The Politics Thread | Page 269 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Has to, I've lost count of her 'whoopsies' now. I know Hancock is trying to run a close second, but I'm convinced she gets a set of steak knives with the next ministerial failing as she's making Chris Grayling look competent.

It's as predictable as it is embarrassing.

The anti Starmer stuff seems to come from the Tories twats who are bred to be so anti Labour they aren’t bothered the govt spunks they money up the wall, and the lefties still living in the Corbyn past.

Starmer does his job and get slated. Seems to be a rhetoric online claiming he’s irrelevant, seems to have snowballed quickly.

The anti Starmer stuff seems to come from the Tories twats who are bred to be so anti Labour they aren’t bothered the govt spunks they money up the wall, and the lefties still living in the Corbyn past.

Starmer does his job and get slated. Seems to be a rhetoric online claiming he’s irrelevant, seems to have snowballed quickly.
Yes, typical of the overwhelmingly right-media in this country happily spreading their disinformation and failing to cover the work being done by Starmer.

He wiped the floor with Johnson at PMQs today (again) but he (and the shadow front bench) has his work cut out repairing the damage done during Corbyn's term as leader.

Even if Cameron didn't fudge the letter of the law (and let's face it, he's not alone on lobbying whilst walking the line), surely every MP has to see that a former PM in particular 'texting' means the rules are wrong as that's too close a contact, it's not formal, it's not listed and it's not transparent.

One Tory MP today made great points about the register - name, on behalf of, what you want to talk about and then what was talked about + conclusions possible next steps. It keeps everything open, and even daftly if another MP has a specific interest, they can also get involved and in some cases it could lead to greater cross party drives on things.

And it should apply to all regardless, not the sasquatch way it's enforced now.

Even if Cameron didn't fudge the letter of the law (and let's face it, he's not alone on lobbying whilst walking the line), surely every MP has to see that a former PM in particular 'texting' means the rules are wrong as that's too close a contact, it's not formal, it's not listed and it's not transparent.

One Tory MP today made great points about the register - name, on behalf of, what you want to talk about and then what was talked about + conclusions possible next steps. It keeps everything open, and even daftly if another MP has a specific interest, they can also get involved and in some cases it could lead to greater cross party drives on things.

And it should apply to all regardless, not the sasquatch way it's enforced now.
No surprise that the Tories voted down Labour's inquiry proposal tonight. They don't want people poking their nose where it's not wanted and causing chaos in the hen house.

Yup, thoroughly expected so I didn't follow it closely, but after the vote that's why that Tory chap stood out as I couldn't disagree with his criticisms of the current system and he even commented under his proposal a vote wouldn't be needed for all evidence to be made public, it would already be public (and he said all that in full knowledge Labour's motion wouldn't pass) - just wish I could remember his name as his face was new to me.

I think the questions the Tories want to avoid the most is how does a few years out of date Cameron, now know newbie Rishi to the level where they are on text message terms. Yes, they'd have no doubt met and he did the previous PM tour at things with MPs but did they genuinely strike up a quick friendship (in a way you'd more expect with Osborne owing to the position for some advice) or did he get the number 'by arrangement' when he wanted the favour.

I know Brown came out strongly, but I also have no doubts about him and Bliar or Labour when it comes to lobbying just within the lines either.

I know Brown came out strongly, but I also have no doubts about him and Bliar or Labour when it comes to lobbying just within the lines either.
At the end of the day, New Labour was just Tory-lite, but still way more palatable than what's come since then.

This current lot would have Thatcher turning in her grave. The sheer chutzpah of Johnson launching this investigation into Cameron, with the Jennifer Arcuri shit still rumbling on, is quite something.