Poch thanks Levy and board.. | Vital Football

Poch thanks Levy and board..

Spursex

Alert Team
Mauricio Pochettino congratulates Tottenham chief Daniel Levy for 'massive effort' after Champions League turnaround

Click to follow
ES Sport

daniellevy1212a.jpg

High praise | Mauricio Pochettino says Daniel Levy deserves 'massive recognition' for his work this season ( EPA )

ES Football Newsletter

or register with your social account

I would like to receive news and stats from the Premier League, twice a week by email
Already have an account? Log in

Mauricio Pochettino has heaped praise on Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy for the ‘massive effort’ he and the Spurs board have contributed this season.

A 1-1 draw at Barcelona’s Camp Nou, and PSV’s draw at Inter Milan, meant that Spurs sealed their place in the Champions League last 16 for a second consecutive season despite only taking one point from their first three group stage games.

With the distraction of a delayed stadium, so summer signings and an ever-growing injury list, Pochettino’s achievement so far this season cannot be underestimated.

The 46-year-old, though, was quick to praise Levy for his behind the scenes role.

“I want to say that Daniel Levy should be so happy. I want to congratulate him,” Pochettino said.
Read more

“He's putting in a massive effort, trying to deliver and finish the stadium. Sometimes it's easy to get the praise, the coaching staff, the players and the fans but I think he, and all the board, deserve massive congratulations because they're putting in a massive effort, building what is for me one of the best stadiums in the world.

“I think I want to congratulate him and this achievement, he is a big part of it and he deserves massive recognition for that.”

The Spurs boss was not short of praise for his squad following a hectic schedule.

In Pictures | Champions League matchday 6 | 11/12/2018

2018-12-11T214758Z-718937762-RC1EBE89C060-RTRMADP-3-SOCCER-CHAMPIONS-FCB-TOT.JPG

2018-12-11T203716Z-854924598-RC171D10BFA0-RTRMADP-3-SOCCER-CHAMPIONS-LIV-NAP.JPG

alisson-111218.jpg

ucl111218j.jpg

“I think it was an unbelievable effort and we are in a period in England where we are playing every three days,” he added.

“Of course we need to rotate the starting XI of course. The squad is so important but it's so tough. The physical and mental effort the players are expending.”

So he's thanking Levy for delivering the stadium late. Poch has no input into the stadium but Levy does have input into the squad and has not provided Poch or Spurs with enough funds to buy players good enough to improve the team.

It should be Levy thanking and apologising to Poch and the fans and coming clean as to why he couldn't.

So he's thanking Levy for delivering the stadium late. Poch has no input into the stadium but Levy does have input into the squad and has not provided Poch or Spurs with enough funds to buy players good enough to improve the team.

It should be Levy thanking and apologising to Poch and the fans and coming clean as to why he couldn't.

Exactly. I'm not interested in what he says here. Means nothing.

Poch is quoted as saying........when we lose the fans blame the chairman sometimes deserved sometimes not ........or words to the effect.

Daniel Levy 'worried' Mauricio Pochettino could leave Tottenham

I would like to receive news and stats from the Premier League, twice a week by email
Already have an account? Log in

Mauricio Pochettino has joked Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is "worried" about the reports linking him with other jobs.

The Argentinian has been linked repeatedly with the likes of Real Madrid and Manchester United and his stock has increased yet further after he guided Spurs into the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Pochettino, brought to north London by Levy in 2014, said, tongue in cheek, that Levy was "concerned" by the speculation, not that he felt the need to put his chairman's mind at ease.

"He no laugh," he said. "I don't get bored (about reading them) but he maybe is worried, he is concerned.

Tottenham boss Pochettino welcomes Real Madrid and Man Utd talk

"But it's normal. It's not nice for Daniel to hear all that history.

"It's like in football, when appear the sporting director or the president and say, 'No, no, no. The manager is going to be here. We trust in him.' The next game, lose the game, out!

