Points prediction for top 7? Ever the optimist | Page 2 | Vital Football

Points prediction for top 7? Ever the optimist

I note that you have Crawley ending the season ahead of the Gills. Could well happen, they had a good win yesterday. But, what a thought - especially if Crawley leap frog us to the play-offs
Yes, maybe I am being slightly harsh on us, but Crawley, Walsall, and Bradford all seem to have hit a nice bit of form, and our season never really felt like it got going.

what would Darcy say ......
No doubt it would be VERY ENTHUSIASTIC!!!!!!

Yes, maybe I am being slightly harsh on us, but Crawley, Walsall, and Bradford all seem to have hit a nice bit of form, and our season never really felt like it got going.

No doubt it would be VERY ENTHUSIASTIC!!!!!!
I suspect Darcy would rejoin the forum if Crawley made the playoffs!

Anyone know where you can find the perditions league thing, you are provided with all the future fixtures and you just have to fill in your predictions and it works out a table?

Anyone know where you can find the perditions league thing, you are provided with all the future fixtures and you just have to fill in your predictions and it works out a table?

Google is your friend. Here’s one, I think there are many

Here’s a good one, “The Fishy”. You only put in the results for teams you want to predict. The predictor fills in the rest based on current form lines

Relax all. I had us 5th on 79 points.

But that is 1-0 wins to the end of the season. No option to pick Lapslie as our scorer though ☹️

Edit * Goal difference of -1 too.

Everything is fine, I am sticking with the prediction of 71 points to snatch 7th, possible it could be done with 70 points this season.

We only need 5 wins.

I'm not sure if this is optimisim or insanity now, send the men in white coats immediately.

Just because I love stats, here is the last 6 games played table. Noteable mini league in red, interesting that barrow and morecambe have done worse than us in the last 6 games, but with many teams having games in hand it is negligible what we can derive from that... It looks like the Gills need to "do a crawley" and life will be good.

form.jpg

We only need 5 wins.

IF we do what we should do (i.e) stuff Grimsby on Saturday, I'll concede that such things are still possible.

IF we can then go on to win games against those that are also in the play-off chase it definitely will be.

Sadly both the sentences above start with very big IFs.

We could beat Grimsby but no sure we have shown the consistency to then go and win the next few. Whoever goes on a consistent run will claim the playoff spot - just can't see us changing the habits of this season.

Once the games in hand are played out I suspect we will be a good few points off 7th.

I got us just missing out on 69pts. But then again I went to Notts Forest, where it was only mathematically possible we might get relegated!
15 months ago I fully expected us to be currently fighting to get out of the National League, So, whatever happens, we will end this season much better off.*

*In my mind of course!

For us to have any chance of a sniff at the play-offs we would prob have to win 5/6 of our remaining games. There's been nothing in our side all season to suggest that might happen with this bunch of bang average players.
Time to start thinking of another exiting season ahead of us with all the joys that league 2 football will bring us and maybe even a couple of matches where we manage to score more than one goal.

Results needed in the last 7 games to reach 70 or 71 "might" do it

5 wins
or
4 wins 2 draws

last chance saloon?

3 wins 4 draws to try and sneak it with 69 points

4 wins to go

3 wins 2 draws to try and sneak it

Watched the morecombe game on ifollow. Delighted to see Josh Andrews on the pitch, essentially a new signing if he can stay fit! even if he is a sub to replace a tired Hawkins in the run in, it could be a huge benefit.

Keep the faith, we can do this 🤞

Looked at the fixtures yesterday and have a feeling Newport will make the playoffs. They have 7 games left and apart from Crawley all their other fixtures are against teams in the lower half of the league and only really Colchester involved in the relegation fight.

We`re just goal difference from a play-off berth - we can do it.

At this stage it`s more about passion and a will to win than it is about flashy footy. Plus, as Chrissy says, we`ve also got a "new signing" to help the cause.

Until the large person sings (!) we are still in it and we go for maximum points.

When at the match, sing or shout out loud, whether we`re winning or behind. I had another sore throat after the Morecambe game - WE are the twelfth man/woman - UTG. :hug::wahey:

I’ve been doing the predictor on Grimsby’s Fishy website. Only predicting Gills results (and it does the rest based on form and the odd random result).

I’ve had a heap of goes but I can only get us in 7th with 4 wins or 3W 3D.

Even then it’s tight. Especially if Crawley don’t implode. They are sitting there needing only to match our points from here on in but with 2 extra games to do it. I know they have some very tough games, but so do we (Barrow, Mansfield, Crewe especially).

So, we either hope for implosion of Crawley (and Walsall) or we win at least 4 possibly 5.