Points prediction for top 7? Ever the optimist | Page 3 | Vital Football

Points prediction for top 7? Ever the optimist

1711361033110.png

That's what I get putting us to win the home games + Harrogate, draw at Bradford, lose at Mansfield. That's with me actually predicting the results for our nearest rivals too, not just leaving them blank.

Not sure about Barrow's run-in looking kind. 3 away games in a week to 2 play-off contenders in us and Crawley, and one of the division's in-form teams in Doncaster, plus home to Mansfield. Also got to go to Morecambe next Monday, I know it's very unlikely Morecambe get themselves into the playoffs, but they're still just about in contention for now.

Grimsby on 39 with 8 to play, their March results are 2 wins MK Dons and FGR 3 draws us, Wimbledon and Sutton and 1 loss to Wrexham, so yes I think they will be ok.

I suspect you're probably right and they will be safe. But they're still only 6pts above the relegation zone, they'll still be looking over their shoulders. Two tricky games over Easter weekend too, Barrow A and Bradford H. Lose both of those and there'll definitely be a few more nerves setting in if any of their rivals pick up a few points.

Not sure about Barrow's run-in looking kind. 3 away games in a week to 2 play-off contenders in us and Crawley, and one of the division's in-form teams in Doncaster, plus home to Mansfield.

Looking at it again, you’re right.

Their next four games you’d struggle to hand pick a more favourable set. Four after that very difficult.

Interestingly we both play Donny and Mansfield last two. Likelihood is Mansfield will be up by the time they go to Barrow and Donny may already be on the beach (against either side - probably lack motivation against Barrow before a rocket gives them some fire in the belly against us).

Looking at it again, you’re right.

Their next four games you’d struggle to hand pick a more favourable set. Four after that very difficult.

Interestingly we both play Donny and Mansfield last two. Likelihood is Mansfield will be up by the time they go to Barrow and Donny may already be on the beach (against either side - probably lack motivation against Barrow before a rocket gives them some fire in the belly against us).
It's like you've never watched us against a team that has absolutely nothing to play for!

I suspect you're probably right and they will be safe. But they're still only 6pts above the relegation zone, they'll still be looking over their shoulders. Two tricky games over Easter weekend too, Barrow A and Bradford H. Lose both of those and there'll definitely be a few more nerves setting in if any of their rivals pick up a few points.
Bradford are on a bad run at the moment, March results 1 win, 1 draw and lost their last 4. Hopefully that carries on when we play them.

It's like you've never watched us against a team that has absolutely nothing to play for!

As a veteran of Wigan 1998, Wrexham 2000, Forest 2003 and Wycombe 2010(?) we can certainly fuck up whatever circumstance is thrown our way.

I’d still rather play a side with nothing to play for than one with ambitions of their own (Rotherham 2022).

Can of obviously work both ways though.

You do realize you’re all plotting our way into the scrotum-tightening, prostate-aching horror of the playoffs. Constipated nil nil first leg followed by a God-knows-how-one-nil-win in the second leg, followed by a one -nil-down-in-the-first-five-and-that’s-how- it-stayed final.

You do realize you’re all plotting our way into the scrotum-tightening, prostate-aching horror of the playoffs. Constipated nil nil first leg followed by a God-knows-how-one-nil-win in the second leg, followed by a one -nil-down-in-the-first-five-and-that’s-how- it-stayed final.

My scrotum does need tightening to be fair. Even without that I’d probably settle for your hypothetical outcome right now.

My scrotum does need tightening to be fair. Even without that I’d probably settle for your hypothetical outcome right now.
And to this end, you would inflict unimaginable suffering on the circa 44,000 “Gillingham Faithful”? For shame.

And to this end, you would inflict unimaginable suffering on the circa 44,000 “Gillingham Faithful”? For shame.

If the faithful remember where we live it’ll be great getting 40,000 + gates next season. I strongly suggest any ST holders renew asap.