Podcasts | Vital Football

Podcasts

SE1_Gills

Vital 1st Team Regular
I've really got into podcasts recently, they seem to be either sports or business related.

My favourites are:

KM football
This is Money Ball
Quickly Kevin Will He Score
FT Money Show
Edit: Hip hop saved my life is pretty good

Anyone else listen?

On a side note- on the money ball podcast it was mentioned that the team that wins the Scottish Premier League gets £2.5m in prize money, and the team that finishes bottom on the English Premier League gets £100m. Ludicrous.

Last edited:
I've really got into podcasts recently, they seem to be either sports or business related.

My favourites are:

KM football
This is Money Ball
FT Money Show

Anyone else listen?

On a side note- on the money ball podcast it was mentioned that the team that wins the Scottish Premier League gets £2.5m in prize money, and the team that finishes bottom on the English Premier League gets £100m. Ludicrous.
Apart from a very few teams Jock football has small crowds and little international appeal hence no money. In lower divisions the crowds are so sparse that the names of the supporters are read out for the benefit of the players.

I've always thought he's a poor presenter but Tim Lovejoys podcast 'Dear Lovejoy' is surprisingly good. It's him in his kitchen at home interviewing all kinds of different people. The ones with the ex SAS soldiers were decent.

My favourites are:

KM football
This is Money Ball
FT Money Show
Edit: Hip hop saved my life is pretty good

Anyone else listen?

Why is this that ludicrous? Being a man who works in investment you will be aware of market forces, and supply and demand. They get that kind of money because it's a multi billion pound business which they are part of. Id rather the clubs (and therefore the players) get the money than sky bosses or premier league bosses.

The money goes towards the players (and unfortunately their agents - who are vastly overpaid for their roles in the whole thing), but other than that, why shouldn't the players get their dues for being the key focus of the sport and the ones with the talent that literally billions of people watch.

I would say id prefer it to be more evenly spread throughout the whole football league and grass roots football, but in the same respect i think its fair for the teams in the premiership to get the lions share of money they are responsible for bringing in by the way of sponsorships and TV deals.

Last edited: