Points and Goal Difference Predictor | Page 7 | Vital Football

Points and Goal Difference Predictor

9 games (5 away)

10 points
Minus 2 goal difference

Averages to 42 points end of season if we maintain (38 last season)

And minus 9 goal difference (last season minus 30)

And scoring 42 goals. We scored 38 last season

At this rate we will only concede 51 goals compared to 68 last season

Minus 9 goal difference would have been 11th best goal difference last season

42 points finished 13th last season

We are still in good shape. Although obviously it could have looked so much better today.

For those thinking we are deep in a relegation battle perhaps the stat that is most encouraging is that if the current bottom 3 combined ALL of their points won to date they only get to 8 points in total

And together if they stay in this form will only get 34 points between them all season!

If they stay in this form they will end up with the following points totals at the end of the season

Burnley 17 points and minus 68 goal difference
Bournemouth 13 points and minus 59 goal difference
Sheff United 4 points and minus 72 goal difference

These 3 teams have got to seriously seriously improve to have any chance of even getting to 30 points

No doubt some managerial changes coming soon with them

But put yourself in their shoes - how do they fookin improve?

Our problem yesterday was silly errors. Their problems are way deeper than that

We've actually seen way more positives than negatives this season

Last edited:
Last night:

Sheff United Forum:
"We’re cooked. Worst Prem team ever."

Bournemouth Forum:
"Worrying times. Individual mistakes alongside a general lack of form across our team is a recipe for relegation. There isn't one facet of our play that looks better than last season."

Burnley Forum:
"Unfortunately the more time this young team has the worst they get."

Last edited:
Last night:

Sheff United Forum:
"We’re cooked. Worst Prem team ever."

Bournemouth Forum:
"Worrying times. Individual mistakes alongside a general lack of form across our team is a recipe for relegation. There isn't one facet of our play that looks better than last season."

Burnley Forum:
"Unfortunately the more time this young team has the worst they get."

It will be great to see Bournemouth go down (obviously Sheff Utd goes without saying).

Hopefully them and their 12 fans never play in this league ever again.

The major concern for me is that we still have Sheff Utd, Burnley and Luton away and Bournemouth, Everton and Wolves home and away. If we had any of those fixtures right now I'd have zero confidence and would fear the worst. 27 points up for grabs there.

The major concern for me is that we still have Sheff Utd, Burnley and Luton away and Bournemouth, Everton and Wolves home and away. If we had any of those fixtures right now I'd have zero confidence and would fear the worst. 27 points up for grabs there.

All the away games above great opportunities to take 3 points

The home games more pressure on us but again if we only draw those games it would be disappointing

9 games above I would expect us to come out with 12 to 15 points from

Which keeps us well on course for 12th to 15th in the league

Yes the results haven’t shown it but, even with our injuries, we are continuing to improve. Yesterday we dominated and could have been four or five goals to the good.

We will get plenty of points from those games, even if we played them now with our injury list.

Despite bedding in a ruckload of players we are six points clear already and have far more points than we did last season. Yesterday was frustrating precisely because we were by far the better team. How many games could we say that last season?

Yes I am still annoyed but in context I don’t think it’s a result that will define our season and I am not worried about relegation. There’s one team at least that won’t get to our current points total let alone where we will be come season’s end.

Yes the results haven’t shown it but, even with our injuries, we are continuing to improve. Yesterday we dominated and could have been four or five goals to the good.

We will get plenty of points from those games, even if we played them now with our injury list.

Despite bedding in a ruckload of players we are six points clear already and have far more points than we did last season. Yesterday was frustrating precisely because we were by far the better team. How many games could we say that last season?

