Poch thanks Levy and board.. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Poch thanks Levy and board..

Because our policy as a club is that we do not quote on speculation.

One chink in that approach and the press would speculate forever.

Poch was laughing as Simon did his work, I think for those that know him, that said it all.

It's not speculation, it's a straight question. Poch is not answering. All he has to do is state clearly , no he is not interested to stop the reporters asking. Having a press officer preventing the questions is embarrassing, just stop the rumours by saying it as it is.
Being gagged and the reporters being restricted makes the rumours worse.

Poch looked awkward and tried to lighten the mood by making a joke of it.

It's not speculation, it's a straight question. Poch is not answering. All he has to do is state clearly , no he is not interested to stop the reporters asking. Having a press officer preventing the questions is embarrassing, just stop the rumours by saying it as it is.
Being gagged and the reporters being restricted makes the rumours worse.

Poch looked awkward and tried to lighten the mood by making a joke of it.

Well I think you've read it completely wrong.

The moment you allow a pre-match press conference to go off-track (Wenger and Fergie would never allow it), you are then always open to being asked 'straight questions' that you shouldn't have to answer or answer out of context . There are the rules that the press sign up to when they attend a pre-match press conference; make one exception and you'll have set a precedent you can't take back - which is why Simon did what he did, Simon treats all journalists with respect and always has done - but they all sign up to the same set of rules, in this case just ONE jourmnalist decided he was 'special' and would break the rules.

IF they want to get an answer to anything that directly relates to Poch, the correct approach is to approach Poch's agent/representative and /or the club and request an interview - where the questions are submitted in advance and vetted by our press office.

That is why Simon did what he did, and why Poch refused to answer and laughed at the Sky reporter as it was a break with protocol and Poch never ever breaks the rules.

And that is Simon's take on the whole matter., and he's dead right.

I am not reading anything wrong. I am reading Poch being evasive on the question. The reporters wouldn't need to ask the question if Poch had previously scotched the rumour, which he hasn't.

His silence or refusal to engage on the subject only fuels the speculation and the blatant gagging by Simon only magnifies the issue.

Why can't Poch scotch it ? Either he doesn't know if he's going or doesn't want to upset the apple cart by admitting he's interested or is going in the summer. Or the bullshine official line......The club does not comment on speculation. I thought Levy came out or the club website and issued an official statement on speculation recently, can't remember what it was over now ? Kane for sale or a club buyout ,something like that. It was to scotch rumours .