that it deserves and it will take sensible people years to undo the fruits of its stupidity.

I think that's what Toynbee is trying to say!

Sorry. I forgot there'd need to be some background to this.
Every week she posts the same old articles; Tories bad! Labour good!
Usually they're harmless and somewhat accurate, in a labour-fan kind of way, but today's was special for one particular reason.

Polly has towed the party line of 'AUSTERITY IS TERRIBLE, TORIES WILL RUIN US' all year, and now, when Balls announces essentially the same policies at the Tories? "Iron Ed will ensure strict financial discipline... the noble hero of the people!"

The most flagrant and hilarious flip-flop in the history of beach-shoes.

I don't 100% believe in austerity, but then, i'm not 100% an economist, so I couldn't know either way 100%.

What I do know is, if you have a regular article in a national newspaper, you owe it to the readership to write with integrity and honesty. Polly Toynbee writes propaganda, nothing more.

Autotrader ought to pull the plug once and for all on that loss-making rag, with its readership numbers so low it'd be easier to ring them all up with the news. Then Ms. Toynbee can find another way to fund her Tuscan villa and private school fees, like all the other hypocritical comrades. By the way, austerity is when you actually reduce your debts, not continue to borrow slightly less.

Innispurs - 4/6/2013 23:37

As always, Ex, you are so far off beam that you disappear up your own orifice (and this is not to mention the Neanderthal misogyny of your analogy).

Quite what the point of ahxoo's post is, though, I don't know. Are you castigating Toynbee for lacking integrity? The kind of integrity to be found in the Bullington yobs who have been slipped into government by the Lib Dems? Or are you, as a principled man of the Left, castigating her for backing Balls' balls up?

All I know is that history will accord this appalling excuse for a government the opprobrium that it deserves and it will take sensible people years to undo the fruits of its stupidity.

I think that's what Toynbee is trying to say!

Say it as it is Innis...as you often speak out of your arse!

Ahx sadly has made the point for me in his next post, she's a flip flop politician with no principles whatsoever, other than (to keep with your theme) a deep desire to suck Balls balls and to blow smoke up his arse.

As for history, we'll all be grateful enough soon enough, austerity is working, albeit it's still being done too timidly for my liking and only prolongs the pain of having to clear up the utter catastrophe that labour left us in...

The funny thing is that labours biggets donor is now castigating Balls and Co and threatening to cut off his funding to them as he thinks they are now looking utterly clueless and devoid of a single credible policy!!

And that's from a man that gave them £1.8 mill last year..

Perhaps he's finally woken up too? So maybe there's hope for you yet?

[img=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T9c9FPMC83o/UJjYaq0vNMI/AAAAAAAAONU/RANiMrZLo8I/s400/Gold+Dust+New+Pic+2012-2013+02.jpg]

Yes?

ahx00 - 5/6/2013 13:50

[img=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T9c9FPMC83o/UJjYaq0vNMI/AAAAAAAAONU/RANiMrZLo8I/s400/Gold+Dust+New+Pic+2012-2013+02.jpg]

Yes?

Can the mods please put this in the photo's thread 80 started?

And here we go again...

The 'principles' of labour are obviously entirely 'flexible'...perhaps Polly is writing Labours policies after all!

The hypocrisy of labour is outstanding.

George Osborne’s letter to Ed Miliband in full about John Mills:

Dear Ed,

You said in April last year that “tax avoidance is a terrible thing”. In relation to the tax affairs of Google, you said last month that there is a “culture of irresponsibility”. You went further still and pointed to the consequence if everyone avoided tax: “If everyone approaches their tax affairs as some of these companies have approached their tax affairs we wouldn’t have a health service, we wouldn’t have an education system”.

Yet it is reported in today’s Telegraph that the Labour Party has gone to great lengths to help your biggest donor, John Mills, avoid paying tax on a political donation. He told the Daily Telegraph that he donated in shares to avoid tax: “To be honest with you, it is the most tax efficient way of doing this. Because, otherwise, you get no tax relief on donations to political parties for understandable reasons”. Mr Mills has said that this decision “came out of a discussion I had with [the Labour Party] about the best way of doing it”. He praised the model of donating and welcomed your “sensitive” compliance and legal team.

The Labour Party registered a donation of shares in JML worth £1.65m in January 2013, from John Mills. By making a donation in shares rather than as a single cash dividend, it has been reported that Mills managed to avoid a potential tax charge of £724,710. Alternatively, it is estimated that to make a donation of £1.65m in cash Mills would have had to earn £3.1m, and pay £1.46m to HM Revenue and Customs.

The tax affairs of individuals are a matter for them and HMRC. My questions are for you and the Labour Party rather than Mills. Can you confirm that the Labour Party advised Mills on how to avoid tax on his donation? As leader of the Labour Party, and given your previous statements on tax avoidance, such actions by your party appear to be directly at odds with your public statements.

Most importantly, will you now pass the amount of tax that has been avoided to the Exchequer? As you say, this is money that is needed to fund vital public services such as the health service and our schools.

I am sure you appreciate the severity of this report for your party, and the importance of the questions raised. I look forward to your response.

Yours sincerely,

George Osborne

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/30/ukip-gunning-labour-ed-miliband

"It's a misconception that Ukip draws from the right: its biggest support is from Labour's traditional – and disaffected – base"

Galvin's Shinpads - 6/6/2013 13:22

Ha! Modern British Labour ARE right-wing.

UKIP are hoovering-up the frightened into it's swag bag.

UKIP's fastest growing segment, is disaffected previous labour voters.