Yes I am still annoyed but in context I don’t think it’s a result that will define our season and I am not worried about relegation. There’s one team at least that won’t get to our current points total let alone where we will be come season’s end.
I really wish I had your confidence/faith

We've played 9 Premier League Games

We've lost 3

To Arsenal, Man United and Man City away

It shows how far we've come that people are complaining about where we are

Those 3 games last season we

Scored 0 and conceded 14

This season we scored 3 and conceded 7

We are unrecognizable from last season

The 3 teams in relegation zone between them have lost 21 games this season already and conceded 67 goals in just 27 games between them

The thing is, I don’t think we will lose any of those games, it’s just how many we will win versus drawing

If we won 3, drew 3 and lost 3 we would take 12 points from the 9 games

(And that's the least I would expect)

Which will be more than double than some of those teams take from them

They would be over the moon and shocked to even take 9 points from those 9 games right now the form they are in

Last edited:
The three home games against probable relegation candidates is what gives everyone the jitters. Win and two draws. Expectation was different. All three games we dominated first 20 mins and should of been well infront in two out of the three. Away teams, knowing our home form set up not to concede. Crown fervour diminishes, our confidence slumps and theirs rise. They then start attacking us and it becomes a bit of a battle. We need to score when we are dominant and show more patients when we don’t.

The three home games against probable relegation candidates is what gives everyone the jitters. Win and two draws. Expectation was different. All three games we dominated first 20 mins and should of been well infront in two out of the three. Away teams, knowing our home form set up not to concede. Crown fervour diminishes, our confidence slumps and theirs rise. They then start attacking us and it becomes a bit of a battle. We need to score when we are dominant and show more patients when we don’t.

Look forward to playing all 3 away from home myself

I dunno... I (and I reckon of lot of others) recognise the same silly mistakes being made.

You do realise when we score goals in the Premier League ourselves it more often than not involves mistakes from opposition players as well

There's normally someone to blame

We recognise immediately when one of our players makes a mistake and immediately apportion blame

All teams do. Luton blamed both our goals on their player mistakes.

It's very rare you can concede a goal and say that nobody was to blame??

We will be blaming players for silly mistakes all season and not noticing the opposition mistakes same match

It's just what happens in football

It's happening to every single Premier League team pretty much every time they concede.

Someone gets blamed. And if you can't blame a player it becomes the manager

You do realise when we score goals in the Premier League ourselves it more often than not involves mistakes from opposition players as well

There's normally someone to blame

We recognise immediately when one of our players makes a mistake and immediately apportion blame

All teams do. Luton blamed both our goals on their player mistakes.

It's very rare you can concede a goal and say that nobody was to blame??

We will be blaming players for silly mistakes all season and not noticing the opposition mistakes same match

It's just what happens in football

It's happening to every single Premier League team pretty much every time they concede.

Someone gets blamed. And if you can't blame a player it becomes the manager

Blame Canada.

you mean we should give them covid or something ?

11 games (6 away)

13 points
Minus 3 goal difference

Averages to 45 points end of season if we maintain (38 last season)

And minus 10 goal difference (last season minus 30)

And scoring 41 goals. We scored 38 last season

Minus 10 goal difference would have been 13th best goal difference last season

45 points finished 11th last season

Weve played a bunch of shite teams at home which is great as we always play shite against shite teams at home with less atmosphere

And weve got Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal away out of the way already

All good

I think 10th to 14th should be target now

Good progress from last season

Plenty of ups and downs still to come

Let's not slag off Cooper or one of our players every time we have a down

Just enjoy the ride!!!

Last edited:
11 games (6 away)

13 points
Minus 3 goal difference

Averages to 45 points end of season if we maintain (38 last season)

And minus 10 goal difference (last season minus 30)

And scoring 41 goals. We scored 38 last season

Minus 10 goal difference would have been 13th best goal difference last season

45 points finished 11th last season

Weve played a bunch of shite teams at home which is great as we always play shite against shite teams at home with less atmosphere

And weve got Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal away out of the way already

All good

I think 10th to 14th should be target now

Good progress from last season

Plenty of ups and downs still to come

Let's not slag off Cooper or one of our players every time we have a down

Just enjoy the ride!!!
shouldnt start a sentence with 'and' you've been warned about your use of English grammar before