"If you reassure something it's because you are thinking in different (ways). He's a worry man! That is different. He suffers."

The manager did, however, reveal that Levy was enduring sleepless nights in his drive to leave a lasting legacy at the club.

Levy is currently consumed by delivering Spurs' new stadium - a project that has suffered escalating costs and many delays and problems along the way.

There could be good news on the horizon, though, as the club are expected to announce test events at the state-of-the-art arena early next month and Pochettino is convinced it will be like no other stadium.

Levy is not universally popular with the club's supporters, but Pochettino, who admitted his boss was "not an easy man", thinks he deserves credit.

"The chairman is suffering a lot," Pochettino said. "He is so tired about work. The last few months he didn't sleep because he is trying to deliver the stadium.

Spurs 'concerned' at reports fans were mistreated by Barca stewards

"He is trying to make everyone happy but it's a massive project. I think people don't realise the magnitude of the project and how difficult it is to manage everything.

"Everyone is disappointed because we are still not playing there, but the day we move everyone is going to realise how massive the project was and how good the facilities are.

"It doesn't just depend on him. When you build something, you depend on many companies. I think it's more than 20 that are working there. It's so, so difficult.

"That is why I think he needs to feel the love from the fans and the club. He is working so hard, too hard, to leave a legacy forever. And I think that's fantastic.

"When you compare the new stadium to other stadiums, we are going to be so lucky to play there.

"He is not an easy man. But he is so passionate to create some things for the fans and the staff and the players.

"He is always thinking to do things for other people. And of course, for the fans. That is a fantastic thing but the people sometimes struggle to understand.

"The team wins and the praise is for the players, the coaching staff or the manager. When lose, the first is him that the people blame - sometimes deserved! Sometimes, no.

"I think he deserves a fantastic recognition because what he's doing, him and the board, is a fantastic thing for the club and it's going to be there forever."

"The team wins and the praise is for the players, the coaching staff or the manager. When lose, the first is him that the people blame - sometimes deserved! Sometimes, no.

Is this Poch saying the fans are right to sometimes blame Levy? Or does he mean himself?

Press conference today our press officer issued a warning not to ask questions about Man U. Poch was silenced and the reporters firmly told NO.

I read it as himself?

My take on it is that we all have responsibility for our own brand. Some put more emphasis on it than others.

What we occasionally see is Poch's natural DNA protecting the brand of his boss. That's expected in my opinion when they work together and seem to get on. That's what I read into last Friday's interview when he talked about sleep deprivation, pressure of the stadium etc. Good on him for protecting his boss.

I would hope long term Levy puts more emphasis on it. Whilst the assumption is that he doesn't like the limelight, the reality is that he could attain a better brand in many other ways. That would surely make him get a load more satisfaction in his job.

It's also hard to believe that he really is that arrogant that he doesn't give a monkeys about what people think of him.

Why cant Poch state that he has no interest in a move anywhere anytime soon ?

Because our policy as a club is that we do not quote on speculation.

One chink in that approach and the press would speculate forever.

Poch was laughing as Simon did his work, I think for those that know him, that said it all.

My take on it is that we all have responsibility for our own brand. Some put more emphasis on it than others.

What we occasionally see is Poch's natural DNA protecting the brand of his boss. That's expected in my opinion when they work together and seem to get on. That's what I read into last Friday's interview when he talked about sleep deprivation, pressure of the stadium etc. Good on him for protecting his boss.

I would hope long term Levy puts more emphasis on it. Whilst the assumption is that he doesn't like the limelight, the reality is that he could attain a better brand in many other ways. That would surely make him get a load more satisfaction in his job.

It's also hard to believe that he really is that arrogant that he doesn't give a monkeys about what people think of him.
For all his perceived faults IMO Levy lives and breaths THSF, and it is undoubtedly a character fault that I have that I still bristle when I read people saying Levy is only interested in money. Utter bollocks IMO.